Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Put Dental Into Medicare And Bulk-Billing (Read 1751 times)
Daves2017

Australian Politics

Re: Put Dental Into Medicare And Bulk-Billing
Reply #15 - May 20th, 2024 at 12:02pm

Black Orchid wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 11:53am:
Over $4000 per year for dental was available through Medicare to those with a chronic disease or pensioners.

The Gillard government killed it in 2011.

Are you sure it was Gillard and not Rudd?

It’s hard to keep track off as they outed each other every couple of months?

At labor has settled and will never allow a woman to be in charge again, boys only now on for labor.

Shame

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 20th, 2024 at 12:37pm

Denmark's comprehensive dental care system emphasizes strong preventive measures, leading to a low rate of oral disease over a lifetime.
Government initiatives promote dental education and regular check-ups, ensuring early intervention.
Denmark sets the standard in its comprehensive dental care system, prioritizing preventive measures to achieve and maintain minimal rates of oral diseases. Government initiatives actively promote oral health intelligence through education within communities and schools. These programs encourage and provide regular dental exams, with active preventive dentistry, while ensuring early intervention is accomplished when necessary.
Denmark initiated the Child Dental Health Care Act in 1972, which mandated municipalities to establish dental clinics. These clinics were tasked with offering essential and preventive dental services to children without any cost. Given the compulsory education system in Denmark, integrating free dental services within the school system proved to be an effective and streamlined approach.
The success of Denmark's approach is evident in its population's remarkable oral health, reflected in a DMFT index score of 0.4, showcasing the efficacy of their preventive strategies. The Danish Health Authority's dedication to oral health is a model for countries aspiring to establish successful and accessible dental care systems, highlighting the significance of education and early intervention.

2. Sweden
Sweden's public-private collaboration ensures widespread access to dental services.
Government-supported research initiatives drive continuous improvement in dental treatments.
Sweden's exemplary dental health system is driven by a unique blend of accessibility and patient-focused care, with an impressive 80 plus dentists per 100,000 citizens. With a commitment to preventive measures, the government invests significantly in public dental health programs, ensuring early detection and intervention.
Sweden's “Public Dental Service” (PDS or “Folktandvården”) is a significant contributor to its standing, offering nationwide oral healthcare. The PDS is financed through tax revenues and patient fees and is staffed by salaried personnel who serve urban communities and sparsely populated areas throughout the country.
Sweden ensures subsidies for citizens under 23, fostering a culture of oral care initiatives that have led to Swedish children having some of the lowest rates of oral disease.
Swedish dentists are also known for their advanced training and patient education, offering detailed insights into oral health practices for their patients. This holistic approach, combining accessibility, education, and patient empowerment, positions Sweden at the forefront of global dental health excellence.

So it is about encouraging and educating you while young so you will take good care of your teeth when you grow up. Not even in Scandi heaven is it all free for adults.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 20th, 2024 at 12:46pm

Carl D wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 8:31am:
aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 5:12am:
they will destroy your financial ability to  take "personal responsibility ' for your teeth though

Funny you should say that.

I've just taken "personal responsibility" for my teeth by using my "financial ability" to withdraw another $3,000 from my superannuation pension to pay for the $400 check up and clean (with 2 X-rays) plus $2,500 for the removal of decay under the crown on one of my bottom teeth and having a new crown made and fitted.

I have a 'temporary' crown on there at the moment and the new, permanent one will be fitted this Thursday.

And this, plus the other super lump sum withdrawals I've made during the last 12 months also helps with my "financial ability" to ensure I get the age pension later this year after I turn 67 in August instead of living on my super until I reach 68 or beyond.

aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 5:16am:
in life there are givers and takers
lifters and leaners
people living in abundance and people in scarcity
hosts and parasites
resilient and fragile
powerful and weak
brave and fretful
confident and timid

the greens are the party that want you to be a taking, leaning, scarce, parasitic, fragile, weak fretful timid victim.

why on earth any man with a modicum of self respect would vibe with their disgraceful message is beyond me

Blah blah blah blah... no one wants one of your word salads for breakfast today... or any other day for that matter. Thanks.

And, yes... it's way, way past the time for dental to be covered by Medicare.

bragging about taking from your fellow citizens

shameful behaviour Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 20th, 2024 at 12:47pm

mothra wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 9:07am:
Anyone with half a brain would simply accept that the money spent on available dental would be easily recouped through the associated health costs of the consequences of bad teeth.

But here we are, listening to Horse Boy telling us about leaners.

Frank will be along soon to call him a poet.

people are "victims" of tooth decay arent they mothra.

and as 'victims' they cant actually take any action, like , say  'clean their teeth" Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 20th, 2024 at 1:03pm

aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 12:47pm:
Anyone with half a brain would simply accept that the money spent on available dental would be easily recouped through the associated health costs of the consequences of bad teeth.

and as 'victims' they cant actually take any action, like , say  'clean their teeth" Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Impacted wisdom teeth.

Thoughts?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 20th, 2024 at 2:00pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 1:03pm:

Impacted wisdom teeth.

Thoughts?

put that one on medicare and no others  Wink

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 20th, 2024 at 2:01pm

aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 2:00pm:

Impacted wisdom teeth.

Thoughts?

put that one on medicare and no others  Wink

We're getting somewhere.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 20th, 2024 at 2:14pm

not a problem

people should always be supported by the taxpayer for things beyond their control

a kid with a brain tumour deserves the best free neurourgeon
a kid with polio deserves the best NDIS technology

a 200 kg sloppy pig does not deserve a set of $30,000 taxpayer funded new knees
a drug addict with a personality disorder does not deserve an NDIS package and a disability pension

with regards teeth

impacted wisdon teeth are deserving
meth mouth is not

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 20th, 2024 at 2:26pm

Impacted wisdom teeth.

Thoughts?

Folly fangs.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #24 - May 20th, 2024 at 3:59pm

I figured out some few years ago, ditching the extras from my private health… saving $1000 per annum.
Since I only used extras for spec savers once a year ($180 rebate) and twice for dentist, which I still payed out of pocket … plus the $1000 for extras on top… it was cheaper to just pay as I go.
So I paid $130 for new specs, $600 for dentist recently…. I’m still ahead by $270 in place of extras.
Didn’t need to go to dentist last year… so saved full amount.
But extras included ambulance cover so I pay $105 pa for that cover.
So I’m $170 ahead ….

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2024 at 4:10pm

aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 12:46pm:

Well, at least I didn't retire and spend all of my super on a big overseas holiday then apply for the age pension like one of my neighbours did some years ago.

When she told me about it I said "well done".

Mind you, I might have done the same thing if I didn't have my elderly aunt to look after as well as having a few medical issues of my own to deal with over the last few years.

Smiley

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 20th, 2024 at 4:56pm

Carl D wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 4:10pm:
aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 12:46pm:

Well, at least I didn't retire and spend all of my super on a big overseas holiday then apply for the age pension like one of my neighbours did some years ago.

When she told me about it I said "well done".

Mind you, I might have done the same thing if I didn't have my elderly aunt to look after as well as having a few medical issues of my own to deal with over the last few years.

Smiley

well done , you say.

maybe the young people paying more tax to fund the pension of the entitled retirees might quit their jobs at the nursing home and go surfing

as you lie in a soiled bed and no one answers your buzzer, you can reflect on the "I'm alright jack" attitude of the entitled.

to the young i would say "well done for going surfing" , why waste your time helping the elderly when they are self interested dicks

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #27 - May 20th, 2024 at 5:57pm

aquascoot wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 4:56pm:
well done , you say.

maybe the young people paying more tax to fund the pension of the entitled retirees might quit their jobs at the nursing home and go surfing

as you lie in a soiled bed and no one answers your buzzer, you can reflect on the "I'm alright jack" attitude of the entitled.

to the young i would say "well done for going surfing" , why waste your time helping the elderly when they are self interested dicks

Perhaps I might actually start to give a damn if the pollies had to play by the same rules that the rest of us have to.

For example, I've downloaded the Claim for Age Pension and Pension Bonus (SA002) form from Centrelink the other day and it's 28 pages long with 94 questions to answer (not all of them apply to me thank goodness).

I will be doing the application online through my myGov account in a few months time but in the meantime I might print the form out and fill it in then copy it over to my online application when the time comes, seems easier that way.

In addition, there is also an Income and assets (SA369) form to fill in which is 18 pages long with 60 questions to answer (again, not all of them apply to me. And again - thank goodness).

This Income and assets form is actually quite hilarious (well, it would be if it wasn't for the fact they're serious about it) because they want to know about everything you own and how much you think it's all worth - car, TV, computers, etc., etc. WTF has all that got to do with getting the age pension?

I wonder if Mark "Sneakers" McGowan had to fill in these forms before he got his $275,000 a year taxpayer funded pension after he retired "exhausted" from politics last year? Yeah, right.

And doesn't Centrelink have anything to say about the fact that he's also working in 4 part time private sector jobs while he's getting his big, fat taxpayer funded pension? Just imagine if Joe or Jane Average tried to do something like that... heck, they'd have Centrelink hounding them non stop if they started earning $10 a week over what their 'rules' say they're allowed to have.

And McGowan is just the 'tip of the iceberg', all of the pollies have been doing/are still doing the same thing.

So, as I said, until the pollies have to play by the same 'rules' as the rest of us I really couldn't care less about getting my age pension as soon as I'm eligible (and I had to wait 2 years longer to get it than I should have had to after the pollies put the pension age up to 67).

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 20th, 2024 at 6:41pm

Carl D wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 5:57pm:
well done , you say.

Perhaps I might actually start to give a damn if the pollies had to play by the same rules that the rest of us have to.

For example, I've downloaded the Claim for Age Pension and Pension Bonus (SA002) form from Centrelink the other day and it's 28 pages long with 94 questions to answer (not all of them apply to me thank goodness).

I will be doing the application online through my myGov account in a few months time but in the meantime I might print the form out and fill it in then copy it over to my online application when the time comes, seems easier that way.

In addition, there is also an Income and assets (SA369) form to fill in which is 18 pages long with 60 questions to answer (again, not all of them apply to me. And again - thank goodness).

This Income and assets form is actually quite hilarious (well, it would be if it wasn't for the fact they're serious about it) because they want to know about everything you own and how much you think it's all worth - car, TV, computers, etc., etc. WTF has all that got to do with getting the age pension?

I wonder if Mark "Sneakers" McGowan had to fill in these forms before he got his $275,000 a year taxpayer funded pension after he retired "exhausted" from politics last year? Yeah, right.

And doesn't Centrelink have anything to say about the fact that he's also working in 4 part time private sector jobs while he's getting his big, fat taxpayer funded pension? Just imagine if Joe or Jane Average tried to do something like that... heck, they'd have Centrelink hounding them non stop if they started earning $10 a week over what their 'rules' say they're allowed to have.

And McGowan is just the 'tip of the iceberg', all of the pollies have been doing/are still doing the same thing.

So, as I said, until the pollies have to play by the same 'rules' as the rest of us I really couldn't care less about getting my age pension as soon as I'm eligible (and I had to wait 2 years longer to get it than I should have had to after the pollies put the pension age up to 67).

So you are excusing yourself by pretending that you are diddling the pollies, not your fellow tax payers.

What IS it with people in Perth? The chips on your parochial shoulders are enormous.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 20th, 2024 at 6:55pm

Frank wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 6:41pm:
Carl D wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 5:57pm:
well done , you say.

So you are excusing yourself by pretending that you are diddling the pollies, not your fellow tax payers.

What IS it with people in Perth? The chips on your parochial shoulders are enormous.

Diddling?   How?   Undecided

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print