Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Put Dental Into Medicare And Bulk-Billing (Read 1757 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Put Dental Into Medicare And Bulk-Billing
Reply #30 - May 20th, 2024 at 7:02pm

Quote:
Well, at least I didn't retire and spend all of my super on a big overseas holiday then apply for the age pension like one of my neighbours did some years ago.

When she told me about it I said "well done".

Mind you, I might have done the same thing if I didn't have my elderly aunt to look after as well as having a few medical issues of my own to deal with over the last few years.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 20th, 2024 at 7:02pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 6:55pm:
Frank wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 6:41pm:
Carl D wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 5:57pm:
aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 4:56pm:
well done , you say.

maybe the young people paying more tax to fund the pension of the entitled retirees might quit their jobs at the nursing home and go surfing

as you lie in a soiled bed and no one answers your buzzer, you can reflect on the "I'm alright jack" attitude of the entitled.

to the young i would say "well done for going surfing" , why waste your time helping the elderly when they are self interested dicks

Perhaps I might actually start to give a damn if the pollies had to play by the same rules that the rest of us have to.

For example, I've downloaded the Claim for Age Pension and Pension Bonus (SA002) form from Centrelink the other day and it's 28 pages long with 94 questions to answer (not all of them apply to me thank goodness).

I will be doing the application online through my myGov account in a few months time but in the meantime I might print the form out and fill it in then copy it over to my online application when the time comes, seems easier that way.

In addition, there is also an Income and assets (SA369) form to fill in which is 18 pages long with 60 questions to answer (again, not all of them apply to me. And again - thank goodness).

This Income and assets form is actually quite hilarious (well, it would be if it wasn't for the fact they're serious about it) because they want to know about everything you own and how much you think it's all worth - car, TV, computers, etc., etc. WTF has all that got to do with getting the age pension?

I wonder if Mark "Sneakers" McGowan had to fill in these forms before he got his $275,000 a year taxpayer funded pension after he retired "exhausted" from politics last year? Yeah, right.

And doesn't Centrelink have anything to say about the fact that he's also working in 4 part time private sector jobs while he's getting his big, fat taxpayer funded pension? Just imagine if Joe or Jane Average tried to do something like that... heck, they'd have Centrelink hounding them non stop if they started earning $10 a week over what their 'rules' say they're allowed to have.

And McGowan is just the 'tip of the iceberg', all of the pollies have been doing/are still doing the same thing.

So, as I said, until the pollies have to play by the same 'rules' as the rest of us I really couldn't care less about getting my age pension as soon as I'm eligible (and I had to wait 2 years longer to get it than I should have had to after the pollies put the pension age up to 67).

So you are excusing yourself by pretending that you are diddling the pollies, not your fellow tax payers.

What IS it with people in Perth? The chips on your parochial shoulders are enormous.

Diddling?   How?   Undecided

cant you read   Undecided Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 20th, 2024 at 7:04pm

aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 7:02pm:
well done , you say.

maybe the young people paying more tax to fund the pension of the entitled retirees might quit their jobs at the nursing home and go surfing

as you lie in a soiled bed and no one answers your buzzer, you can reflect on the "I'm alright jack" attitude of the entitled.

to the young i would say "well done for going surfing" , why waste your time helping the elderly when they are self interested dicks

Perhaps I might actually start to give a damn if the pollies had to play by the same rules that the rest of us have to.

For example, I've downloaded the Claim for Age Pension and Pension Bonus (SA002) form from Centrelink the other day and it's 28 pages long with 94 questions to answer (not all of them apply to me thank goodness).

I will be doing the application online through my myGov account in a few months time but in the meantime I might print the form out and fill it in then copy it over to my online application when the time comes, seems easier that way.

In addition, there is also an Income and assets (SA369) form to fill in which is 18 pages long with 60 questions to answer (again, not all of them apply to me. And again - thank goodness).

This Income and assets form is actually quite hilarious (well, it would be if it wasn't for the fact they're serious about it) because they want to know about everything you own and how much you think it's all worth - car, TV, computers, etc., etc. WTF has all that got to do with getting the age pension?

I wonder if Mark "Sneakers" McGowan had to fill in these forms before he got his $275,000 a year taxpayer funded pension after he retired "exhausted" from politics last year? Yeah, right.

And doesn't Centrelink have anything to say about the fact that he's also working in 4 part time private sector jobs while he's getting his big, fat taxpayer funded pension? Just imagine if Joe or Jane Average tried to do something like that... heck, they'd have Centrelink hounding them non stop if they started earning $10 a week over what their 'rules' say they're allowed to have.

And McGowan is just the 'tip of the iceberg', all of the pollies have been doing/are still doing the same thing.

So, as I said, until the pollies have to play by the same 'rules' as the rest of us I really couldn't care less about getting my age pension as soon as I'm eligible (and I had to wait 2 years longer to get it than I should have had to after the pollies put the pension age up to 67).

So you are excusing yourself by pretending that you are diddling the pollies, not your fellow tax payers.

What IS it with people in Perth? The chips on your parochial shoulders are enormous.

He's applying for the pension.

How is that "diddling"?

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 21st, 2024 at 12:28am

Brush and floss your teeth and teach your kids.

It doesn’t need government interfere or Medicare ( us) funding it.

Ffs, how to completely dumb people down.

Brush your buggerkkk teeth.

Save taxpayer billions.

Lazy stupid buggers!

Has the Australian population really reached the point they don’t want brush their teeth but want the government to pay their dental bills?

Hold the immigration thread.

Maybe we need to look at swapping some our dumbarses out and replace with people who have the basic ability to use a toothbrush?

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #34 - May 21st, 2024 at 12:45am

greggerypeccary wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 7:04pm:

How is that "diddling"?

It would seem that people like aquascoot and Frank would like to see as many elderly people "drop off the perch" as possible - preferably before they are able to claim the age pension.

Something that our pollies apparently also want to happen when you look at how many elderly people are dying/have died in aged care from Covid and the fact that our governments don't care or even mention it these days.

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 21st, 2024 at 5:22am

incorrect. i dont want them to die

i want them to man up and contribute and set a good example and stop being selfish takers and parasitic grubs

this chap would be a good role model

no way i want people like him dead

One of Queensland's hardest working Surf Life Saving volunteers, Peter Anderson, has just turned 80. He spends about 500 hours a year volunteering in the red and yellow on the Gold Coast and insists he has no intention of slowing down.

strong powerful inspirational giving life affirming brave resourceful and self reliant

you should put that on your frige carl  Tongue Tongue

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #36 - May 21st, 2024 at 7:26am

aquascoot wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 5:22am:
incorrect. i dont want them to die

i want them to man up and contribute and set a good example and stop being selfish takers and parasitic grubs

So, if aquascoot doesn't want the elderly to die before they reach pension age then retire and access the age pension (currently 67 years, might be 70 or more eventually if the pollies get their way and they probably will) it looks like he wants to see them work until they drop (again, so they don't get the age pension).

I would have thought that after working and paying tax for nearly 50 years these "selfish takers and parasitic grubs" would be entitled to a quiet retirement and the age pension but maybe that's just me?

Mind you, with the rampant selfishness and greed in Australia today (just look at house prices and rents as a perfect example) I'm guessing there aren't too many people around these days who think like I do.

Anyway, we're getting more and more off topic here so I'll just say again that it's time dental was covered by Medicare and bulk billing.

« Last Edit: May 21st, 2024 at 7:56am by Carl D »  

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #37 - May 21st, 2024 at 11:03am

Carl D wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 12:45am:

How is that "diddling"?

It would seem that people like aquascoot and Frank would like to see as many elderly people "drop off the perch" as possible - preferably before they are able to claim the age pension.

Something that our pollies apparently also want to happen when you look at how many elderly people are dying/have died in aged care from Covid and the fact that our governments don't care or even mention it these days.

Clearly that is part of The Plan in place - look at the way they are diddling away at superannuation stashes and getting people to put that cash back into the economy so they can die before they get a pension.  I look around me at 74 and am amazed at how many are falling from the tree before 67 .... and those with the least and thus more likely to get a pension are more likely to have health issues  sooner and more severely ... look at their teeth ....

Way for a government to get your super stash by the back door - oh - just use some of that to tide you over through covid.... oh, just use a stash of that to buy your house while my investments grow and grow and the cost gets higher... oh, just spend it now so the economy is buoyant and vibrant ... the ant and the grasshopper....

It's just getting your super into the economy and thus back into government hands via taxation - the back door method - we all know by now that what the funds invest in - 'business' - doesn't pay back taxes into the government till, so that's a dead end for parasitic government... they need YOUR money as the small guy who is subject to all taxes.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 21st, 2024 at 11:16am

aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 7:02pm:
well done , you say.

How is that "diddling"?

Still waiting for an answer on this.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 21st, 2024 at 2:10pm

Dentistry in this country is a ripp off. I've just been quoted $9k for my 14yr old to get his teeth fixed. 
He brushes his teeth twice daily and no, he doesn't binge on junk food nor does he have tats, despite what horseboy tells himself.

Whilst I'm not overly concerned as I'm in a position where I can pay for it, others cannot.

There's a reason why pensioners are traveling to Thailand and Turkey to get their teeth fixed.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 21st, 2024 at 2:35pm

John Smith wrote on May 21st, 2024 at 2:10pm:
Dentistry in this country is a ripp off. I've just been quoted $9k for my 14yr old to get his teeth fixed. 
He brushes his teeth twice daily and no, he doesn't binge on junk food nor does he have tats, despite what horseboy tells himself.

Whilst I'm not overly concerned as I'm in a position where I can pay for it, others cannot.

There's a reason why pensioners are traveling to Thailand and Turkey to get their teeth fixed.

I wouldn't recommend that   Sad

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #41 - May 21st, 2024 at 2:45pm

brush ya teef more

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - May 21st, 2024 at 2:55pm

There is a good argument for semi-compulsory dental reviews and care for children and teenagers until about age 18 or 20 or so. Including orthodontic care, with some means testing.

After the first two decades of life, however,  people should be able take care of their teeth.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #43 - May 21st, 2024 at 4:03pm

Daves2017 wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 9:38am:
If you have a health care card dental care is available for free in nsw and Qld ( don’t know about the other states and territories?).

My health care card runs out this year. Last year, I got a free dental clean from the Base Hospital Dental Clinic. Other places charge at least $100 for consultation and clean -- actually, that is at the CQU dental clinic. I don't know what it costs at the private dentists. But the free dental clinics have over a year's wait time. Had I the brains, I would have gone to the dentist every year of my student days, and then rebooked so that I could have a proper descaling clean.

Quote:
Just brush your teeth properly if you know how!!

That is not really true. Someone criticised me for taking 2 minutes to brush my teeth. He said that it should only take 20 seconds at most. I thought, "WTF?". 2 minutes should be the minimum amount of time to brush your teeth. Dentists tell me that a lot of people miss the back and inside of their teeth. They just brush the front and sides of their teeth.

The last time I went to the dentist, I spent the evening before sitting in front of my tv, whilst I brushed my teeth about 3 times over. It took 10 minutes per brushing. I had a bottle of water, and a jar to spit the toothpaste into. Then it was a matter of flossing for a while. The next day, before the appointment, I used baking soda as a mouthwash -- holding the baking soda in my mouth for a few minutes before swishing the melted baking soda around for another minute or so before expulsion. Then I brushed my teeth for 3 minutes, just to make sure that I did enough to impress the hot, young dental student.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #44 - May 21st, 2024 at 4:18pm

At 14 years of age, I was fairly disciplined with my dental hygiene. But, I had inherited the gene in between for my mother's crooked teeth and my father's relatively straight teeth. I basically developed a type of crowded mouth that only improved as I grew. The left side of my teeth actually look quite alright -- probably as the result of being right handed and being able to brush that side more thoroughly. The right side looks like a rollercoaster rail twist. Second incisor behind the first/front incisor, with my canine tooth slightly inward, and my premolar following suit. One of my molars is actually alright, whilst the back one is jagged outwards.

Had I been able to get braces in my early teens, I would have been looking alright by the time I got out of high school, with some straight teeth. Dental work over the years has removed the broken and worthless back molars. My teeth look better. But I wish I could have something done to resort the right side of my teeth. But, yes, $9,000 is too much to have teeth fixed, unless the teeth are really bad.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print