Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Free Palestine would be a Taliban state (Read 297 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Free Palestine would be a Taliban state
May 19th, 2024 at 9:41pm

Quote:
Free Palestine would be a Taliban state

Writer Salman Rushdie

No writer in the world is as threatened as Salman Rushdie (76) – and has been for over three and a half decades! In 1988, Iran's leader Ayatollah Khomeini (1902-1989) issued a Sharia-based death fatwa against the British-Indian author for allegedly insulting Islam with his book "The Satanic Verses".
Since then, Rushdie has no longer been able to live freely and has to expect to be attacked by Islamists anywhere in the world. In 2022, that's exactly what happened: A 24-year-old jihadist attacked him with a knife in the USA, gouging out his right eye. Rushdie barely survived. In Berlin, he has now presented his book "Knife", which was published in April by Penguin Verlag and in which he deals with the attempted murder in literature.

"I think the demonstrators could also mention Hamas"

"The fact is that any normal person can only be shocked by what is happening in Gaza right now, by the extent of innocent deaths," Rushdie says very clearly. And adds what bothers him: "But I think the demonstrators could also mention Hamas. Because it all started with them. And Hamas is a terrorist organization. And it's funny that a young progressive student policy supports a fascist terrorist group, because that's what they do in a way."

"They demand free palestine. I have been in favor of a Palestinian state for most of my life," Rushdie explains.
"But if there was a Palestinian state now, it would be run by Hamas and we would have a Taliban-like state. A satellite state of Iran. Is this what the progressive movements of the Western left want to create?"

The writer states: "There are not many deep thoughts about this, but above all an emotional reaction to the dead in Gaza. It is ok. But when it slides into anti-Semitism and sometimes even into support for Hamas, then it becomes problematic."

https://www.bild.de/politik/salman-rushdie-in-berlin-free-palestine-waere-ein-ta...

The Hamas covenant has a lot in common with the Taliban and Islamic state.

Do the leftists want to create another Islamic shithole by supporting Hamas?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Free Palestine would be a Taliban state
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2024 at 11:35pm

It is sad.

We have as a witness to us......
the whole of the M.E. with their   >> cruel <<   ISLAMIC [Sharia] directed legal systems,
openly 'on show', to much of the 1st world.

Yet the HIVE MIND, LEFTIST, WOKE cadres in our 1st world nations,
can never be motivated,
to protest about how persons from minority groups,
are being persecuted and murdered,
by state [Sharia 'lawful'] institutions, in those nations.

To do so could be criticised as being 'racist', or xenophobic, against all of the innocent followers of ISLAM.

Sad.

It is human madness.

This world is full of darkness.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/

https://www.jihadwatch.org/category/jihadist-intimidation-and-thuggery

https://www.jihadwatch.org/category/sharia

PLUS.......
TheReligionofPeace
[lots of updated information on ISLAMIC violence worldwide]
https://thereligionofpeace.com/

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2024 at 12:17pm

These protests are not about realities but about emotions and fantasies of a mob. They are about doing something for themselves, for their own psychological wounds, not achieving something actual, concrete, good outside themselves.
Today it is passionate support for a terrorist organisation by sleeping in tents and shouting at people,  yesterday it was gluing themselves to the road against oil or throwing soup at paintings to appease Gaia.
A thousand years ago it was about the millennial end of the world, 500 years ago it was about witches or the human sacrifice for the Sun god.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - May 20th, 2024 at 1:00pm

The Palestinians were free to elect whoever they wanted. They elected Hamas in the Gaza strip, and continued to support them through several pointless wars that Hamas started. They are as committed to slaughtering Jews as they ever were.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 3:11pm

freediver wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 1:00pm:
The Palestinians were free to elect whoever they wanted. They elected Hamas in the Gaza strip, and continued to support them through several pointless wars that Hamas started. They are as committed to slaughtering Jews as they ever were.

Israelis are even more free to elect whoever they want. They continually elect a government that dispossesses Palestinians from their land, violate their basic human rights and thwart the creation of a viable Palestinian state. They are as committed to this same course of action as they ever were.

No one should be shocked if 'commitment to slaughtering jews' emerges from this situation.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 3:25pm

Quote:
and thwart the creation of a viable Palestinian state

No. That is the Palestinians doing that. No-one else is stopping them.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 4:03pm

Please do tell how a population under a literal siege by a nuclear armed military superpower "thwarts" the creation of their own state. Actually, don't bother. I'm bored of this discussion already.

Also, its not like the Palestinians in the west bank are doing anything wrong - and for their efforts the settlements and land confiscation merrily continues there at record pace - by that same nuclear armed military superpower.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 5:00pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 11th, 2024 at 3:11pm:
freediver wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 1:00pm:

Israelis are even more free to elect whoever they want. They continually elect a government that dispossesses Palestinians from their land, violate their basic human rights and thwart the creation of a viable Palestinian state. They are as committed to this same course of action as they ever were.

No one should be shocked if 'commitment to slaughtering jews' emerges from this situation.

The 'commitment to slaughtering Jews emerged' the day Israel was created.

Or even before.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 5:41pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 11th, 2024 at 4:03pm:
Please do tell how a population under a literal siege by a nuclear armed military superpower "thwarts" the creation of their own state. Actually, don't bother. I'm bored of this discussion already.

Also, its not like the Palestinians in the west bank are doing anything wrong - and for their efforts the settlements and land confiscation merrily continues there at record pace - by that same nuclear armed military superpower.

They thwart the creation of their own state simply by not bothering to create a functioning state. Think of all the things that Hamas could have done for the people of Gaza that would have been more "functional" than starting the latest war.

Oops, it turns out they do have a state, according to wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

What do you think would happen if Hamas and Fatah ended up in the same room together? They would either slaughter each other or hatch a new plan to wipe out the Jews. They probably don't even have a word for functioning state.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 5:45pm

freediver wrote on Jun 11th, 2024 at 5:41pm:
They probably don't even have a word for functioning state.

Oh, they do, they do.

Ummah.

Ummah, Ummah,
Stick it up yer
Jumpah.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2024 at 10:31pm

Quote:
They thwart the creation of their own state simply by not bothering to create a functioning state

They have never been allowed to become a functioning state. Israel would never allow it. They can control unarmed peasants  but if Palestine was allowed to prosper and match Israel with arms and technology,  the Jews would see that as a threat to them. Nothing happens in Palestine without Israel's permission.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Jun 12th, 2024 at 8:12am

John Smith wrote on Jun 11th, 2024 at 10:31pm:
Quote:
They thwart the creation of their own state simply by not bothering to create a functioning state

They have never been allowed to become a functioning state. Israel would never allow it. They can control unarmed peasants  but if Palestine was allowed to prosper and match Israel with arms and technology,  the Jews would see that as a threat to them. Nothing happens in Palestine without Israel's permission. 

Those cunning Jews eh? Forcing the Muslims to try to wipe them out constantly.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2024 at 9:40am

freediver wrote on Jun 11th, 2024 at 5:41pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 11th, 2024 at 4:03pm:

They thwart the creation of their own state simply by not bothering to create a functioning state. Think of all the things that Hamas could have done for the people of Gaza that would have been more "functional" than starting the latest war.

Oops, it turns out they do have a state, according to wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

What do you think would happen if Hamas and Fatah ended up in the same room together? They would either slaughter each other or hatch a new plan to wipe out the Jews. They probably don't even have a word for functioning state.

The state Palestinians have is a state of imprisonment and death from murderous, rampaging Israeli Jewish terrorists.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print