Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clean Up Aust pushes drink cans refund (Read 663 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Clean Up Aust pushes drink cans refund
Feb 3rd, 2008 at 1:24pm

http://news.smh.com.au/clean-up-aust-pushes-drink-cans-refund/20080203-1pso.html

Clean Up Australia is urging the federal government to introduce a national drinks container refund scheme like the one that operates in South Australia.

Chairman Ian Kiernan on Sunday said an incredible 40 per cent of all rubbish found on Clean Up Australia Day last year was used drink bottles and cans.

The organisation's annual rubbish report, released on Sunday, shows South Australia recycles 90 per cent of drink containers while the other states' average was 38 per cent.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Re: Clean Up Aust pushes drink cans refund
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 2:32pm

I wonder if there is a way to recycle cigarette buts?

Maybe for insulation or something: How many birds would that kill with the one stone?

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Clean Up Aust pushes drink cans refund
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2008 at 5:27pm

Unless they ban cigarettes altogether - they will never get rid of the butts. 

I heard something on the radio about bringing in glass bottles again with a refund if you return them.  It used to work well, but most people are too busy to bother with collecting and returning a couple of bottles, although it could be a good money earner for someone who didn't mind collecting them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print