Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ULP up at 145.9 & Premium at 161.9 !!! (Read 3068 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ULP up at 145.9 & Premium at 161.9 !!!
Reply #15 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 11:05am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:56am:
Great video Nail.
Let Longweekend put that in his pipe & smoke it.   Grin

badweekend couldn't even get into the starting gate Smiley LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #16 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 11:28am

cods wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:02am:
trouble is eletricity is coal powered unless they charge electric cars. without using electricity.. havent seen too many electric car power stations going up.. I am sure rusty has.. but shouldnt they be preparing for this evolution of the car industry.

Exactly. Maybe in the future.

Of course electric cars will be a long of fun. They have that get up and go that other technology can't offer.

I know that from my hybrid Camry and the Prius I used to drive.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 11:31am

muso wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 11:28am:
cods wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:02am:
trouble is eletricity is coal powered unless they charge electric cars. without using electricity.. havent seen too many electric car power stations going up.. I am sure rusty has.. but shouldnt they be preparing for this evolution of the car industry.

Exactly. Maybe in the future.

Muso - we never will until petrol runs out.
The Govt. makes too much tax out of petrol.
The graph of last years tax take again.

Appendix_G_1_003.gif (26 KB | 37 )
Appendix_G_1_003.gif

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #18 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 11:40am

You don't have to tell me that. There are a lot of parties interested in maintaining things as they are.

It was quite funny, but when I still had the Prius, there was a guy at a party talking about his V8. I told him that the Prius would give him a run for his money because of the very high torque at zero revs. He was not convinced until  we decided to put it to the test. He was totally flabbergasted. 

I don't know if the Camry delivers more low end torque than the Prius or not. It has a 2.4 litre ICE engine alone of course, which is great for overtaking. It doesn't have the dead spot that the Prius suffered from at high revs.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 12:12pm

muso wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 11:40am:
You don't have to tell me that. There are a lot of parties interested in maintaining things as they are.

It was quite funny, but when I still had the Prius, there was a guy at a party talking about his V8. I told him that the Prius would give him a run for his money because of the very high torque at zero revs. He was not convinced until  we decided to put it to the test. He was totally flabbergasted. 

I don't know if the Camry delivers more low end torque than the Prius or not. It has a 2.4 litre ICE engine alone of course, which is great for overtaking. It doesn't have the dead spot that the Prius suffered from at high revs.

But you are still addicted to the pump with this type of hybrid design Sad

Is there any reason why Toyota won't build a plugin hybrid like GM is doing in the states ??

There is no reason except for a secret handshake with the Government and the fossil fool corporations Sad I believe that Chevron owns the battery IP used in the Prius Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 12:24pm

Repeat of my constant reminder to everyone:

We sell gas to the Chinese for 4 cents per litre.
We could have been using only cheap gas for the last 40 years in all our cars.
Instead we chose to import petrol at a cost to our balance of payments.
This is an example of bad governments from both sides of politcis
for a very long time.
Guess what?
It still happens today & will continue untill petrol runs out.
Hopefully we'll still have some gas left by then.

In the meantime maybe electric powered vehicles will take over
run by solar cells which charge the national grid up during the day
& recharge the batteries from the grid by night.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 2:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 12:24pm:
Repeat of my constant reminder to everyone:

We sell gas to the Chinese for 4 cents per litre.
We could have been using only cheap gas for the last 40 years in all our cars.
Instead we chose to import petrol at a cost to our balance of payments.
This is an example of bad governments from both sides of politcis
for a very long time.
Guess what?
It still happens today & will continue untill petrol runs out.
Hopefully we'll still have some gas left by then.

In the meantime maybe electric powered vehicles will take over
run by solar cells which charge the national grid up during the day
& recharge the batteries from the grid by night.

we need a government with technical qualifications and vision. What we don't need is more lawyer spin merchant politicians pissing down our backs with lawyer spin Sad

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #22 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:45pm

ULP around here is 136.9 today....didn't look at the premium price....

And I'll probably fill up at Young tomorrow for about 0.10 cpl less when I go shopping...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #23 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:58pm

I quite like higher fuel prices, it pegs back the economy and makes people think twice before wasting fuel.
Time to drag out the bicycles, catch public transport and put on the walking shoes.
You will save money and become much healthier  Smiley
With every petrol price increase the world is a healthier place and what the heck..lower carbon emissions helps the planet breathe easier  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #24 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 4:06pm

adelcrow wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:58pm:
I quite like higher fuel prices, it pegs back the economy and makes people think twice before wasting fuel.
Time to drag out the bicycles, catch public transport and put on the walking shoes.
You will save money and become much healthier  Smiley
With every petrol price increase the world is a healthier place and what the heck..lower carbon emissions helps the planet breathe easier  Smiley

Ok Adel....anytime you're prepared to ride a bicycle or walk 180kms (round trip) to see the dentist, doctor or get a CT scan.....I'll cheer you on...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

beware
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 4:13pm

With every petrol price increase the world is a healthier place and what the heck..lower carbon emissions helps the planet breathe easier  Smiley

ypur joking aren't you????

the nearest bus stop from my place is 20kms. so I should ride a bike 20kms and than catch the school bus to do my shopping at the closest town which is another 25kms from the bus stop. than I should catch the school bus back to the closest bus stop and than peddle home with my bags.

Well at least JULIAR will get rid of most people over 50 years old....they will be dead all over the sides of the roads beside their push bikes!!!

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 4:17pm

Actually the first thing it knocks a whole in is tourism, espically to areas which are not accessible by air, or air for a reasonable price.

The next thing it knocks a hole in is people who have to commute to work.  These people have no option, espically regional people who have little, poor or no public transport.  What does the person living in Tumut and travels to Wagga daily for work supposed to do?

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #27 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 4:18pm

Yes I agree Beware...

I think Adel is one of those sad greenies we used to see in the 80's and 90's.....You know, the ones driving the 15 yr old car (billowing black smoke out the exhaust pipe) with the bumper sticker, saying "Burn fat, not oil.....Ride a bike".....all the while spewing more black smoke than a diesel bus....

It's all very well to talk about 'public transport' and 'walking/riding a bike'....when you live in the middle of a capital city.....but it completel ignores ALL the people who live regionally....

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #28 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 4:23pm

Na Im one of those sad greenies from the 60's  Smiley
Oh and I drive a desiel Hilux 4wd (mainly for work) and I cycle and I walk and I use public transport  Smiley

Lets face facts, petrol is a finite, highly polluting fuel and it has a long way to go before it is at a realistic price.
Just because people are used to wasting it does not mean it should always be that way.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #29 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 4:25pm

adelcrow wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 4:23pm:
Na Im one of those sad greenies from the 60's  Smiley
Oh and I drive a desiel Hilux 4wd (mainly for work) and I cycle and I walk and I use public transport  Smiley

Lets face facts, petrol is a finite, highly polluting fuel and it has a long way to go before it is at a realistic price.
Just because people are used to wasting it does not mean it should always be that way.

Good adel....but what do people who live 50-100kms from basic services do for transport, under your idea of a litre of petrol costing as much as a 20pk of cigarettes??????

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print