Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
One billion in unpaid traffic fines (Read 8313 times)
Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

One billion in unpaid traffic fines
Feb 27th, 2010 at 3:22am

Q: What should we do about it?

A: We should make it 2 billion, then 3 billion, then 4 billion.

Why? Because we have learnt that supposed debts need not be paid. Global debts keep on keeping on. They don't need to be paid because they are really just a figment of the imagination.

There is no requirement at all to pay debts. Why? Because why do dogs lick their balls? Why do we not pay debts? Because we don't want to. Simple. Don't pay, unless you are an idiot.

There are plenty plenty of laws concerning our right of travel within Australia which contravene the current ridiculousness that some other citizen has the right to steal and crush one's car because they think that they may cause some damage. It's just BS. There are absolutely no rights for somebody within Australia to take somebody's property without contract agreement.

And here we get to the crux of the matter. If you pay the fine (or obligation as they put it), then you have unwittingly agreed to the contract.
If you do not pay the fine (obligation, as they put it), then there is really very little that they can "lawfully" do. But they do things anyway. They do very terrible things if you do not pay.

But where is the victim? Has a crime been committed?
They say that the crime is against society. Well sorry, for a crime to be committed, we really do need a tangible victim, not an imaginable source. Otherwise, no crime has actually ocurred.

Get with the strength and stop paying these ridiculous debts...they don't even exist.

IP Logged

fawkes

Australian Politics

Re: One billion in unpaid traffic fines
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2010 at 11:28am

I like your sentiment Amadd, but don't understand how we can put your recommendation into practice without doing ourselves a lot of damage.

As I understand it, if I do not pay a traffic fine the government will simply raise its threatened punishments, until ultimately I am in gaol or the government has confiscated a large chunk of my assets, or both. How do you suggest I avoid those unwanted consequences?

Perhaps a better approach would be for whimps like me to donate towards others who are better than we at evading the law, as payment for them to disable the government's revenue raising cameras along our roads, as fast as the government can fix and install them?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2010 at 8:35pm

Slow down, don't run red lights, pay your parking fees. Cheat the government out of its traffic fines revenue - if that's your bag.

You make it out as if traffic rules were a government conspiracy to inconvenience and rob you.

IP Logged

fawkes

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2010 at 9:00pm

It might not be a conspiracy, but some of the governments' traffic rules certainly inconvenience and rob us. Only whimpy government stooges would recommend obeying stupid laws when it's possible to ignore them.

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 2:22pm

Seems like there might be a pretty good market for radar detectors.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2010 at 2:41pm by aikmann4 »  

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 3:03pm

fawkes wrote on Mar 8th, 2010 at 9:00pm:
Only whimpy government stooges would recommend obeying stupid laws when it's possible to ignore them.

Couldn't expect much better from a self-absorbed bludger who, although claims he is comfortably off, feels he should be reimbursed 10 fold for the few taxes he paid in a lifetime for services he took for granted. Go live in a country that has no infrastructure... If nothing else you'll feel more justified in refusing to pay taxes.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 5:25pm

fawkes wrote on Mar 8th, 2010 at 9:00pm:
It might not be a conspiracy, but some of the governments' traffic rules certainly inconvenience and rob us. Only whimpy government stooges would recommend obeying stupid laws when it's possible to ignore them.

Which bit of the social contract covers YOUR responsibilities??

IP Logged

fawkes

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 8:06pm

Soren wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 5:25pm:

There isn't one that I have ever agreed to.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2010 at 9:00pm

fawkes wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 8:06pm:

Not even the bit about paying you for being you?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Mar 14th, 2010 at 12:00am

Soren wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 9:00pm:
fawkes wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 8:06pm:

Not even the bit about paying you for being you?

Wink

You may as well be speaking Greek to an Eskimo. Leeches don't feel the need even to thank their hosts for the blood, let alone give some back.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

fawkes

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 14th, 2010 at 1:24pm

aikmann4 wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 2:22pm:

There might indeed, except that the government has made them illegal in cars, I believe. Illuminating, how one harassment leads to another!

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #11 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 5:22pm

Yes radar detectors are illegal to sell, purchase or possess in most states, which becomes sticky territory when people accept the right for governments to dictate terms such as these.
The police also use radar detector detectors. So there's another device that they allow themselves to use on us without consent.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #12 - Mar 23rd, 2010 at 8:38am

There is evidence to suggest that these radar dector dectetors may possibly cause brain cancer. Is this a concern?
The next time that you have a radar gun pointed at you, you should realise that you might be sacrificing your own life for others without your explicit consent.
And like it or no, overhead speed cameras can pose the same possible risk.
As long as everybody is happy to be a martyr for the man, then everything will be smitten. Nevermind your kids who will get to watch you die slowly from the undiagnosed cause of your demise.

..that was just bs by the way. Inspired by religious discussion.

« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2010 at 6:02am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

enviro

Taking Out The Trash

Weethalle NSW
Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:24am

I'll take a wild guess that you're an Arab and possibly a Muslim. I feel sorry for you as every day you have to decide whether to stick with the Koran or follow Australia's Christian based laws.

The Koran doesn't believe in tax collectors (or taking money off someone) even though Iran Merchants were one of the first to incorporate taxes in the world.

I think this is why we see so many Arabs, in particular the lebanese, showing complete disregard for Australian Laws. In particularly on the road.

If you think about it our road laws turned to revenue raising around the same time we started to accept muslim lebanese into this country in the early 80's.

I remember the days when doing 180km's an hour in Australia was the norm.

Your lawless and suspicious race created this mess. Don't get me wrong I understand that either you or your teachers (parents) have come from a country where you have to be decietful to survive and where loose lips will definately sink ships.
Grin

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:42am

Quote:

Seems like there may be a pretty good market for radar detector detector detectors.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:49am by Annie Anthrax »  

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print