Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print
"Global Cooling in the 70's" Myth (Read 17062 times)
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 4:44pm
 
Quote:
One of the forums other confusionalists said the same thing yesterday maybe boof is just copying them.



Oh I don't mind if he phones a friend - the blind leading the blind. Grin
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 5:07pm
 
muso wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 1:11pm:
Soren wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 11:06am:
 You will not be surprised that I am all for sensible alternative energy sources (not bio fueld because that takes away valuable agricultural areas from food production.)



Good.

We have some common ground then. Actually if you don't have a problem with switching to alternative energy sources, I don't see that we even have an argument, because a significant transition to alternative energy will fix the problem of CO2 pollution.  

It really doesn't matter if you don't grasp the concept of global warming as long as you support the same solution.

Some biofuel is extremely viable, especially Sweet Sorghum and Jatropha. Both of these can be grown in semi arid areas with very little agricultural value. The use of corn for ethanol in the USA is problematic. The use of rapeseed oil is not ideal for the reasons you cite.  


Well, it's 'all good', then, as the lower classes say.

Energy independence - I am all for it.
Clean and cheap and abundant sources of energy - yes please.
Climate change -  considering that it always changes, what's new.
Man-made climate change - hubristic and parochial (the two always go together), in my view.

The hoof is showing under some people's holy green cloaks - there is an indecent haste in the voice of some of the doomsayers who wish to destroy the western world's economy to make room for spinning wheels for hemp. In reality it is echo of the leftoid Big Brother alliance who were bollocked decisevely in 1989 when the Wall came down. They had to find another coalition building agenda to whiteant western economies. They have now regrouped around social activism under the green banner.





Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 5:14pm
 
Go google yourself some FACTS Bozo...  it doesn't take much.
I lived through it and the warming and the Dimming and the warming and ....   Cheesy
If you knew as much as you pretend to know you'd know I'm right.

ROTFLMAO
I've been backing alternate energy sources for decades Bozo...  ask Mozz, see if he remembers what I said on Cracker, don't ask that other idiot who follows you like a bad smell.  Just don't try to tell me we need to do it to control the weather.  Cheesy
Back to top
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2009 at 5:21pm by Grendel »  
 
IP Logged
 
skippy
Ex Member


Re: Plimer
Reply #18 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 8:32am
 
Grendel wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 5:14pm:
Go google yourself some FACTS Bozo...  it doesn't take much.
I lived through it and the warming and the Dimming and the warming and ....   Cheesy
If you knew as much as you pretend to know you'd know I'm right.

ROTFLMAO
I've been backing alternate energy sources for decades Bozo...  ask Mozz, see if he remembers what I said on Cracker, don't ask that other idiot who follows you like a bad smell.  Just don't try to tell me we need to do it to control the weather.  Cheesy

looks like you were right muso, no proof from boof just more abuse.

Quote:
In reality it is echo of the leftoid Big Brother alliance who were bollocked decisevely in 1989 when the Wall came down. They had to find another coalition building agenda to whiteant western economies.


Ha ha ha ,la la la la laaa . Roll Eyes
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #19 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 8:36am
 
why do you post such rot?

You irk me with your pathetic vendetta...  grow up.

The proof is there for anyone who actually wants to see it unlike the denialist that you are.

Google isn't hard to use
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
skippy
Ex Member


Re: Plimer
Reply #20 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 8:44am
 
Grendel wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 8:36am:
why do you post such rot?

You irk me with your pathetic vendetta...  grow up.

The proof is there for anyone who actually wants to see it unlike the denialist that you are.

Google isn't hard to use

You call my posts rot, I call your posts rot, I'm not going to stop exposing your lies, that's what these forums are about.
I suggest if you're not up to it you stop posting the lies, otherwise people like me will continue to expose your lies.
Now, where is your PROOF that muso is wrong,we don't want more of you rhetoric and abuse, we want facts, you got any?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Soren
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 25654
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #21 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 8:54am
 
Quote:
Quote:
In reality it is echo of the leftoid Big Brother alliance who were bollocked decisevely in 1989 when the Wall came down. They had to find another coalition building agenda to whiteant western economies.


Ha ha ha ,la la la la laaa . Roll Eyes



Your nervious giggling is giving you away, little red devil... And the hoof is definitely showing.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
skippy
Ex Member


Re: Plimer
Reply #22 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:04am
 
Soren wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 8:54am:
Quote:
Quote:
In reality it is echo of the leftoid Big Brother alliance who were bollocked decisevely in 1989 when the Wall came down. They had to find another coalition building agenda to whiteant western economies.


Ha ha ha ,la la la la laaa . Roll Eyes



Your nervious giggling is giving you away, little red devil... And the hoof is definitely showing.



No nervous giggling soren, I was laughing out aloud at your ridiculous post.
You looked under your bed this morning? I think I seen a couple of commies sneak into your joint.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
mozzaok
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 6741
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #23 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:33am
 
OK, I have seen an,Oil Crisis, A Peak Oil Crisis, A Nuclear Crisis, An Inflation Crisis, An Unemployment Crisis, A Constitutional Crisis, need I go on?

The thing is that the media had a field day with all of these, but the much vaunted Cooling Crisis, of the '70's, as falsely portrayed by the denialists, hardly was a pebble on a road full of speed humps, and certainly nothing like the current climate change issue, and it is the false misrepresentation of it as being in any way relevant in setting a precedent for our current situation is just not true.

Denialists are once more misrepresenting what actually happened, and are trying to impose their false reality as historical fact, and it just does not give them any greater credibility, just diminishes what very little they may have had.

Grendel, you scoff, and splutter invective, but always run a mile when challenged by someone like muso, to actually debate "FACTS", that is why I so often refer to you as the coward of the county.
For all your bluster, you do not ever have the gumption to seriously debate an issue like this with someone like muso, who you know can nullify your argument, yet you maintain your argument is sound, without having the guts to actually test it against someone you fear you cannot beat in a debate, with just facts.
Back to top
 

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #24 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:35am
 
Soren wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 5:07pm:
The hoof is showing under some people's holy green cloaks - there is an indecent haste in the voice of some of the doomsayers who wish to destroy the western world's economy to make room for spinning wheels for hemp. In reality it is echo of the leftoid Big Brother alliance who were bollocked decisevely in 1989 when the Wall came down. They had to find another coalition building agenda to whiteant western economies. They have now regrouped around social activism under the green banner.


Could be something in that. I don't have much respect for the 'feel good' deep greens. At one chemical plant where I worked as Environmental manager about 15 years ago, I actually did something radical. I invited Greenpeace to have a look at our operation and discuss how we were progressing in our clean production initiatives.
(These clean production initiatives actually saved us a considerable amount of money - they usually do. )

I was totally underwhelmed by the calibre of people they sent (what they call in the UK very anoraky). They kept talking about dioxins, while I made it clear that not only did our system not produce dioxins, but we had actually conducted tests in the (at that time) only lab in Australiasia that I trusted to do those tests.

One of them actually watered our garden by the office. (Not exactly house trained)  So I think you gather from this that I tend to regard the deep greens with a certain 'eeew' attitude.

As far as anthropogenic climate change itself is concerned, I have no doubts that the official line is correct. Much of it is basic science. However I don't regard myself as a socialist and I'm damned if I'm going to let a simple change of technology ruin our economy.

I've also seen the Rudd government's Department of Climate Change in operation, and a very sorry lot they are too. Something needs to be done about changing to renewable techniology as soon as possible, but I very much doubt if the Rudd government are up to the challenge. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #25 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:39am
 
Grendel wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 5:14pm:
Go google yourself some FACTS Bozo...  it doesn't take much.
I lived through it and the warming and the Dimming and the warming and ....   Cheesy
If you knew as much as you pretend to know you'd know I'm right.



Wise decision. When you're caught in a rip and being carried rapidly out of your depth, the easiest think to do is swim as strongly as you can in a perpendicular direction.

Your post was very perpendicular. Grin

You could have been more gracious I guess........nah!!!!!!!
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
Grendel
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 28080
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #26 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:40am
 
Good grief...  why don't you look for yourself Mozz...  why should I always have to go in search for you lot.

I lived through it so did you...  you seem to have been stoned during it.

It's a fact that it happened I'm not the only one mentioning it am I.

Bozo lied about what I said and deliberately misrepresented what was said.  Oh dear..  that's ok though.

I don't resile or deny the fact that something that happened happened.

You aren't going to find any Green sites still advocating it...  they were wrong its all been deleted.

I don't mind you guys having a different opinion to me.
But just cut the lying out ok.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #27 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:44am
 
Grendel wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:40am:
Bozo lied about what I said and deliberately misrepresented what was said.  Oh dear..  that's ok though.


No no. You did an admirable job of self-misrepresentation.

Quote:
I don't resile or deny the fact that something that happened happened.

You aren't going to find any Green.

I don't mind you guys having a different opinion to me.
But just cut the lying out ok.


No. You aren't going to find any Greenie that was talking about such an esoteric matter in the 70's either. I lived through the 70's too you know.  They were more concerned about DDT, leaded petrol and industrial pollution back in those days.

Want a life-belt or do you still want to phone a friend?  Grin
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
muso
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 13151
Gladstone, Queensland
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #28 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:46am
 
Quote:
You looked under your bed this morning? I think I seen a couple of commies sneak into your joint.


What are you saying here? Are you suggesting that he smokes commies?
Back to top
 

...
1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 
 
IP Logged
 
mozzaok
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 6741
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Plimer
Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:52am
 
Good Grief yourself, nobody says that some people put forward the fact that there had been cooloing, but there was NO Global Cooling Crisis, and misrepresenting the factss, to try and have people who were not around, into believing that there was, is promoting misinformation.

Trying to pretend it was just a fore runner for what denialists call the climate hysteria of today, is misrepresenting it as anything other than a small story, not widely known, even in it's day, that hardly anybody gave any credence to.

That is in no way comparable to the huge body of information that agrees with the facts on Global Warming, that the vast majority of scientists agree upon, a very rare thing in itself, and that virtually every government in the world is taking seriously.
Your cooling crisis may have got an opinion piece written about it in the chicago tribune of 1971, but there were no mass environmental movements, and most people in the world, never even heard of it, and that is about as different from what we see today as you could possibly get.
Back to top
 

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print