Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Faith most people have. (Read 3341 times)
Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

The Faith most people have.
Apr 29th, 2007 at 9:34pm

Most people have faith.

They have faith the doctor is going to be beneficial for them.
Even though they can't read the prescription. They hardly even look at it anyway.
We take the pills/liquid from the pharmacist entirely believing they will help us.

We have faith that police will help us in need. That judges are just.
That the voting system is not completely entirely rigged.

Many years ago, buying shares was done over the phone.  There was no identification checking.
I would ring up a complete stranger. We have never met before , had not known each other through a 3rd party, nor would we ever meet.
We would have a nice business chat, he would buy stock on my behalf and send a bill out to me for the cost of them. With complete faith it was a bone fida address, I lived there and even I would pay for it !!
Some business people will not sign a contract. Their word is their contract.
Their businesses are run purely on faith. They are the best ones ot deal with, by far.

We have faith on what school will teach our kids. On what is in the takeaway meal, on that the traffic lights are working correctly, that the other driver will obey them !

Faith that reviews of goods and services are true and accurate, that the goods in the shop are within their use by date or made to standards and specificatins required.

There is almost not an area where faith is taken for granted.

Faith is one of those old fashioned words that enables our life to be what it is.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

maille
Ex Member

Re: The Faith most people have.
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 1:03am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 29th, 2007 at 9:34pm:
Most people have faith.

They have faith the doctor is going to be beneficial for them.
Even though they can't read the prescription. They hardly even look at it anyway.
We take the pills/liquid from the pharmacist entirely believing they will help us.

We have faith that police will help us in need. That judges are just.
That the voting system is not completely entirely rigged.

Many years ago, buying shares was done over the phone.  There was no identification checking.
I would ring up a complete stranger. We have never met before , had not known each other through a 3rd party, nor would we ever meet.
We would have a nice business chat, he would buy stock on my behalf and send a bill out to me for the cost of them. With complete faith it was a bone fida address, I lived there and even I would pay for it !!
Some business people will not sign a contract. Their word is their contract.
Their businesses are run purely on faith. They are the best ones ot deal with, by far.

We have faith on what school will teach our kids. On what is in the takeaway meal, on that the traffic lights are working correctly, that the other driver will obey them !

Faith that reviews of goods and services are true and accurate, that the goods in the shop are within their use by date or made to standards and specificatins required.

There is almost not an area where faith is taken for granted.

Faith is one of those old fashioned words that enables our life to be what it is.

Sprint,

to have faith-is a big ask isnt it? especially when you said faith in the other driver-now thats one i have a lot of trouble with. The other driver.

I dont eat out at restaurants anymore because I dont have faith in what  actually happens to my food when I cant see its preparation etc.

It is a big ask.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 1:28pm

The business people not signing a contract is an interesting one. Wouldn't they get taken advantage of on a regular basis? That is basically trusting other people with your money.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 1:48pm

When I first heard that I was surprised also.

Sure, they may be taken advantage of. But only once by any one person.

Possibly it works on the idea that any business should benefit all parties at all times.
It is meant to be a mutual agreement. Business is meant to be a win/win situation.
A handshake is trust and promotes "looking after the other business person." 
Conditions, outcomes and details can be varied as things arise during the deal.
Such a person I would always deal with again.

Someone who is going to befuddle me with legalese, threaten with lawyers, etc etc etc, I will not deal with again.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 1:52pm

Can you give some examples of such a person? I would imagine it could only work in an industry with small regular 'contracts' with the same people. Often you need to have everything written down just to get the details agreed on.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print