Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Put Dental Into Medicare And Bulk-Billing (Read 1988 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Put Dental Into Medicare And Bulk-Billing
Reply #60 - May 21st, 2024 at 8:19pm

Frank wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 2:55pm:
John Smith wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 2:10pm:
Dentistry in this country is a ripp off. I've just been quoted $9k for my 14yr old to get his teeth fixed. 
He brushes his teeth twice daily and no, he doesn't binge on junk food nor does he have tats, despite what horseboy tells himself.

Whilst I'm not overly concerned as I'm in a position where I can pay for it, others cannot.

There's a reason why pensioners are traveling to Thailand and Turkey to get their teeth fixed.

There is a good argument for semi-compulsory dental reviews and care for children and teenagers until about age 18 or 20 or so. Including orthodontic care, with some means testing.

After the first two decades of life, however,  people should be able take care of their teeth.

That'll work.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - May 21st, 2024 at 8:23pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 2:35pm:
John Smith wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 2:10pm:
Dentistry in this country is a ripp off. I've just been quoted $9k for my 14yr old to get his teeth fixed. 
He brushes his teeth twice daily and no, he doesn't binge on junk food nor does he have tats, despite what horseboy tells himself.

Whilst I'm not overly concerned as I'm in a position where I can pay for it, others cannot.

There's a reason why pensioners are traveling to Thailand and Turkey to get their teeth fixed.

I wouldn't recommend that   Sad

I'm not so sure.  They're much better than they used to be.  Just find one trained here or in the UK.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - May 21st, 2024 at 9:05pm

The old Soviet sattelites, now in the EU, have world standard dental and medical facilities, and skill at half price.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #63 - May 21st, 2024 at 10:23pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 7:11pm:
Ideally, yes.

But I said: "If at any time you don't have access to a toothbrush & paste".

For example, you get lucky at the pub and spend the night at a stranger's house.

You probably don't want to use their toothbrush, but you can quite safely use their dental floss and water.

Ideally, you brush twice a day.  I was just offering an alternative if a brush isn't available.

Ideally, if you were getting lucky at the pub and spend the night at the stranger's house, are you going to spend that evening flossing away for 5 minutes with a packet of floss you brought along with you and then whip out a small bottle of mouthwash? If you brought those conspicuous items along, why not a toothbrush and toothpaste to put in your carry bag?

Your initial scenario was that if you are out of a toothbrush and toothpaste, use dental floss and mouthwash. At what point do you run out of toothpaste that you did not have another toothpaste packet awaiting to be opened for at least the previous week's grocery shop? "Oops, I have run out of toothpaste. Better start using my dental floss". ??? Even at a poorly planned grocery shop of not getting replacement toothpaste, I would be using the handle of the toothbrush to squeeze the remainder of the toothpaste out of the near empty tube of toothpaste. And then I would make the trip to a nearby 24 hour service station to buy another packet of toothpaste to last me until my next grocery shop.

Btw, did you notice that people said not to use mouthwash, as it destroys the mouth's biome? If you were to get lucky, you would not use mouthwash also because it lessens the likelihood of getting a strong erection. The nitric oxide helps with vasodilation. You want a stronger erection, don't destroy the bacteria that helps produce nitric oxide.

Source: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-to-increase-nitric-oxide#limit-mouthwas...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - May 21st, 2024 at 10:28pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 10:23pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 7:11pm:
Ideally, yes.

But I said: "If at any time you don't have access to a toothbrush & paste".

For example, you get lucky at the pub and spend the night at a stranger's house.

You probably don't want to use their toothbrush, but you can quite safely use their dental floss and water.

Ideally, you brush twice a day.  I was just offering an alternative if a brush isn't available.

Ideally, if you were getting lucky at the pub and spend the night at the stranger's house, are you going to spend that evening flossing away for 5 minutes with a packet of floss you brought along with you and then whip out a small bottle of mouthwash? If you brought those conspicuous items along, why not a toothbrush and toothpaste to put in your carry bag?

FFS   Roll Eyes

You'd bring nothing with you.

You'd borrow 300mm of dental floss from the bathroom cabinet and then rinse with the water from the tap.

It was just an example of what to do when no toothbrush is available.

Nobody goes to the pub with a bag containing a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash.

I swear you're trolling at times   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #65 - May 21st, 2024 at 10:37pm

Frank wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 7:21pm:
The thing about brushing is about
On/under the gum line - tilt your brush
Between the teeth

A toothbrush doesn't  do a good enough job between the teeth where most of the festering happens. I am amazed how much brushing DOESN'T get but flossing/pikster does.

Today's word: interdental.

Yes, I am well aware of the way we need to look after our teeth by brushing a certain way. I have checked my teeth often after brushing. Sometimes, I have another go a detail brushing certain parts of the mouth so that there is not orange-brown staining of the incisors. Then I try to look at the back teeth as far as I can pull the mouth back, to see if the back teeth are discoloured that I might have to spend 5 minutes brushing just one section of the mouth to try and revive a healthy colour. For the rest, flossing/piksters helps clear up any build up of plaque. On a few occasions, I managed to remove small chunks of the tartar (or whatever the term for it is called). Most of it is removed yearly with dentician intervention.

Last year, my dentist told me that the best way of brushing your teeth is to not wash your mouth out after brushing your teeth. She said the toothpaste helps remineralise your teeth.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #66 - May 21st, 2024 at 11:04pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 10:28pm:
FFS   Roll Eyes

You'd bring nothing with you.

You'd borrow 300mm of dental floss from the bathroom cabinet and then rinse with the water from the tap.

It was just an example of what to do when no toothbrush is available.

Nobody goes to the pub with a bag containing a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash.

I swear you're trolling at times   Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin

You said nothing about getting lucky in your first post about this. But, still... in this altered scenario, are you seriously believing that you need to be flossing your teeth after attending a pub, nightclub, cinema where you have hooked up with a date? How successful will your teeth cleaning be after having a pub meal and drinks. You might well be burping up your meal and drinks a few times after you return to your partner's place?

"Could you excuse me whilst I go to the toilet?"
*toilet flushing 3 minutes earlier and you are in the bathroom washing the blood out of your mouth from a serious flossing session*
"Honey, are you alright? You have been splashing water for a few minutes".

You might as well just "Omnomnomnom" each other without brushing or flossing. And if you are willing to do that, you might as well borrow their toothbrush and toothpaste for a quick once over.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #67 - May 22nd, 2024 at 8:37pm

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - May 22nd, 2024 at 11:18pm

Dentist are all ready buying up farms to subdivide into villa’s on the back this thread alone!

Let the rorts begin!!!

The investigation claims approximately 30% of Medicare's annual $28 billion budget is being wasted by Australia's doctors, based on estimates from lawyer and researcher Dr Margaret Faux which have been supported by former Professional Services Review (PSR) head Dr Tony Webber.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #69 - May 23rd, 2024 at 12:32am

Daves2017 wrote on May 22nd, 2024 at 11:18pm:
Dentist are all ready buying up farms to subdivide into villa’s on the back this thread alone!

Let the rorts begin!!!

The investigation claims approximately 30% of Medicare's annual $28 billion budget is being wasted by Australia's doctors, based on estimates from lawyer and researcher Dr Margaret Faux which have been supported by former Professional Services Review (PSR) head Dr Tony Webber.

Jeez - I hope 30% of my treatments are wasted.... better to be safe than sad, eh?  What would you all do without me?

What a great name - Margaret FAUX ..... sort of like my comment on the winning painting at the art gallery - would look terrific on a railway station wall somewhere on La Rive Gauche ..... such an artist could and should be hung anywhere ....  no wonder they hate me... then there was the intro to the Deputy Lady Mayor and my saying to her that there was no need to apologise in front of everyone (she's actually quite nice)...  I AM a conscientious bastard ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - May 23rd, 2024 at 10:44am

greggerypeccary wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 6:53pm:
aquascoot wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 6:15pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 4:39pm:
JC Denton wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 2:45pm:
brush ya teef more

And floss & rinse.

If at any time you don't have access to a toothbrush & paste, just floss & rinse - it does wonders!

Since I've been flossing and rinsing with water twice a day, my dentist isn't getting any work from me.

[url]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71AcKiTLBuL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.
jpg[/url]

My routine is: 1) floss, 2) rinse with water, 3) brush, 4) rinse with water, and then 5) rinse with mouthwash.   Twice a day.

never use mouthwash

it destroys your micro biome

Okay, I looked into this.

He really has nothing to back up his claims.

Multiple Google searches suggest he's just a podcaster out to make money.

"Fake! He takes studies and blow them out of proportion. His academic credentials are often not in line with his topics. It’s like when chiropractors like to play the role of nutritionists. - You get the wrong impression that he is an authority. He is not! - He is cherry-picking studies or partial results from within a study and then hype the heck out of it."

I actually have an appointment with my dentist tomorrow, for a checkup, so I'm gonna ask him about mouthwashes.

Had my checkup yesterday - all good.

Asked my dentist about mouthwash.

His reply: "Don't believe everything you see on the internet".

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #71 - May 23rd, 2024 at 9:20pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 23rd, 2024 at 10:44am:
Had my checkup yesterday - all good.

Asked my dentist about mouthwash.

His reply: "Don't believe everything you see on the internet".

What was the question that got you that answer?

IP Logged

Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - May 23rd, 2024 at 10:24pm

I asked my dentist about mouthwash as well and he said don’t waste my money.

Brush properly and rinse properly with tap water is fine.

He explained he sees many people who believe just using mouthwash is a perfectly ok alternative to brushing your teeth.

We need bring back dental care education in schools.
I appreciate dentists will lobby against it as , it ruins their business!

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #73 - May 23rd, 2024 at 11:00pm

Daves2017 wrote on May 23rd, 2024 at 10:24pm:

We had the dentist at schools in primary school. Our teeth still fell out. Educating children on dental hygiene will not stop the need for dentists. They already have a backlog of people on waiting lists for dental treatment.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - May 24th, 2024 at 10:36am

Daves2017 wrote on May 23rd, 2024 at 10:24pm:

From my own personal experience, dentists aren't out to create more business for themselves by objecting to education or preventative actions.

There's good and bad in every industry, but I've found dentists to be mainly good.

https://www.dentalfoundation.org.au/programs/my-school-dentist-program/

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print