Send Topic Print
Alcohol (Read 2392 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Alcohol
Reply #45 - May 20th, 2024 at 3:30am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 20th, 2024 at 12:58am:
I did go without drinking for about 7 months back in 2019. It took me a week to get over the craving. But the craving for alcohol only started after I had been sober for 2 weeks. By the month, I no longer had any desire to visit any bottle shops.

My stomach had been gurgling last night. So, I felt that it definitely the right time to be serious about quitting alcohol. I have been promising to stop since 2021. But that July of 2021 had me hit the wall with some psychological issues that spiked my drinking. Oh, I wish I could have those years back.

I'm going for a walk tonight. I have a canister of diluted apple cider vinegar to really begin the alcohol cleanse of my body. I know that acv prevents the withdrawals very well.

Some decisions take a while to make.
Having many different alternatives helped me.
Diet ginger ale, herbal teas, warm water, wood working, yoga, bridge, weights all helped.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #46 - May 20th, 2024 at 10:51pm

The reason why I am quitting is because of the cold weather suddenly taking hold. If I kept up drinking this week, I would likely have pneumonia by next week. Plus, I want to show my doctor that I can have my blood glucose under control by the next time I visit him for a medical certificate.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #47 - May 24th, 2024 at 6:13am

I will tell you something: It has only been a week since I had low sugar, no alcohol, no considerable junk food. I have not been eating rabbit food. But at the least the diet has been modest. Ever since Wednesday, my eyesight has improved. My weight has dropped probably by a couple of kilos. I have had about 3 resistance training walks, although they have only been for 4km.

On Wednesday night, I had a Kit Kat bar, as a treat for being good. Even after a week, my body still adjusts to high sugar content. I will have to keep this diet and increased exercise going for the next month before I see results. My blood test my doctor wants me to take will probably have him wanting me to go on a different medication.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Jul 8th, 2024 at 12:31pm

I haven't had a drop for 9 months or so now.
People who are drinking are unpleasant to be around.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print