Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
australian universities want n16gers too now (Read 3030 times)
JC Denton
Gold Member

australian universities want n16gers too now
Dec 22nd, 2023 at 10:28pm

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/it-won-t-be-china-india-any-more-univers...

Quote:
The university lobby’s outgoing chief, Catriona Jackson, warns the sector needs to capitalise on the emerging African market to stay “on the front of the wave” in the global competition for students.

needs to capitalise on the emerging African market

capitalise on the emerging African market

emerging African market

African market

what could possibly go wrong?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: australian universities want n16gers too now
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2023 at 10:35pm

Why not?
The stupid Africans go to America.
We get the clerical ones.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2023 at 10:40pm

Jasin wrote on Dec 22nd, 2023 at 10:35pm:
Why not?

mate you are absolutely cracked get some meds ffs

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2023 at 10:57pm

JC Denton wrote on Dec 22nd, 2023 at 10:40pm:
Jasin wrote on Dec 22nd, 2023 at 10:35pm:
Why not?

mate you are absolutely cracked get some meds ffs

Well that's explaining it without reason JC Denton.
Not my fault White Australians are all Gay and don't breed more students for the Universities here.
Or are too stupid n' Redneck Housos to go to Uni anyway.

...and your answer to the problem is? Huh

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 9:08am

you cretins all herald capitalism but then cry when it works  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 10:14am

i dont

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 10:25am

JC Denton wrote on Dec 22nd, 2023 at 10:28pm:
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/it-won-t-be-china-india-any-more-univers...

Quote:
The university lobby’s outgoing chief, Catriona Jackson, warns the sector needs to capitalise on the emerging African market to stay “on the front of the wave” in the global competition for students.

needs to capitalise on the emerging African market

capitalise on the emerging African market

emerging African market

African market

what could possibly go wrong?

African countries are poor, education quality is low, corruption is everywhere.

African students who could afford full Australian fees would come from families of corrupt government officials or businesses who make their wealth from ruthless and corrupt exploitation of other Africans. No honest African family can spare $50-60k p.a. for 3-4 years to send a child to an Australian university.
Most Australian families couldn't.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 10:29am

There is nothing wrong with Australian universities attracting students from overseas. The fees they pay help with the running of these institutions and links can be forged that may in the long term lead to useful relations if these students rise to positions of influence in their home counties.

However problems arise when some of these students expect to get an easy ride because of the amount of money they are paying and when some universities go along with it. There was an issue a few years ago when students at, I think, Newcastle University complained about foreign fee paying students getting preferential treatment.

As long as all students are given the same opportunities, no local students are disadvantaged and security issues are considered foreign students at our unis should be encouraged.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 10:32am

theyll find a way

theres gonna be a projected 2.5 billion jungle bunnies this century, if you can get maybe 0.1% of them to migrate to join australia's incredible 'education export' economy doing dodgy RTOs and dodgy training courses (not necessarily just university degrees) that'll be a f_ckload of people

look at how many nepalese we have here now, i'd never have thought it possible; nepal isn't much wealthier than a lot of sub saharan africa in real terms

the plan often is for everyone in a family or extended family or village to finance one to come over and 'study' then that provides the beach-head for the chain migration process to begin

i agree they'll probably never get the volume they got with the subcons just bc ss-africa is cartoonishly poor in comparison (and probably always will be) but it's not implausible they'll try something

it's going to be a lot of fun

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 10:34am

Belgarion wrote on Dec 23rd, 2023 at 10:29am:
There is nothing wrong with Australian universities attracting students from overseas. The fees they pay help with the running of these institutions and links can be forged that may in the long term lead to useful relations if these students rise to positions of influence in their home counties.

However problems arise when some of these students expect to get an easy ride because of the amount of money they are paying and when some universities go along with it. There was an issue a few years ago when students at, I think, Newcastle University complained about foreign fee paying students getting preferential treatment.

As long as all students are given the same opportunities, no local students are disadvantaged and security issues are considered foreign students at our unis should be encouraged.

what a vacuous f_cking take lmao

australia's permanent residency educational export industry is a complete and utter joke

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 11:04am

Belgarion wrote on Dec 23rd, 2023 at 10:29am:

Up to a point, Lord Copper.

A small number of bright overseas students, yes.

But most students in some courses in NSW and Vic universities, like business, accounting, commerce, nursing, are non-English speaking international students. That is a disaster.
Like the bear hunter in the joke, they are not really here for the education.

Both sides of politics have screwed higher education rinse the Dawkins reforms under Labor 30 years ago. Elevating colleges of higher education to universities was a huge mistake, various uncapping of student numbers was another, a push for 40% of high school graduates to go to uni was another. Each expansion touted with the Blairite slogan of 'education, education, education' and was accompanied by limited funding, incommensurate with the expansion of uni places. The solution was more and more fee paying international students. Australian higher education policy became an immigration policy.

Most third world students cannot afford the fees and living expenses from their own family's resources so they must work in Australia, very often exploited ruthlessly by businesses run by their compatriots.  Housing conditions for many are atrocious, again, in the hands of unscrupulous compatriot landlords.

So 'international education' has screwed Australian university standards, employment and housing conditions.

Most overseas graduated are employed in lower level jobs than their qualification because despite 3-4 years at an Australian university they still do not have the English and socio-cultural skills to be employed at the level of their qualifications.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 11:17am

you see all those guys in the turbans riding around on mopeds and e-bikes everwhere delivering kfc to people? yeah, a lot of them are supposed to be 'students'

cameron murray on how questionable the education 'export' industry is, and the figures on how much money it generates so often thrown around to justify it:

https://www.fresheconomicthinking.com/p/australias-40-billion-of-education

just another rort in the ezfka

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 11:23am

Would you rather drive to KFC?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 11:24am

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2023 at 11:23am:

i have never used a delivery service in my life and almost never eat fast food anyway

i would rather have less guys in turbans than more kfc

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 23rd, 2023 at 11:35am

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2023 at 11:23am:

It is hardly the point of a higher education policy to have food home delivered.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print