Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Debate shut down - Digital ID (Read 3398 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Debate shut down - Digital ID
Reply #75 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 12:22pm

AusGeoff wrote on Apr 6th, 2024 at 9:59am:
     How long will it be before PEXA is hacked?    Angry

I think you're missing the point. Who is more likely to get hacked? 'Pexa', or some lawyers office, phone company, electricity company, gas company, insurance firm, pharmacy?

The proposed digital id is about limiting the number of companies with your details.

The point of expanding on the 'mygov' id is not to make it bullet proof, it is to make it more secure than the alternatives.

The battle between hackers and security is never ending. What is secure today, will be a virtual open door by this time next year. The govt is much more willing and able to keep up on the security front than coporations trying to maximise profits.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #76 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 2:13pm

AusGeoff wrote on Apr 6th, 2024 at 9:34am:
Bob Hawke's "Australia Card" was a proposal for a national
identification card
for Australian citizens and resident foreigners.
The proposal was made in 1985, and abandoned in 1987.

In the House of Representatives, ALP backbencher Lewis Kent
(Serbian-born Lajco Kapolnai) said the card was un-Australian
and that it would be more appropriate to call it a "Hitlercard or Stalincard". 

Interestingly, it was alleged that Kent was "an agent of a foreign
power" and had ties to the UDBA (Uprava državne bezbednosti),
the Yugoslavian secret police.

They brought it back now but 10 times as bad
and they rammed it through the Senate by shutting down debate.

That's what passes for a democracy in Australia.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #77 - Apr 23rd, 2024 at 6:33pm

Comment from another site:

Quote:
Anyone else locked out of Bupa for NOT having digital ID?

Someone in Maria Zees channel reported this.

“I realised today that BUPA is making mandatory to set up digital ID in order to access the user’s online BUPA account.

I got locked out my online account, when I called to ask why, I was told I had to have digital ID, apparently they introduced this late last year. I cancelled my BUPA membership few minutes ago.

If anyone has private health insurance with BUPA, please check if you can access your account online”

👆This is how they get away with continuously telling you Digital ID won’t be mandatory (from the government).

They’ll impose stricter “privacy” requirements for private businesses, and impose it through corporates, just like they imposed on businesses during COVID for the death shots.

Remember the Govt. said Digital ID would not be compulsory?
Another lie.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #78 - Apr 23rd, 2024 at 6:37pm

It's true:

https://www.bupa.com.au/help/mybupa/troubleshooting/how-to-register-for-mybupa

Important message to Bupa Members

We’ve changed the way you access myBupa. If you have a myBupa account and haven't signed in since 29 August 2023 you need to re-register. Old logins won't work.

Setting up your Bupa digital identity is part of the registration process.

But you don't need to make a video of yourself:

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #79 - Apr 23rd, 2024 at 6:57pm

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #80 - May 4th, 2024 at 11:45pm

https://cairnsnews.org/2024/05/03/a-triad-of-tyranny-compliments-of-albanese-and...

A Triad of Tyranny compliments of Albanese and Labor

By Senator Malcolm Roberts

Three Bills are being rammed through the Senate to create legislation that will transform the UN-WEF plans for surveillance and control into a dystopian reality in Australia.

The first is the Identity Verification Services Bill 2023, which is designed to permit the use of biometric data to locate and track citizens and normalise it. The second, the Digital Identity Bill 2023, will ensure Australians have no choice but to succumb to setting up a digital ID. The third is the Misinformation and Disinformation Bill 2023. This is the censorship tool to make sure both the media and social media carries government sanctioned opinions only. The government in power is exempted and free to be the Ministry of Truth, spreading misinformation or disinformation. Remember how well that went during the COVID response?

The Driver’s Licence database is being upgraded to become the repository of your master identification record, which is already being used to establish your identity with a paper check and now with a facial scan.

I implored the Senate to vote against and to reject this Bill. This is the first of three Bills necessary to turn Australia into the world’s first World Economic Forum
digital prison.

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - May 5th, 2024 at 8:29pm

« Last Edit: May 5th, 2024 at 8:54pm by Daves2017 »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #82 - May 17th, 2024 at 2:55pm

https://wentworthreport.com/2024/05/17/the-australian-uniparty/

17 May 2024

The Australian Uniparty. By Senator Ralph Babet (United Australia Party).

The truth is that our two-party system provides only the illusion of choice.

The Liberal and Labor parties are, at the moment, pretty much the same … especially when it comes to their intention to sell Australians out to globalist interests.

Example 1:

The Labor government is pushing hard with its plans for Digital ID to be rolled out across Australia.

Many people are rightly horrified by the idea. A Digital ID will make every person in this country hackable and trackable. .. It’s the first necessary step in creating a system whereby every citizen could be given a social credit score that will determine their ability to buy and sell. In other words, their ability to take part in the free market.

A Digital ID is dangerous and must be opposed. But who will oppose it?

What most people don’t realise is that the sinister Digital ID policy being pushed by Labor is actually a Liberal Party idea. … It was initiated by the Coalition government back in 2015. They promoted the idea as a ‘safe, secure, and convenient way to prove who you are’. And then, in 2021, the Liberal Party circulated a draft bill with the Orwellian title … Trusted Digital Identity Bill. …

The Liberals didn’t get a chance to introduce their ‘trusted’ bill into Parliament before losing the 2022 election, but their election commitments that year included, and I quote, ‘expansion of the Digital Identity system’.

Now, of course, the Liberal Party claims to oppose Labor’s Digital ID. But they don’t oppose the pernicious concept, only Labor’s version.

The Liberal Party’s website promises that they will, and I quote, ‘continue to invest in the expansion of the Digital Identity system’. …

Example 2:

Did you know it was the Liberal Party who were the original architects of the free speech curtailing Misinformation and Disinformation Bill? I kid you not.

Before the last election, the Morrison government announced that it would introduce legislation, and I quote, ‘to combat harmful disinformation and misinformation online’. …

Of course, the Liberals pretend to call Labor’s almost identical bill ‘Orwellian’.

But that’s only because they are in opposition. It’s the illusion of choice. As soon as the Liberals are back in office, they will resume their globalist obligations.

Don’t take my word for it. Listen to them. Read it from their website: “…stronger laws to combat harmful disinformation and misinformation online by giving the media regulator stronger information-gathering and enforcement powers.”

And at the weekend, Liberal Leader Peter Dutton said he would support Labor’s Misinformation and Disinformation Bill. …

Example 3:

The office of the e-Safety Commissioner was created by the Liberal Party (Coalition) and the current e-Safety Commissioner, Julie Inman Grant, was appointed by the Liberal Party.

Conclusion:

Our two-party system of government is really one party with voters given only the choice of faces.

Same bureaucracy, no matter who you vote for.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #83 - May 17th, 2024 at 3:13pm

https://news.rebekahbarnett.com.au/p/breaking-digital-id-passed-in-australian

Australian government databases are also vulnerable to data breaches.
A spreadsheet released under Freedom of Information details 257 data breaches
of federal government departments and agencies during the past four years,
some of which had been concealed from the public.
The majority (160) occurred due to human error,
with a further 70 being attributed to malicious or criminal attacks and some to system failure.

Will the expanded Digital ID framework be impenetrable to human error, malicious attacks and system failure? Hopefully.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #84 - May 17th, 2024 at 3:38pm

Bobby. wrote on May 17th, 2024 at 2:55pm:
https://wentworthreport.com/2024/05/17/the-australian-uniparty/

17 May 2024

The Australian Uniparty. By Senator Ralph Babet (United Australia Party).

The truth is that our two-party system provides only the illusion of choice.

The Liberal and Labor parties are, at the moment, pretty much the same … especially when it comes to their intention to sell Australians out to globalist interests.

Example 1:

The Labor government is pushing hard with its plans for Digital ID to be rolled out across Australia.

Many people are rightly horrified by the idea. A Digital ID will make every person in this country hackable and trackable. .. It’s the first necessary step in creating a system whereby every citizen could be given a social credit score that will determine their ability to buy and sell. In other words, their ability to take part in the free market.

A Digital ID is dangerous and must be opposed. But who will oppose it?

What most people don’t realise is that the sinister Digital ID policy being pushed by Labor is actually a Liberal Party idea. … It was initiated by the Coalition government back in 2015. They promoted the idea as a ‘safe, secure, and convenient way to prove who you are’. And then, in 2021, the Liberal Party circulated a draft bill with the Orwellian title … Trusted Digital Identity Bill. …

The Liberals didn’t get a chance to introduce their ‘trusted’ bill into Parliament before losing the 2022 election, but their election commitments that year included, and I quote, ‘expansion of the Digital Identity system’.

Now, of course, the Liberal Party claims to oppose Labor’s Digital ID. But they don’t oppose the pernicious concept, only Labor’s version.

The Liberal Party’s website promises that they will, and I quote, ‘continue to invest in the expansion of the Digital Identity system’. …

Example 2:

Did you know it was the Liberal Party who were the original architects of the free speech curtailing Misinformation and Disinformation Bill? I kid you not.

Before the last election, the Morrison government announced that it would introduce legislation, and I quote, ‘to combat harmful disinformation and misinformation online’. …

Of course, the Liberals pretend to call Labor’s almost identical bill ‘Orwellian’.

But that’s only because they are in opposition. It’s the illusion of choice. As soon as the Liberals are back in office, they will resume their globalist obligations.

Don’t take my word for it. Listen to them. Read it from their website: “…stronger laws to combat harmful disinformation and misinformation online by giving the media regulator stronger information-gathering and enforcement powers.”

And at the weekend, Liberal Leader Peter Dutton said he would support Labor’s Misinformation and Disinformation Bill. …

Example 3:

The office of the e-Safety Commissioner was created by the Liberal Party (Coalition) and the current e-Safety Commissioner, Julie Inman Grant, was appointed by the Liberal Party.

Conclusion:

Our two-party system of government is really one party with voters given only the choice of faces.

Same bureaucracy, no matter who you vote for.

This is what happens when the system is broken: our dog eat dog economy creates fraud and crime in a desperate battle for survival.

The governing party is faced with having to control this crime...hence the attraction of the Digital ID.   

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #85 - May 17th, 2024 at 4:00pm

thegreatdivide wrote on May 17th, 2024 at 3:38pm:
This is what happens when the system is broken: our dog eat dog economy creates fraud and crime in a desperate battle for survival.

The governing party is faced with having to control this crime...hence the attraction of the Digital ID.   

I would be great if the Govt. would guarantee that
our personal information could never be hacked.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #86 - May 17th, 2024 at 4:03pm

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #87 - May 17th, 2024 at 9:28pm

Just as an aside -
we already have a sort of Digital ID.

When you buy property:  a house or unit or apartment -
you have to go through PEXA by law -
that includes you using your mobile phone to read out a code word they give you
while on video and that is automatically uploaded to PEXA.
So the Govt has a video of your face and a voice print as well.
You also need to photograph many documents too which are all uploaded.
You don't even get a Title Deed - it's all digital now.
I don't know what happens to the old Title Deed from the previous owner?
None of that was discussed.
If you can't do all that then you have to go to your conveyancer who
puts you on video via their desktop etc to help you do it all.
Will the new Digital ID wipe all that out?
I doubt it.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2024 at 10:16pm by Bobby. »  

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #88 - May 18th, 2024 at 1:33pm

Bobby. wrote on May 17th, 2024 at 4:00pm:

Interestingly, apparently quantum AI (still being developed)  is promising to deliver unhackable internet.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #89 - May 18th, 2024 at 3:58pm

thegreatdivide wrote on May 18th, 2024 at 1:33pm:
Bobby. wrote on May 17th, 2024 at 4:00pm:

Interestingly, apparently quantum AI (still being developed)  is promising to deliver unhackable internet.

That can't work for mass communication.
You have to receive the same photon that was sent.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print