Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Australian state to start online court hearings (Read 896 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Australian state to start online court hearings
Feb 3rd, 2008 at 1:26pm

Australian state to start online court hearings: minister

http://news.smh.com.au/australian-state-to-start-online-court-hearings-minister/20080203-1psm.html

Some court cases will soon be heard online in Australia, with judges receiving lawyers' arguments by email, a state minister said Sunday.

The system, known as JusticeLink, is to be rolled out in courts across Australia's largest state over the next 12 months, New South Wales state Attorney General John Hatzistergos said.

Prosecutors and defence lawyers will log in to a bulletin board and type their arguments, which would then be sent to the judge by email. The judge would make orders in real time.

"While the time-honoured traditions of our legal system will remain intact, JusticeLink will streamline the process, saving millions of US dollars in costs and countless hours spent in the courtroom," Hatzistergos said.

The system will not be used for committal proceedings and trials, which will still be conducted in person, but for more preliminary procedural hearings, including such matters as bail applications.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

dee(Guest)

Re: Australian state to start online court hearing
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 6:51am

Hmm, I would not like this option. There could be mistakes  plus computers are not 100% reliable. Although I can see the benefits esp. in the 'outback' so to speak.

Fd, good greywater tips although I don't think its too hazardous, not for consuming. I think soap in the
water is to bad. There are bio degradable soaps now or natural stuff to use.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Australian state to start online court hearing
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2008 at 10:43am

I've had a quick look for greywater safe soaps. There are plenty for the kitchen sink, but not body soap, shampoo etc.

I've got a tank now, so there is no shortage of water, but I'll probably still elave the greywater system in.

Do you mind if I splice this into a new thread and link it from the article?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print