Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 466 467 468 ... 504
Send Topic Print
What Are You Listening To? (Read 853577 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122420
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6975 - Sep 14th, 2023 at 3:09pm
 
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 14th, 2023 at 2:55pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 25th, 2023 at 10:38pm:
I actually saw this band live in the 1970s.









I've seen them live at least 12 to 14 times.

I got to know Andy and Mick in the '80s (I sold Andy some guitar equipment).

Unfortunately, Mick is no longer with us   Cry

In fact, Andy is the only surviving member.




That is a better story than mine.
You are lucky however I saw them when they were at their best.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
greggerypeccary
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 156170
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6976 - Sep 14th, 2023 at 3:18pm
 
Bobby. wrote on Sep 14th, 2023 at 3:09pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 14th, 2023 at 2:55pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 25th, 2023 at 10:38pm:
I actually saw this band live in the 1970s.









I've seen them live at least 12 to 14 times.

I got to know Andy and Mick in the '80s (I sold Andy some guitar equipment).

Unfortunately, Mick is no longer with us   Cry

In fact, Andy is the only surviving member.




That is a better story than mine.
You are lucky however I saw them when they were at their best.


Yes.

I didn't get to see Brian Connolly, unfortunately.

When I saw them the singer was ex-Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Mario Day, who now lives in Australia.

Back to top
 

GOP = Guardians Of Paedophiles
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122420
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6977 - Sep 14th, 2023 at 5:03pm
 
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 14th, 2023 at 3:18pm:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 14th, 2023 at 3:09pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 14th, 2023 at 2:55pm:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 25th, 2023 at 10:38pm:
I actually saw this band live in the 1970s.





I've seen them live at least 12 to 14 times.

I got to know Andy and Mick in the '80s (I sold Andy some guitar equipment).

Unfortunately, Mick is no longer with us   Cry

In fact, Andy is the only surviving member.




That is a better story than mine.
You are lucky however I saw them when they were at their best.


Yes.

I didn't get to see Brian Connolly, unfortunately.

When I saw them the singer was ex-Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Mario Day, who now lives in Australia.




I saw the real Brian Connolly - a great rock and roll, screaming singer -
he knew how to party hard.

Was the pop quiz question too hard for you?

Reply #6972



Brian got the babes:

...
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122420
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6978 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 7:44pm
 
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122420
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6979 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 7:45pm
 
flip
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122420
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6980 - Sep 19th, 2023 at 7:45pm
 
flip
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122420
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6981 - Oct 23rd, 2023 at 6:19am
 
Can anyone here play drums?

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
issuevoter
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9200
The Great State of Mind
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6982 - Oct 23rd, 2023 at 6:45am
 
Bobby. wrote on Sep 12th, 2023 at 11:24pm:
Pop quiz -

who is this?

[url]https://media.vogue.co.uk/photos/603fc739959bf89ae44634e2/16:9/w_1600
%2Cc_limit/GettyImages-106502723.jpg[/url]



Marianne Faithful, about the time she recorded "As Tears Go By."
Back to top
 

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122420
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6983 - Oct 23rd, 2023 at 6:54am
 
issuevoter wrote on Oct 23rd, 2023 at 6:45am:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 12th, 2023 at 11:24pm:
Pop quiz -

who is this?

[url]https://media.vogue.co.uk/photos/603fc739959bf89ae44634e2/16:9/w_1600
%2Cc_limit/GettyImages-106502723.jpg[/url]



Marianne Faithful, about the time she recorded "As Tears Go By."



Correct - you win the Einstein award.


...
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58262
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6984 - Oct 23rd, 2023 at 9:31am
 
Heard this on my Community Radio.
"Sometimes" by Melanie Horsnell

What do you think Music Expert Peccary, any good?
https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=sometimes+by+melanie&&mid=...
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Gordon
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21983
Gordon
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6985 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 6:48pm
 
Just because







Back to top
 

IBI
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58262
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6986 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 10:59pm
 
Who would have thought that three Blonde 'real' white dudes calling themselves The Police could be such a good band of good music?
I'm surprised the current Lefty Woke Cancel culture hasn't declared them White Supremacist Nazi Racists yet or the BLM haven't burnt all their records.
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
AusGeoff
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Sage of Gippsland

Posts: 6025
Victoria
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6987 - Oct 28th, 2023 at 10:59pm
 
"You're the Voice"...

The original, and best version, by singer-songwriter
Chris Thompson, known for his work with Manfred
Mann's Earth Band, and specifically for his lead vocal
on the classic hit "Blinded By the Light".

    

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122420
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6988 - Nov 10th, 2023 at 8:06am
 
Where did the album cover of Led Zep 4 come from?

story here:
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/09/style/led-zeppelin-album-cover-mystery-solved...




...



...
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122420
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: What Are You Listening To?
Reply #6989 - Nov 11th, 2023 at 7:46pm
 
Tracks on the Album:


1.      "Black Dog"

2.      "Rock and Roll"

3.      "The Battle of Evermore"

4.      "Stairway to Heaven"

Side two

No.      Title
1.      "Misty Mountain Hop"

2.      "Four Sticks"

3.      "Going to California"

4.      "When the Levee Breaks"
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 466 467 468 ... 504
Send Topic Print