Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Mt Warning Protest Jan 26, 2024 (Read 8290 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Mt Warning Protest Jan 26, 2024
Jan 2nd, 2024 at 7:09pm

The traditional custodians of Mt Warning, Sturt Davis (Boyd) and the Ngarakwal people are inviting you to come along and support their efforts to reopen the summit walking track. What better way could you spend this contraversial holiday than coming together for a peaceful gathering to assist in the return of this landmark to its rightful custodians.

https://www.facebook.com/events/901243184539632

Event by Right To Climb and Re-open Mt Warning
Gerald Parker Park
Group  · Members of Re-open Mt Warning
PUBLIC MEETING Australia Day 26 JAN 2024 at 1:30 PM REOPEN WOLLUMBIN/MT WARNING
AT: GERALD PARKER PARK, Kyogle Road, Uki

You are invited by the Ngarakwal people (direct descendants of knowledge keeper/custodian Mrs Millie Boyd) of Northern NSW to please join in & support the reopening of Wulambiny Momoli/Mt Warning.

History & Ngarakwal have always said this mountain is sacred & that it is a woman’s AND men’s place. As custodian Mrs Marlene Boyd once said “how can the public experience the spiritual significance of this land if they do not climb to the summit and witness creation?”

Bundjalung Land Councils & the Wollumbin Consultative Group (WCG) spent 23 years in a pursuit of this landmark. 2 years ago, contrary to tribal lore, they said it’s a men’s only site & closed it off to the public. Bundjalung have totally neglected the mountain & the climbing track & Ngarakwal want management rights & for the mountain to be repaired & reopened for climbing.

GUEST SPEAKERS: Sturt Davis (Boyd)- Ngarakwal Spokesperson,
Marc Hendrickx- Geologist & Author of “A Guide to Climbing Mt Warning: The Fight for Awe & Wonder” Craig Evans- Save our Summits & Andrew Flanagan- Mtn Biker & Adventurer
AFTERWARDS THERE WILL BE A BOOK SIGNING BY
MARC HENDRICKX

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Mt Warning Protest Jan 26, 2024
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2024 at 7:18pm

I'll see if I'm feeling well enough to make the trip.

Dare one ask what the 'new' state government is doing about this?  We know Parrot's tits signed off on it - but what's Ho Chi doing other than hoping the issue will go away?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2024 at 8:33am

freediver wrote on Jan 2nd, 2024 at 7:09pm:
The traditional custodians of Mt Warning, Sturt Davis (Boyd) and the Ngarakwal people are inviting you to come along and support their efforts to reopen the summit walking track. What better way could you spend this contraversial holiday than coming together for a peaceful gathering to assist in the return of this landmark to its rightful custodians.

https://www.facebook.com/events/901243184539632

Event by Right To Climb and Re-open Mt Warning
Gerald Parker Park
Group  · Members of Re-open Mt Warning
PUBLIC MEETING Australia Day 26 JAN 2024 at 1:30 PM REOPEN WOLLUMBIN/MT WARNING
AT: GERALD PARKER PARK, Kyogle Road, Uki

You are invited by the Ngarakwal people (direct descendants of knowledge keeper/custodian Mrs Millie Boyd) of Northern NSW to please join in & support the reopening of Wulambiny Momoli/Mt Warning.

History & Ngarakwal have always said this mountain is sacred & that it is a woman’s AND men’s place. As custodian Mrs Marlene Boyd once said “how can the public experience the spiritual significance of this land if they do not climb to the summit and witness creation?”

Bundjalung Land Councils & the Wollumbin Consultative Group (WCG) spent 23 years in a pursuit of this landmark. 2 years ago, contrary to tribal lore, they said it’s a men’s only site & closed it off to the public. Bundjalung have totally neglected the mountain & the climbing track & Ngarakwal want management rights & for the mountain to be repaired & reopened for climbing.

GUEST SPEAKERS: Sturt Davis (Boyd)- Ngarakwal Spokesperson,
Marc Hendrickx- Geologist & Author of “A Guide to Climbing Mt Warning: The Fight for Awe & Wonder” Craig Evans- Save our Summits & Andrew Flanagan- Mtn Biker & Adventurer
AFTERWARDS THERE WILL BE A BOOK SIGNING BY
MARC HENDRICKX

Peaceful gathering?

I bet there will be a blue on? ..... some of those wanting the place closed off have already demonstrated their propensity for violence & vandalism of private property if anyone turned up in the parking area there.

There have been tyres slashed, vehicle windows smashed and one part non reflective chap has even made threats of physical violence on his Facebook page.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2024 at 10:26am

Gnads wrote on Jan 3rd, 2024 at 8:33am:
Peaceful gathering?

I bet there will be a blue on? ..... some of those wanting the place closed off have already demonstrated their propensity for violence & vandalism of private property if anyone turned up in the parking area there.

There have been tyres slashed, vehicle windows smashed and one part non reflective chap has even made threats of physical violence on his Facebook page.

Yup - the important thing is this - will the police and courts, under the hand of Ho Chi Minns - actually DO their job and prevent crime and arrest wrongdoers.... or will they do a KrystallNacht and stand back and watch while the New Juden have their cars smashed?

I'll be surprised if a single cop shows up to 'keep the peace' - but if anyone defends self or property, you can bet they'll be hunted down like wild dogs - all of a sudden security cameras will work there...... but they are blind to anything but white.   Grin  Sad  Wink  Cheesy

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2024 at 8:37pm

Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2024 at 11:20pm

Don't laugh, Smith - you're next!!

Grin  Grin  Grin

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2024 at 8:33am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 5th, 2024 at 11:20pm:

Grin  Grin  Grin

Why? You want to climb me too? Shocked

Have you met Bobby?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2024 at 12:42pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 6th, 2024 at 8:33am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 5th, 2024 at 11:20pm:

Grin  Grin  Grin

Why? You want to climb me too? Shocked

Have you met Bobby?

Why wouldn't you want to enjoy the spiritual creation of the earth mother as the sun comes up in the East, from the first point in Australia you can see it?  It's hardly an Abo thing.... it's for everyone .... restore the track properly and improve it and freediver's yer uncle!!  Stop the violence around the bottom from the Usual Suspects which is disturbing the spirits and causing them distress over such things going on around their sacred place... talk about hypocrisy....   Cool

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 6th, 2024 at 6:06pm

Unlike you crappler,  I've been up there.  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jan 6th, 2024 at 7:50pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 6th, 2024 at 6:06pm:

So have I.  Big deal....not.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2024 at 7:53pm

So you didn't go for sunrise?  What were you doing?  Missed out on the start of the day...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2024 at 8:03pm

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2024 at 6:43am

isnt mt warning where fern gully was

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2024 at 9:19am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 6th, 2024 at 7:53pm:

So you didn't go for sunrise?  What were you doing?  Missed out on the start of the day...

I was probably getting laid that morning  Kiss

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2024 at 12:14pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 7th, 2024 at 9:19am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 6th, 2024 at 7:53pm:

I was probably getting laid that morning  Kiss

Yeah - plying them with the spirits can do that for you.... get 'em onside, you know...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 23
Send Topic Print