Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Islamic University for Sydney (Read 4907 times)
Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Re: Islamic University for Sydney
Reply #60 - Mar 20th, 2024 at 11:04pm

Perhaps this might get more traction here.
Quote:
Allahabad HC Denies Protection to Muslim-Hindu Couple, Citing Shariat Law Constraints on Married Women.
News / By sahodar / March 5, 2024

The Allahabad High Court, ruling on a case involving a Muslim woman and Hindu man living together, said marriage places limits on a wife’s actions. As a result, the court declined to protect them from potential threats by the woman’s family.

A Single Bench of Justice Renu Agarwal observed, “From the factual matrix of the case it is apparent that petitioner no.1 is legally wedded wife petitioner no.2. She has not obtained any decree of divorce from the competent authority. She is living with petitioner no.2 in contravention of the provisions of Muslim Law(Shariat), wherein legally wedded wife can not go out side marriage and this act of Muslim women is defined as Zina and Haram. If we go to the criminality of the act of petitioner no.1 she may be prosecuted for the offence under section 494 and 495 IPC, as such relationship is not covered within the phrase of live-in-relationship or relationship in the nature of marriage.”

Attorney Fareed Ahmad represented the petitioners, while Additional Chief Standing Counsel Ashwani Kumar Tripathi acted on behalf of the respondents.

Case Overview: The petition aimed to obtain a writ order or directive mandating the respondents (the family and relatives) to cease disturbing the peace of the petitioners, a cohabiting couple, and to refrain from harassing them. Additionally, the petitioners sought legal intervention to ensure the couple’s safety. Involved in the case are a 44-year-old Muslim woman and a Hindu man over 36 years of age. It’s noteworthy that the woman was previously married to a Muslim man who later remarried.

Following her voluntary departure from her marital home due to alleged mistreatment by her father, the woman chose to live with her parents. Subsequently, she began living with the Hindu man, petitioner no. 2, in a live-in arrangement. Despite their efforts, the couple faced continuous interference from the woman’s family, raising concerns about their safety and freedom from potential threats. They sought protection from the Senior Superintendent of Police, but their request was unanswered, worsening their situation.

In this case, the High Court noted that the respondents argued that the woman’s ongoing marriage to Mohsin, without obtaining a divorce from her previous spouse, rendered her cohabitation with petitioner no. 2 an act of adultery, thus disqualifying their relationship from legal protection. Precedents such as the Supreme Court’s ruling in Kiran Rawat and Another Vs. State of U.P. and a Division Bench judgment of this Court in the matter of Asha Devi and Another Vs. State of U.P. and 3 Others were cited as grounds for opposing the petition.

“In the present case petitioner no.1 is Muslim by religion and she has not moved any application to the authority concerned for conversion of her religion under sections 8 and 9 of the Conversion Act. Hence petitioner no.1 is living in relationship with petitioner no.2 without obtaining divorce from her husband, that constitute an offence under sections 494 and 495 IPC and also without complying the provisions of sections 8 & 9 of the -Conversion Act. Hence such type of criminal act cannot be supported and protected by the Court”, it held.
[url] https://sahodar.in/allahabad-hc-denies-protection-to-muslim-hindu-couple-citing-

shariat- I’m law-constraints-on-married-women/[/url]

This is in India where the law has been altered to accept some aspects of Sharia.

And they want Sharia law in our Australia.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 12:41am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 8:27pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 8:18pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 7:55pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 6:12pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 20th, 2024 at 1:09pm:
Muslims are instructed to support the laws of where they are situated, according to the Koran.

Only if the laws of the host country aren't against Shariah

Quote:
"In conclusion, it is necessary by Shariah to abide by the laws of the country one lives in, regardless of the nature of the law, as long as it does not contradict Shariah.  However, if the law demands something that is against Islam & Shariah, then it will be necessary to abstain from adhering to it"

Did you think I wasn't going to read the whole page?  Besides, I already know about it

However, that's not what I was talking about. I'm saying that the influence of foreign born Imams will have to be eradicated if Muslims in Australia are to get on with Jews, Hindus, and Aussie Westerners

So, you admit you were wrong?  I'll accept your white flag, Bias.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Your trouble is that you can't read, I've struck that with you before. You're trying to win an argument you've already lost

"However, if the law demands something that is against Islam & Shariah, then it will be necessary to abstain from adhering to it"

You're getting laughed at for trying to be a smart arse. I suggest you go back to university and learn how to comprehend, without simultaneously wondering who you're going to insult next

I understand what you are saying but what you are saying does not win the argument.  You are claiming an exception is the general rule, rather than an exception.  I would recommend that you actually graduate to University and learn how to argue properly and stop resorting to crayons to emphase  your points, it just demonstrates that you don't really have an argument.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You've lost the argument plain and simple. You stated the general rule in a way as being the only given ... and you said nothing about "exceptions", not until more of your link was pointed out to you, after which, like an entitled woke sheila, you came up with "
You are claiming exception is the general rule
" .... ah, no I didn't

You're not only a deceiving dumbass, you're a bit of a liar as well

Perhaps you yourself should learn how to debate ...

"Muslims are instructed to support the laws of where they are situated, according to the Koran."
This is your first statement, now show us the word "exceptions" in there? You failed to mention anything about exceptions ... and you wouldn't know what the exceptions would be for a muslim anyway

Keep going, and I'll keep showing you where you're losing

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #62 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 5:19am

Islamic education:

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #63 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:15pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 12:41am:
You've lost the argument plain and simple. You stated the general rule in a way as being the only given ... and you said nothing about "exceptions", not until more of your link was pointed out to you, after which, like an entitled woke sheila, you came up with "You are claiming exception is the general rule" .... ah, no I didn't

"Muslims are instructed to support the laws of where they are situated, according to the Koran." This is your first statement, now show us the word "exceptions" in there? You failed to mention anything about exceptions ... and you wouldn't know what the exceptions would be for a muslim anyway

1) I am not the one who resorts to the use of crayons all the time to try and impress upon us your arguments, Bias. You are acting like a six year old.

2) An except to a rule does not win an argument. The point is, it is an exception, not the general rule.

3) Why do you hate Muslims so much.  You've never met, you'd rather change the side of the street you're walking along than share it with a Muslim.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #64 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:18pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 5:19am:

Actually, that is during the elections in Egypt.  Bobby, your too much a stirrer. Do you know any Muslims or like Bias would you cross a street rather than walk on the same side of the road with one?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #65 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:18pm:

Actually, that is during the elections in Egypt.  Bobby, your too much a stirrer. Do you know any Muslims or like Bias would you cross a street rather than walk on the same side of the road with one?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I'm frightened of Muslims -
I worry that they will call me an infidel and stab me.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #66 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:32pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:24pm:

I'll give you a $100 if you get stabbed by a Muslim, Bobby.  Hows that for an offer?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #67 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:32pm:

I'll give you a $100 if you get stabbed by a Muslim, Bobby.  Hows that for an offer?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Brian - look at the picture I posted above -

can't you tell they're crazy?    tsk  tsk  tsk ...      Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #68 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:48pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:34pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:32pm:

Brian - look at the picture I posted above -

can't you tell they're crazy?    tsk  tsk  tsk ...      Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

Not all Muslims look like that, Bobby.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #69 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:48pm:
Not all Muslims look like that, Bobby.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0470/1696/8348/t/4/assets/islamic-clothing-for...

A picture from 1970 - what has changed?

A more modern picture:

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #70 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 2:27pm

Kids performing for the camera.  Bobby loves it.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #71 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 2:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 2:27pm:
Kids performing for the camera.  Bobby loves it.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Brian - who are you with?

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 2:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 1:15pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 12:41am:
You've lost the argument plain and simple. You stated the general rule in a way as being the only given ... and you said nothing about "exceptions", not until more of your link was pointed out to you, after which, like an entitled woke sheila, you came up with "You are claiming exception is the general rule" .... ah, no I didn't

"Muslims are instructed to support the laws of where they are situated, according to the Koran." This is your first statement, now show us the word "exceptions" in there? You failed to mention anything about exceptions ... and you wouldn't know what the exceptions would be for a muslim anyway

1) I am not the one who resorts to the use of crayons all the time to try and impress upon us your arguments, Bias. You are acting like a six year old.

2) An except to a rule does not win an argument. The point is, it is an exception, not the general rule.

3) Why do you hate Muslims so much.  You've never met, you'd rather change the side of the street you're walking along than share it with a Muslim.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's only you who has made a personal commitment to talk about "exceptions", no one else. Your link doesn't mention the word "exceptions" at all

You failed to explain the link more broadly about what it really says .... "muslims are to abstain from obeying laws contrary to Islam and Shariah"

You tried to gain an advantage by just saying "Muslims have to obey the laws of the land", that's all you said ... there's nothing in that statement of yours about "exceptions"

And why are you reluctant to talk about the new Islamic university?, what the thread is about

I said:
"This new Islamic university is going to teach young muslims about how they can live side-by-side with non-muslims, which will amount to living in peaceful co-existence with the rest of the Australia community, which in turn means, eradicating the influence of overseas born Imams who are hostile to the Western way of life and who have preached thus

The new university might also teach Palestinian Australians how to accept Government policy that supports Israel's right to exist and it's right to defend itself

Have a go at replying to that ... for example; When will Palestinian Australians become friendly with Jewish Australians, those Jews who believe in Israel"s right to exist? Do you think this new Islamic university can accomplish that?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #73 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 3:10pm

Until you stop using crayons, we have nothing more to discuss, Bias.  Tsk, tsk, tsk... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #74 - Mar 21st, 2024 at 3:11pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 2:30pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 21st, 2024 at 2:27pm:

Brian - who are you with?

Not you, Bobby, definitely not you, you silly little man.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print