Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 42
Send Topic Print
Bible verses you like (Read 197035 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Bible verses you like
Reply #255 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 4:52pm

PoliticalPuppet,  re post #253,

You know nothing.

Posting all of those OT quotes, you are merely displaying your ignorance,
.......for everyone to see.

All of those punishments are directed against Hebrews, exclusively.

Against Hebrews covenant breakers.

Numbers 30:2
If a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

The Hebrew people were 'in-covenant', with their God.

"...And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do...."
Exodus 19:5-8

Leviticus 20:24
...I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Deuteronomy 7:6
For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

PoliticalPuppet,

Go and read your Bible, and stop being such an ignorant, twisted, git.

Jeremiah 31:31
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #256 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 7:23pm

Nobody in history fits the description of the Comforter except Muhammed:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will sent him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment [who has laid down the law of God since Jesus except for muhammed?]. ... I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. How be it when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak [the Quran].. and he will show  you things to come [the many prophecies foretold by Prophet Muhammed]. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.
(John 16:7-14)

The fact is that before Jesus, Moses had also foretold of a great prophet in clear and precise words. When Moses went to Mount Horeb under the command of God he addressed the Israelites saying:

The Lord thy God will raise unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren [the Arabs], like unto me [a law giver], unto him ye shall hearken. (Deuteronomy 18:15)

And again, God's words to Moses:

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren [the Arabs], like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth  and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him [the Quran]. And it shall come to pass that, whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
(Deuteronomy 18:18-19)

That he was to be a Law-giver and not an ordinary Prophet is obvious from the words "like unto Moses", since Moses was also a Law-giver. The promulgation of "a new Law" means the initiation of a new movement, a new nation. A prophet with a new Law is obviously no ordinary teacher or reformer. He has to present a comprehensive teaching, incorporating fundamental principles as well as detailed rules.

Was Jesus such a prophet? Was he a Law-giver? Did he bring a new Law into the world to replace an old one? The answer, in his  own words:

Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto You, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the Law, till all be fulfilled.
(Matthew 5:17-18)

Thus Jesus denied being either John the Baptist or Elias or one of the prophets. Muhammad was proclaimed as not only a prophet but also as "like unto Moses," when the Quran said:

Verily We have sent to you a Messenger [Muhammed], who is a witness over you, even as we sent a Messenger [Moses] to Pharaoh.
(The Holy Quran 73:16)

The prophecies of the Bible had even led its followers to that part of the world where the great Prophet was to appear. Thus it was said:

And he said, the Lord came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; and shined forth from Mount Paran and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. (Deuteronomy 33:2)

In this verse Moses is promised three manifestations of the glory of God. The first of these appeared on Sinai in the time of Moses. Time passed. The second manifestation promised in the prophecy was to take place at Seir, a part of the world near where the miracles of Jesus took place. "Rising up from Seir," therefore, meant the advent of Jesus.

The third manifestation of divine glory was to take its rise from Paran, and Paran (Arabic Faran) is the name of the hills which lie between Mecca, the birth place of Muhammad, and Medina, the town where he died. According to the Old Testament, Ishmael, the ancestor of Muhammad, lived in this part. Thus we have in the Bible:

And God was with the lad (Ishmael): and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. And he dwelt in the wilderness of Paran. (Genesis 21:20-21)

Historical and geographical evidence shows that the descendents of Abraham lived in Arabia. All of them held Mecca and Kaaba, the house of worship built by Abraham, in great reverence. His son Ishmael first settled in Mecca. Genesis gives the names of twelve sons of Ishmael including two named Tema and Kedar. (Genesis 25:13-16) This is further supported by the testimony of Isaiah where we read:

The burden of Arabia. In the forest of Arabia shall ye lodge, O ye traveling companies of Dedanim.The inhabitants of the land of Tema brought water to him that was thirsty, they provided with their bread him that fled. For they fled from the swords, from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war. For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Within a year, according to the years of an hireling, and all the glory of Kedar shall fail: And the residue of the number of archers, the mighty men of the children of Kedar, shall be diminished: for the Lord God of Israel hath spoken it. (Isaiah 21:13-16)

This prophetic passage is a picture of the Battle of Badr  which took place about a year after the Holy Prophet's migration from Mecca to Medina. In this battle the sons of Kedar , the people of Mecca and the territories around, unable to withstand the fierceness of Muslim swordsmen and archers, sustained disastrous defeat. God made a handful of men, poorly armed and without provisions, the means of inflicting this humiliation on an army led by experienced generals.

The battles with the Meccans continued against heavy odds until such time that the Prophet Muhammad entered Mecca after a struggle of several years. This was the time when ten thousands of saints accompanied him. The Holy Prophet declared that the message of God had been completed in the form of the Holy Quran. Thus the prophecy of Moses was fulfilled that the Lord would shine forth from Paran with ten thousands of saints, with a fiery Law in his right hand. Thus also the prophecy of Jesus was fulfilled that the spirit of Truth "will guide you into all truth." His fiery Law, the Holy Quran, consumed all impurities of flesh and turned the grossest hearts into pure gold.

Could Jesus have fulfilled this wonderful prophecy? He did not rise from Paran. He had only twelve disciples and not ten thousand saints. Isaiah had spoken of one that fled; the flight of Muhammad is such an important part of Muslim history that the Islamic calendar starts from the very year of migration.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2012 at 7:30pm by falah »  

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #257 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 7:27pm

How am I displaying my ignroance, your god.. you know the big guy said it.
Quote:
All of those punishments are directed against Hebrews, exclusively.
Oh well that makes it perfectly ok then..

I'm sorry but what you have said does not prove it was only for hebrews..

All you did was post some hardly relevant quotes and tried to say they mean something they dont even say.

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #258 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:23pm

falah.....
Quote:

falah,

If you and moslems, want to believe that Mohammed was a prophet of God, be my guest.

Believe what you will.

We all do.

God says that those who have
'pleasure in unrighteousness'
, will reject God's truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:9
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #259 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:18pm

Yadda wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:23pm:
falah.....
Quote:

falah,

If you and moslems, want to believe that Mohammed was a prophet of God, be my guest.

Believe what you will.

We all do.

God says that those who have
'pleasure in unrighteousness'
, will reject God's truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:9
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12  That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

You are just describing yourself Yadda, and all the others who are blindly following Paul the Deceiver on their blasphemous path to Hell.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #260 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 7:45am

the kingdom to heaven is within

namaste

-:)

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #261 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 7:47am

ou are just describing yourself Yadda, and all the others who are blindly following Paul the Deceiver on their blasphemous path to Hell.

_________

i would be not so quick to judge

i do observe with forgiveness

for all are one

namaste

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #262 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 7:49am

i will say islam,judaism cristianity catholocism

all extrapolate from abrahamic religion

they all identify the one/same god

i observe all as sacred and divine with freewill

namaste

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #263 - Mar 3rd, 2012 at 6:47pm

John 14:6
Quote:
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me

This means that the Muslims are wrong about Mohammad.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #264 - Mar 3rd, 2012 at 7:11pm

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #265 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 12:23am

Bobby. wrote on Mar 3rd, 2012 at 6:47pm:
Quote:
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me

No. It just means that the Bible has been corrupted. Let's face it, the church had a difficult time even deciding which books were really accurate enough to put in the Bible weren't they. In the end, the Trinitarians took over the Roman Empire, but there was no consensus on the issue for the three centuries before the council of Nicea in 325. No consensus on doctrine nor books.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #266 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 12:22pm

yes the vatican has corrupted the holy bible

old testament

which talks about aliens angels and demons

the new testament is a distorted omitted

account of the original whose name does not

changeth

namaste

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #267 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 2:27pm

falah wrote on Mar 4th, 2012 at 12:23am:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 3rd, 2012 at 6:47pm:
Quote:

No. It just means that the Bible has been corrupted. Let's face it, the church had a difficult time even deciding which books were really accurate enough to put in the Bible weren't they. In the end, the Trinitarians took over the Roman Empire, but there was no consensus on the issue for the three centuries before the council of Nicea in 325. No consensus on doctrine nor books.

The Bible says somewhere that no man is allowed to change even one word of it.
So - you're wrong.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #268 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 7:44am

Quote:
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.
And be thankful.
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

Colossians 3:15-16

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #269 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:51am

Genesis 38:9 (King James Version)

"And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother"
i
Dorothy Parker named her pet canary Onan.
When asked why, she said, “Because he spills his seed upon the ground.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Parker

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 42
Send Topic Print