Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 42
Send Topic Print
Bible verses you like (Read 197033 times)
darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Bible verses you like
Reply #285 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 4:42pm

Yadda you KNOW what a monster your god is.

You've read the bible.

You've read what god commanded his followers to do.

You KNOW he's a monster but you dont want to BELIEVE it.

I understand that.

You have invested your whole life (and afterlife) in the belief of this gods justice , compassion , righteousness and sanity.

It would be INCREDIBLY hard for you to fight against your desire for your god to be a kind one , who will reward you for your belief and worship.

But you KNOW he's a monster yadda.

You KNOW IT.

You've read it but your mind is ignoring the monstrous bits and cherry picking the less monstrous bits.

Your god DEMANDED the genocide of whole populations of people (because they werent jewish).

You god rewarded insane , brutal monsters for doing insane brutal , monstrous things in HIS NAME.

You know this more than most christians because you've read it.

You are experiencing cognitive dissonance .

Come on.

Be honest.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #286 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 4:49pm

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. 
(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #287 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:00pm

Joshua

So Joshua defeated the whole land, the hill country and the Negeb and the lowland and the slopes, and all their kings; he left no one remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the God of Israel commanded.

(11:1-4) People of Hazor, Madon, Shimron, Achshaph, northern hill country, Arabah, Naphoth-dor, Canaanites in the east and the west, the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites and the Hivites unite against the Israelites.

(11:14) All the spoil of these towns, and the livestock, the Israelites took for their booty; but all the people they struck down with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them, and they did not leave any who breathed.

(11:20) For it was God’s doing to harden their hearts (the Canaanites) so that they would come against Israel in battle, in order that they might be utterly destroyed, and might receive no mercy, but be exterminated, just as God had commanded Moses.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #288 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:24am

darkhall67 wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 4:42pm:
Yadda you KNOW what a monster your god is.

You've read the bible.

You've read what god commanded his followers to do.

You KNOW he's a monster but you dont want to BELIEVE it.

I understand that.

You have invested your whole life (and afterlife) in the belief of this gods justice , compassion , righteousness and sanity.

It would be INCREDIBLY hard for you to fight against your desire for your god to be a kind one , who will reward you for your belief and worship.

But you KNOW he's a monster yadda.

You KNOW IT.

You've read it but your mind is ignoring the monstrous bits and cherry picking the less monstrous bits.

Your god DEMANDED the genocide of whole populations of people (because they werent jewish).

You god rewarded insane , brutal monsters for doing insane brutal , monstrous things in HIS NAME.

You know this more than most christians because you've read it.

You are experiencing cognitive dissonance .

Come on.

Be honest.

Be honest, yourself.

dark said.....
"Your god DEMANDED the genocide of whole populations of people (because they werent jewish)."

That is a lie.

The Joshua quotes ?

Yes, and ?

Joshua 11:10
And Joshua at that time turned back, and took Hazor, and smote the king thereof with the sword: for Hazor beforetime was the head of all those kingdoms.
11  And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire.
12  And all the cities of those kings, and all the kings of them, did Joshua take, and smote them with the edge of the sword, and he utterly destroyed them, as Moses the servant of the LORD commanded.

Yes, God is cruel and ruthless, isn't he ?
/sarc off

No.

He is not.

dark,

Clearly, you want to believe that God [your creator] is cruel and ruthless.

Believe whatever you will [believe what you want to believe].

Its OK.

We all do, [believe what we want to believe].

Again....

Proverbs 28:4
They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
5  Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

We can choose to be close to, and to 'tolerate' evil, or we can choose [to seek] to be close to God.

That choice is black and white.

It is a 'black and white' choice, because the vile and the holy [like light and darkness] cannot dwell together.

That is the lesson, the truth, which we will either accept, or choose to discard.

And if we discard and reject THAT truth, God will discard us.

Psalms 5:4
For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

dark,

Like so many, you have chosen, to hate the purity of God.

Like so many, you have chosen the darkness.

And you have chosen to curse God, who is righteous and just.

Because you hate the light.

Be honest.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #289 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:32am

You know that's nonsense.

You know that god is cruel.

You know that god demanded the extermination of men , women and children.

Don't play dumb.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #290 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:42am

darkhall67 wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:32am:
You know that's nonsense.

You know that god is cruel.

You know that god demanded the extermination of men , women and children.

Don't play dumb.

No, i don't.

No, i don't. [.....I know 1st hand, the exact opposite.]

No, God demanded the destruction of the wicked,   ....people who believed that they had a right to do whatever they wanted.

I'm not playing.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #291 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 12:57pm

Yes you are.

6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

2:11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
2:12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

21:34 And the LORD said unto Moses, Fear him not: for I have delivered him into thy hand, and all his people, and his land; and thou shalt do to him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon.      (21:34-35)

21:35 So they smote him, and his sons, and all his people, until there was none left him alive: and they possessed his land.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #292 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 12:59pm

BREAKING NEWS

God is not real and quoting/believing the bible is no different from a 5 year old who believes in fairy tales.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #293 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 1:27pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 4:49pm:
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. 
(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

which is one of the reasons I am not a jew.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #294 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 8:51am

I like the 11th Commandment.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #295 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 9:16am

John 13:34-35   - the 11th commandment:

Quote:
A new commandment I give unto you,

That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

IP Logged

Anneparker

Australian Politics

Reply #296 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 8:59pm

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and soul and all ill be added unto you!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #297 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 10:34pm

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.
Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.
For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.

Romans 8:1-14.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #298 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 10:08am

Quote:
God Will Kill Ethiopia 

"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD.  And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist.  He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert.  The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle.  All sorts of wild animals will settle there.  Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows.  Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather.  This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure.  "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted.  But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live!  Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist.   (Zephaniah 2:12-15 NLT)

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #299 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 11:48am

Psalm 137:9

Always a favourite

Quote:
Blessed is the one who grabs your little children and smashes them against a rock.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 42
Send Topic Print