Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Albo (Read 3074 times)
Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Albo
Jun 6th, 2022 at 8:10pm

Is just killing , over there smoothing things with indo after that awful liberal government caused nothing but global trade sanctions .

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Albo
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2022 at 9:53pm

Grovelling to the Indo Muslims gets nowhere.

Catholic Phillipines, Papuans, Timorese, Micronesians, Balinese and all the indigenous Indonesians (Irian Jayans) - gonna kick some Indo Moslem arse soon.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 1:11am

Labor majority government wrote on Jun 6th, 2022 at 8:10pm:
Is just killing , over there smoothing things with indo after that awful liberal government caused nothing but global trade sanctions .

Well - it wasn't us killed their journos all those years ago.... did a Black Kettle thing to 'em... fired on them and deliberately shot them down when they were under the Australian flag..... I think Joko has a lot of fence-mending to do.... so he can stop acting all uppity.... accept his place .... apart from Bali you ain't got nothin' .... and only the losers go there.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 4:20am

The Wong/Albo government have hit the ground running. Last week Wong gave away one of our navy patrol boats to Samoa, soon to be in Chinas control, yesterday she was in Indonesia holding Albos hand as he gave Joko $400,000,000 for a positive photo shoot with lots of smiles, hand shakes and a short bike ride. Joko doesn't give a rats arse about Australia but the money was accepted unconditionally.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 8:06am

Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/Feeney4Batman/status/1533265890799947777

That didn't take long, did it?

Quote:
Chris Quirk
@Chrisquirk
·
Jun 5
Replying to
@Feeney4Batman
and
@newscorpaus
They are taking the absolute piss

^^^^^^^^ Surely it has to be this?

Unbelievable.

Edit: Ah! From "Relevant people" on the right side of that link:

Quote:
News Corp Australia
@newscorpaus
We are the #1 destination for news, lifestyle, sport and business and play a key role in the lives of consumers.

Not "people" or "Australians" but "consumers".

Says it all for the right wing Murdoch media.

« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2022 at 8:12am by Carl D »  

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 8:09am

Jasin wrote on Jun 6th, 2022 at 9:53pm:

Catholic Phillipines, Papuans, Timorese, Micronesians, Balinese and all the indigenous Indonesians (Irian Jayans) - gonna kick some Indo Moslem arse soon.

HAHAHA!!! Sad old men crying for terrorism.  You lose

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 9:43am

I am not stuck on either side of politics

It is good that Anthony goes visiting our neighbouring countries.
And he rides a bike with another leader, terrific.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 11:03am

Johnnie wrote on Jun 7th, 2022 at 4:20am:
The Wong/Albo government have hit the ground running. Last week Wong gave away one of our navy patrol boats to Samoa, soon to be in Chinas control, yesterday she was in Indonesia holding Albos hand as he gave Joko $400,000,000 for a positive photo shoot with lots of smiles, hand shakes and a short bike ride. Joko doesn't give a rats arse about Australia but the money was accepted unconditionally.

Realistically, Joko would be super concerned about CCP expansionism - look at what happened in 1942.... top maps Japan Man - bottom map Chinee Man.. you look now:-

Here China craim for 'backyard swimming pool'!  Ha-ha - Numbah Ten!  Every inch border China land!  Rike Hell!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2022 at 11:14am

Ha-ha - coming soon to featre ne' you -
Big Trouble In Big China! 

......star Joe Biden, Antonio Albanese, introduce Penny Wang... (actors shown representative only)...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 5:28pm

Channelling Sleepy Joe

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSdGRghqa/?k=1

IBI

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 6:52pm

We should make a preemptive strike and turn off our iron ore conveyor belt for a few months to cripple them, they will be melting down their new aircraft carrier just to make microwave ovens to meet their domestic market in no time, and then bomb Beijing.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 7:36pm

The Wong/Albo government have hit the ground running

they certainly have. I tell tell from the rest of your rant that you are struggling with it  Good times!

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 7:42pm

The Wong/Albo government have hit the ground running.

Indeed.

They've been very impressive so far.

Full marks to them   Smiley

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 8:24pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 8th, 2022 at 7:42pm:

Indeed.

Absolutely killing it , howwww good is Australia

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 8:57pm

Labor majority government wrote on Jun 8th, 2022 at 8:24pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 8th, 2022 at 7:42pm:

Indeed.

Absolutely killing it , howwww good is Australia

Its against the rules to change and delete posts or parts thereof here, you are all in big trouble and it just goes to show your pathetic desperate attempts to be do-gooders is doing you in.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:30am

Labor majority government wrote on Jun 6th, 2022 at 8:10pm:

You mean over there licking arse? Miam miam.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:34am

Jasin wrote on Jun 6th, 2022 at 9:53pm:

The indigenous people are Melanesians of West Papua....

Irian Jaya is just an Indo name for the lands they invaded & those Indos there are Javanese.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 11:59am

Gnads wrote on Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:30am:
You mean over there licking arse? Miam miam.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

jealousy is a curse

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 9:21am

Anthony Albanese has over-estimated himself his whole political life

Two years ago I stood before a cheering crowd at the Canterbury-Hurlstone Park RSL Club in Sydney, where I claimed victory for Labor. “I’ve been underestimated my whole life,” I triumphantly proclaimed.

That was true. But reflecting on my government’s many failings during the last two years, particularly the rising cost of living and the inability to protect this country from both external and internal threats, I’ve reluctantly reached a conclusion. And that is I’ve over-estimated myself for my whole political life.

I promised on election night that I would seek “common purpose and promote unity” and “not fear and division”. For good measure I also added: “It is what I have sought to do throughout my political life”. But the truth is I have long revelled in conflict, division, and petty sniping. That is my nature.

I have presented many faces to the public, a practice otherwise known as telling the audience what they want to hear. Two months before the 2022 election, I gave an interview to The Daily Telegraph, claiming Labor was “the party of mainstream Australia”. I made a big show of distancing myself from the Greens, saying I was pro-business and would implement economically “realistic” policies.

That was a façade. I knew it was a façade. You knew it was a façade. Only ten years before I had, as a cabinet minister in the Gillard government, tearfully lamented that the upheaval in Labor’s leadership was distracting me from my core business of class warfare.

“I like fighting Tories,” I said. “It’s what I do.”

That was one of the rare occasions the public got to see an upfront Anthony Albanese. I was a teenager when I embraced far-left politics, and I’ve never relinquished the ideology of envy and antagonism. I define myself not by what I’m for but what I’m against.

As for my love of fighting, that needs qualifying. I’m big on shrill denunciations while pointing the finger at the other side. I’ll posture for the camera and yell exhortations like “smash her”, when a member of the Opposition speaks. It’s all theatre, though. In short, I’m a piss and wind warrior.

“I won’t run and hide from responsibility,” I said in a pre-election speech. “I won’t go missing when the going gets tough.” It’s just my ticker that will go missing, I should have added. They were just a couple of the many promises and assurances I have given over the last few years, all of which were about as believable as a bedtime fairy tale.

I told the Australian public on the eve of the election: “Labor will be every bit as strong in defending Australian values against any push by China or any nation trying to undermine them”. So what did I do when a Chinese warship deliberately used its sonar to injure our naval divers? I kept that under wraps until I finished my pre-departure press conference at San Francisco, so the media couldn’t ask me if I’d raised this incident with President Xi Jinping during our APEC summit meeting.

I’m forever telling everyone that my government is “keeping Australians safe,” yet I refuse to call out the growing number of Islamic extremists in this country. I’m paralysed by the thought of losing safe Labor seats in Western Sydney. Every aspect of our foreign policy concerning the Middle East is assessed according to that narrow consideration.

My government even refused a modest request by the US to send a warship into the Red Sea as part of a global effort to protect shipping lanes from Houthi rebel attacks. Do you know who praised us for that decision? China’s state-owned media, that’s who. “It is sensible for Australia to continue distancing itself from the US”, said the Global Times. That says it all.

I know that Jews throughout the Western world, including those in Australia, increasingly fear for their safety. One reason for that here is my government offers only token support for them, because we are more worried about offending Muslim voters.

Take for example my reaction to the disgraceful protests outside the Sydney Opera House just days after the horrific atrocities of October 7. Asked at a press conference about that ugly demonstration, I resorted to false equivalence. “I’m concerned about the rise of anti-Semitism,” I said. “I’m concerned as well about Islamophobia, which has impacted in this country as well,” I added. To put that in context, many of Western Sydney’s Middle Eastern residents had only hours before taken to the streets to celebrate the biggest mass murder of Jewish civilians since the Holocaust, and there I was waving the anti-Islamophobia finger.
As for my commitment to protecting Australia’s borders, that’s also a farce. As of April, three boatloads of illegal maritime arrivals had reached the mainland. Fear not, I said, our commitment to maintaining Operation Sovereign Borders has not changed. Just like I insisted repeatedly that we would honour our promise to implement the Morrison government’s Stage 3 tax cuts. “My word is my bond,” I would say. “Our position has not changed.” And I continued these reassurances and denials right up until the moment I announced we had reneged on our commitment. So much for my election campaign launch declaration when I said: “I can promise you I’ll always tell it straight.”

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 9:24am

I wasn’t being straight with you when I said that day that the average household power bill would fall by $275 under a Labor government. I wasn’t being straight with you when I said there would be no changes to taxes on superannuation. I wasn’t being straight with you when I told you I would commission a full inquiry into the nation’s response to the pandemic. And I wasn’t being straight with you when I insisted that the proposed Indigenous voice to parliament – which would have meant entrenching a racially based activist group in our constitution – would function merely as an “advisory body”.

As I mentioned, I said I wanted to emulate Hawke and Keating. Like them or loathe them, you knew who was running the country when they held the top job. Now commentators mention those two in conjunction with my name only to demonstrate the jarring contrast between their cabinets and mine. I’m Prime Minister in name only. ‘I’m way out of my depth’ doesn’t begin to describe it. I’m a political midget trying to straddle the Mariana Trench.

If I remain in this position, I have three prospects. First, I could be the first Prime Minister in nearly 100 years to lead a first-term government to defeat. Second, I could be rolled by my own party before the next election. Third, I could end up with a hung parliament next year. I’d have to share a podium with Greens leader Adam Bandt, and everyone would know who was wearing the trousers.

I cannot face any of those possibilities. Accordingly, I have formally advised the Governor-General that I will step down as Prime Minister today.

On a brighter note, this just happens to be the date I qualify for an indexed prime ministerial pension of around $400K a year. Not a bad little earner to supplement an already lucrative property portfolio. You didn’t expect me to fight the Tories for free, surely?

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/anthony-albanese-has-overestima...

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 28th, 2024 at 10:09am

Albo?
He strikes me as a wannabe Bob Hawk but lacking the intellect or charisma.

His the second choice after Shorten and together are two of the “ faceless men” that destroyed labor last they were in government.

Very few people actually voted for Albo, many like myself put him first only to ensure Scomo came last.

As his popularity is plummeting his sidelining Wong, who I believe is much smarter and a far better choice of leader for our country.

I don’t want Dutton but I admit his doing a fantastic job as opposition leader.
I’m just nervous he hastily cleaned up the corruption that was the legacy of Scomo government?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 28th, 2024 at 10:29am

Daves2017 wrote on Apr 28th, 2024 at 10:09am:
Albo?
... his sidelining Wong, who I believe is much smarter and a far better choice of leader for our country. ...

Indeed.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 28th, 2024 at 1:12pm

Albo?

His the second choice after Shorten and together are two of the “ faceless men” that destroyed labor last they were in government.

Very few people actually voted for Albo, many like myself put him first only to ensure Scomo came last.

As his popularity is plummeting his sidelining Wong, who I believe is much smarter and a far better choice of leader for our country.

I’m just nervous he hastily cleaned up the corruption that was the legacy of Scomo government?

Wong is unelectable.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Apr 28th, 2024 at 1:39pm

Frank wrote on Apr 28th, 2024 at 1:12pm:
Albo?

Wong is unelectable.

Not at all - she would do well.

Not everyone in Australia is a homophobic, racist misogynist like you old boy.

A homosexual, Asian woman as our PM would be delightful, if not for any other reason than triggering people such as yourself.

Wink

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 28th, 2024 at 5:53pm

.... is a man with a plan ..... he plans to bring current Labor down and re-install its software so as to make it once more a party of and for the people.... you saw how he sabotaged 'the voice' nonsense and how he is fumbling with his flies over Israel being violated ... then there's immigration massive ..... internal 'treaties' with allegedly equal citizens (Land Enclosures Act 2024) ... refusal to get onboard with the proper review of the gender ideology madness .....

What else could he be expecting apart from the utter rejection, by the voting public, of current Labor and its lost way?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 28th, 2024 at 11:11pm

Wong is unelectable - people are finally waking up ... the voice, the gender wars, the Chinese suck-up ball licking, Israelophobia ...... she's going down....

Remind me again HTF she was ever elected in the first place, would you?

I'm working on being like Admiral King USN, in my old age - "... the most even-tempered person in the (United States Navy) Ozpol. He is always in a rage."

grrrrrr..... growl, growl... bite, bite.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #26 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 10:39am

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 10:58am

Captain Nemo wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 10:39am:

Yeah, his the PM .

Really out of his depth in anything other than a pop media photo shoot.

Actually pathetic ego

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #28 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 11:07am

Albo is a total dud

IBI

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 11:26am

Gordon wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 11:07am:
Albo is a total dud

"I’m the Prime Minister, I run this country.”

He's a squeaky little numpty.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 11:26am

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2024 at 1:39pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 28th, 2024 at 1:12pm:
Albo?

Wong is unelectable.

Not at all - she would do well.

Not everyone in Australia is a homophobic, racist misogynist like you old boy.

A homosexual, Asian woman as our PM would be delightful, if not for any other reason than triggering people such as yourself.

Wink

Unelectable.

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 2:17pm

Frank wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 11:26am:
Albo is a total dud

“ Albanese had the chance to come and listen to the speakers.

Instead, he came and spoke and having said his piece turned his back and drove off. “

“ Abcnews

This explains why his Anzac Day speech was held overseas in as remote area as possible and only reported on by a select group of five invited ( and paid for by taxpayers) journalists.

His advisers don’t trust him in public unless they have full control.

He really believes his bigger than Jesus now!

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 1st, 2024 at 9:33pm

Daves2017 wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 2:17pm:
Albo is a total dud

“ Albanese had the chance to come and listen to the speakers.

Instead, he came and spoke and having said his piece turned his back and drove off. “

“ Abcnews

This explains why his Anzac Day speech was held overseas in as remote area as possible and only reported on by a select group of five invited ( and paid for by taxpayers) journalists.

His advisers don’t trust him in public unless they have full control.

He really believes his bigger than Jesus now!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 5th, 2024 at 11:19pm

Is very flexible - he can turn on a two dollar coin and twist and turn like a snake ....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 5th, 2024 at 11:22pm

Albo is a total dud

And that's where they all get it wrong - the country runs them - and soon will re-take that hill.... take back the asylum ... we already hold the pub and the whore-house - we've got 'em on the run!!

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 9th, 2024 at 9:04am

Here's a beauty:-

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/news/allowing-australians-to-access-super-to-pay...

"Letting Australians access superannuation to buy their first home would blow a hole of up to $2.5bn a year in the budget by the end of the decade, according to Deloitte modelling for the super industry.

The modelling for the Super Members Council, released on Thursday, shows a mounting annual and cumulative cost to the budget primarily from more people relying on the aged pension due to lower super balances at retirement."

So the entire edifice comes unraveled one bit at a time.... but sooooo slowly it's a slow motion train wreck...  so now either desperation drives Australians Young to drag on their tiny super fund to even own a HOME, and so, ultimately, that means less in retirement and thus more dependence on social security in retirement.... or they never have a chance of owning a HOME.

And who weeps for the dead?  In government they weep for their 'budget' - a possible forward estimate of what might remotely happen, without checks and balances and even a proper public reckoning after the 'X year plan' has expired  - instead of weeping for those increasingly forced to live in Shadowlands (in more than one way) as a result of their 'budget' and other madness - when Albocorp finish Handover to the Abestinians of Ausrael, we'll ALL be living in Shadowland - every simple right scrutinised and subject to over-ride by the four per centers - a politician's dream - and like Hitler being appointed boss - Albocorp are assuming they can CONTROL the Abestinians once they are handed power over the land, water and resources.... good luck, idiots...

Truly we live in dangerous times for OUR west - with OUR style of 'government' .... and for poor fellow - my country (I started using that years ago now - and it is also becoming mainstream, even in the media - Peta Credlin used it one night - one of the rare occasions I look in on Channel 37) ...

Poor Fellow - My Country!  I've been wondering why that song 'Woodstock' has been going through my mind lately.... "we are star dust - we are fallen" ...... and today we must choose faces (stolen from Roger Zelazny - Today We Choose Faces) ........ are we star dust......... or are we simply fallen..............?????

Which will you choose?  To stand for Right - even if the heavens fall ..... or to go under quietly into the darkness of Shadowlands?

I have GOT to find my feet again.... I've got books to write.  Shut meself off from saving you bastards from yourselves for a year or so... might help...
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2024 at 9:15am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #36 - May 9th, 2024 at 10:32am

Do you have a link to support this claim mate???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 10th, 2024 at 11:56pm

The referendum was a disaster.

Now it’s all about domestic violence.

Albo, honestly, cut government taxes and levies and fees.

That’s what is driving cost of living!

I suggest for debate domestic violence would decline if relationships weren’t in such dire finical circumstances?

But look over here- 600 million for PNG nrl team?

Bring on the next election!

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - May 11th, 2024 at 10:20am

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 11th, 2024 at 6:35pm

**pulls up rock at fireside for evening chat**

"Today I just want to look at some of that history I always talk about and the parallels with the modern day - the more things change, the more they stay the same - or grow darker...  I'll quote from Airey Neave in "Nuremburg", p.10-11.......

"It (the evidence) demonstrated what kind of people perpetrated these colossal racist abominations.

They were not supermen.  They were 'ordinary people', doctors, lawyers, architects, professional soldiers, politicians and businessmen, invested by Hitler with unbridled power.  They were artists and intellectuals, who prostituted their gifts in pursuit of the Nazi Revolution of Destruction.

Most of these men and women began life in ordinary circumstances.  As their power increased, they learned to wield it without restraint.  Manipulation, perversion and corruption of the law, allied to absolute rule unchecked by legal and democratic sanction, turned many of them into beasts.........

.........Many of the Nazi officials were weak, easily lead and toadies to Hitler.  They were the products of disillusionment in a country ruined by the inflation and acute unemployment of the '20's.  When Hitler was appointed Chancellor of Germany in January 1933 and began his efforts to establish a totalitarian regime, they became petty tyrants under his leadership.  Local party bosses, SS concentration camp guards, Gestapo and SD officials enjoyed total authority.

We should remember that the Nazi Party achieved this power through the ballot box.

In the Reichstag elections of 1933, the system of proportional representation gave them only 43.9 per cent of the total vote.  Uncomprehending of the true nature of Nazism, political parties, save the Social Democrats who fought bravely, agreed to their own dissolution.  By the end of July 1933 democracy was dead.  The terror increased as Hitler had often threatened.  By October 1933 there were no political parties save Hitler's and 26,000 of his opponents were under the 'protection' of the Gestapo."

"43.9% you say?   Hmmm - how then about the enforced implementation of a doctrine and ideology against the will of the people when that doctrine etc had ONLY received 39% of the vote and the remainder of parties etc did not resign.... and yet it goes ahead on a daily basis.... and it is what it says up in Neave's statement....

"Colossal racist abominations."

The people didn't VOTE for this at all - they voted it down..... and you imagine our modern, current government is not worse than the Nazis in their sheer determination to destroy our democracy and reduce the people under despotism for their own ends... and even a cursory glance at this insane 'voice' agenda being pushed by stealth every single day of the week - shows even to the casual observer that a disaster of national proportions is being visited upon us all.  My QUESTION was and remains - WHY is this being done?  Nobody is that stupid, so it is clearly an intended thing seeking an intended outcome.... not one iota of which the people have voted FOR, but against - and not one iota of which will do anything FOR the majority in this country or even for those in the minority being pushed to the top without merit.  Nothing new there, of course - all 'social science based' initiatives are the same - sweep through with a broad brush leaving the entire field blank and dark apart from the few chosen spots required by the fantasy.

I grow old - and the world grows darker around me.....

I think that's enough for you all to think on - and dream on if you dare....."

« Last Edit: May 11th, 2024 at 7:10pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #40 - May 18th, 2024 at 3:01pm

I'm predicting there will be an attempt by the Federal ALP to have Albanese replaced as leader and PM before next year's Federal Election.

Just by reading all of the comments on social media, etc. and talking to people when I'm out shopping I honestly believe he would have to be the most despised PM (and individual) this country has ever seen... and he's had some pretty tough 'competition' over the years.

If he isn't replaced before the election I'm certain the ALP will be facing one of the biggest election wipeouts in history. Mind you, I'm 100% sure they are going to lose anyway (and they deserve to) but they will probably lose by a lot less with Albanese gone.

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 23rd, 2024 at 7:25am

It’s no longer premature to say it: Anthony Albanese is simply out of his depth as our Prime Minister.

In terms of judgment, character, leadership and the intellectual heft required to grapple with the complex challenges of these times, Australians are waking up to the sad reality that this emperor has no clothes.

At one time his support for the voice might have been put down to an excess of goodwill; his support for re-regulating the workplace the result of union paymasters calling in their debts; his energy follies, in part, the result of his faction’s long war with the Greens; his inertia on national security exposed by his own admission as opposition leader that he would never have the fortitude to turn back boats, hence his preference for open borders and Big Australia.

But taken cumulatively with his refusal this week to state a position on the International Criminal Court’s moral equivalence between the actions of liberal democratic Israel in self-defence and the atrocities of the designated terrorist group Hamas, it shows a damning deficiency of judgment and character.

Albanese only scraped into office in the first place, almost without declared policies and with a record low Labor primary vote, on the back of the electorate’s disdain for Scott Morrison. The record number of independents now in the parliament testifies to voters’ disenchantment with politics as usual from both sides. Still, the tendency to give first-term incumbents the benefit of the doubt makes a teal-Greens-backed minority government the most likely option from an election that could well happen this year. Almost certainly that would only reinforce the tribal leftism of this beyond mediocre Prime Minister.

Pete Credlin calls it.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - May 23rd, 2024 at 12:15pm

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 23rd, 2024 at 12:56pm

Frank wrote on May 23rd, 2024 at 7:25am:
It’s no longer premature to say it: Anthony Albanese is simply out of his depth as our Prime Minister.

In terms of judgment, character, leadership and the intellectual heft required to grapple with the complex challenges of these times, Australians are waking up to the sad reality that this emperor has no clothes.

At one time his support for the voice might have been put down to an excess of goodwill; his support for re-regulating the workplace the result of union paymasters calling in their debts; his energy follies, in part, the result of his faction’s long war with the Greens; his inertia on national security exposed by his own admission as opposition leader that he would never have the fortitude to turn back boats, hence his preference for open borders and Big Australia.

But taken cumulatively with his refusal this week to state a position on the International Criminal Court’s moral equivalence between the actions of liberal democratic Israel in self-defence and the atrocities of the designated terrorist group Hamas, it shows a damning deficiency of judgment and character.

Albanese only scraped into office in the first place, almost without declared policies and with a record low Labor primary vote, on the back of the electorate’s disdain for Scott Morrison. The record number of independents now in the parliament testifies to voters’ disenchantment with politics as usual from both sides. Still, the tendency to give first-term incumbents the benefit of the doubt makes a teal-Greens-backed minority government the most likely option from an election that could well happen this year. Almost certainly that would only reinforce the tribal leftism of this beyond mediocre Prime Minister.

Pete Credlin calls it.

Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 23rd, 2024 at 12:58pm

Carl D wrote on May 18th, 2024 at 3:01pm:
I'm predicting there will be an attempt by the Federal ALP to have Albanese replaced as leader and PM before next year's Federal Election.

Just by reading all of the comments on social media, etc. and talking to people when I'm out shopping I honestly believe he would have to be the most despised PM (and individual) this country has ever seen... and he's had some pretty tough 'competition' over the years.

If he isn't replaced before the election I'm certain the ALP will be facing one of the biggest election wipeouts in history. Mind you, I'm 100% sure they are going to lose anyway (and they deserve to) but they will probably lose by a lot less with Albanese gone.

Albo was always a bad pick.

I said all along that they should have gone with Jason Clare.

https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Parliamentarian?MPID=HWL

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - May 23rd, 2024 at 1:41pm

albo is a bit of a beta male
a bit directionless
comes from a frame of "do you like me, please like me"
hes a bit "weak sauce"
he panders to the electorate
lacks penetrating masculine energy
tends to be at the effect, not the cause
tends to react, not to act
lacks a bit of confidence and conviction

in all, he's like 90 % of the population

just adrift and with no real vision and trying to follow the path of least resistance

i feel sorry for the little bloke

most people who hate on him (and theres really not much to hate) are really hating on themselves and the failure he manifests being triggering to the failure in their own lives

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - May 23rd, 2024 at 5:26pm

Albo seems more concerned about using tax payer funds to keep the NRL afloat than helping Australians

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #47 - May 24th, 2024 at 10:44am

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #48 - May 24th, 2024 at 11:17am

2 years into a 3 year term, no wonder Albo is panicking. 

It seems certain that Labor will lose majority government next year, but it is possible that the "unthinkable" could happen. Dutton may become PM.  Shocked

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - May 24th, 2024 at 11:18am

Captain Nemo wrote on May 24th, 2024 at 11:17am:
It seems certain that Labor will lose majority government next year, but it is possible that the "unthinkable" could happen. Dutton may become PMShocked

God help us all   Sad

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - May 24th, 2024 at 1:14pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 24th, 2024 at 11:18am:
It seems certain that Labor will lose majority government next year, but it is possible that the "unthinkable" could happen. Dutton may become PMShocked

God help us all   Sad

mother nature (aka GOD) wants people like pete to lead

strong
powerful
unapologetic
has direction in life
family man
mentor to great kids
helped aboriginal youth by teaching them self respect and resilience (making them walk to town rather then play the victim)
a proven coal face law and order leader
deep booming voice (not squeaky)
bald indicating high testosterone
tall

nature has called upon him to lead and he has taken on the burden willingly

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - May 24th, 2024 at 1:56pm

Albo's doing a great job.

Trade is on the up and up.
All our neighbours are talking to us again.
Interest rates are dropping and lower than they were under the libs.
Electricity prices falling for most of the country
Tax cuts kick in next month

Albo's a shoe in for the next election

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - May 24th, 2024 at 3:07pm

John Smith wrote on May 24th, 2024 at 1:56pm:
Albo's doing a great job.

Trade is on the up and up.
All our neighbours are talking to us again.
Interest rates are dropping and lower than they were under the libs.
Electricity prices falling for most of the country
Tax cuts kick in next month

Albo's a shoe in for the next election

Oh, goodie -now all we have to do is put a stop to the State insanity of seeking treaties... even Queensland The Brave - The Smrat State - has figured on a 'need' for 154 'treaties'... what utter nonsense - we're all either in or out of Australia.... and as for Victoria - who really GAF what they do to self-destruct?  Gaga Strip?  What can you expect from a mad-house of Ham-Assed Clowns running the show?

At least the NT Coroner has shown some balls and stated clearly that 76 out of 81 women killed since 2000 are Aboriginal...... not including the remotes where women and girls just vanish .... don't laugh - it's true... I get sick of you rednecks calling me names when I'm the only one even mentioning such things.. mothra and co never do - they really don't GAF about Aborigines... it's just cover for slagging others...

Now if Albo would just come down on the States and tell them they have no right to persist with something the people voted down and that as states they have no right to treat with anyone anyway, and it's time to stop their petty play for power over the people.

I'm leaning more and more towards Mansell's Two State solution - but the difference between us is that he wants his 'state for Aborigines' to be part of mainstream while not being mainstream - to swim in the sea of funds and Macca's etc and have all rights to stop anything etc at whim while being part of the community with special rights while being somehow 'separate' - I prefer a genuine territorial solution of Two States ....

Talk about woolly-headed thinking from your Aboriginal 'separatists' - they want no such thing - like the 'feminists' and all the other fringe rat-bags they simply want the top spot as if by some 'right'..... don't make me laugh....

― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - May 24th, 2024 at 4:37pm

aquascoot wrote on May 24th, 2024 at 1:14pm:

God help us all   Sad

Well, it certainly doesn't want him kidnapping & assaulting Aboriginal children, driving them out into the bush, stealing their shoes and then making them walk home at night.

Sociopaths do, though.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - May 24th, 2024 at 4:50pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 24th, 2024 at 4:37pm:
aquascoot wrote on May 24th, 2024 at 1:14pm:

God help us all   Sad

Well, it certainly doesn't want him kidnapping & assaulting Aboriginal children, driving them out into the bush, stealing their shoes and then making them walk home at night.

Sociopaths do, though.

Were you one of those Yogo-Aboriginal children, unflushable?
Or are you once again, as usual, peddling malicious BS.

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 11:43pm

Read in the news today Albo and his staff have been unable to enter their office for over a year due to pro Palestinian protestors stopping them?

I'll make this quick.

What a weak arse blonde hair dyed gutless man we have running the country.

I have no respect for him anymore.

How can he pretends to leader of the country and he can't even get into his own office?

Gutless wimp

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #56 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 10:50am

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #57 - Jun 12th, 2024 at 10:37am

Should Albo be worried at this stage of the election cycle?

I reckon he should be very worried.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #58 - Jun 12th, 2024 at 5:12pm

He should be worried based on the polling.

Same with QLD Labor.

Not because they've done anything wrong, in fact both have enacted some long overdue policy and legislative changes, it's just that it's benefitted us the people at the expense of Corporations and the Mining companies.

Labor faces challenges with public perception, partly due to negative media coverage from corporate-owned outlets. This opposition stems from Labor's efforts to ensure corporations pay their fair share of taxes, which goes against the interests of powerful media owners.

What gets little airtime is the positive changes they've made that actually benefit us, including:

Tax Cuts for Middle and Working Class:
Labor implemented substantial tax cuts for the middle and working classes, which were originally proposed by the Liberal Party. Unlike the Liberal approach, Labor ensured that these tax cuts benefitted the general population rather than being skewed towards the wealthy.

Recovery of Stolen Wages:
Labor rectified the issue of $130 billion in wages stolen from workers due to loopholes in workers' protection laws. These loopholes, drilled by the Liberals, allowed big businesses to withhold wages. Labor's actions have returned this significant sum to the workers.

Pro-Worker Budget:
The recent Labor budget is described as the most pro-worker in decades. Key measures include:
- $300 Energy Rebates: Assistance for energy costs to alleviate financial pressure.
- 10% Increase in Rental Assistance: Additional support for renters.
- Lower Student Loans: Reduced financial burden on students.
- $20 Billion for Manufacturing and Green Economy: Investment to revive Australia's manufacturing sector with a focus on the green economy.

Historic Corporate Tax Evasion Laws:
Labor introduced robust laws to combat corporate tax evasion, positioning Australia as a global leader in this area. These laws include:
- Enhanced transparency requirements for subsidiaries.
- Limits on deductions multinationals can claim on interest.
- Significant increases in penalties for tax evasion.

Increased Corporate Tax Collection:
Under Labor, corporate tax collection has significantly increased, with taxes collected from the corporate sector rising from 20.7% under the Liberals to 27.9%.

Economic Measures for Youth:
Despite criticism from some young people, Labor has implemented measures aimed at improving their economic situation, including lower university fees, cheaper rent, and more employment opportunities in a sustainable economy.

Fair Tax Enforcement:
Labor has empowered the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to pursue large-scale tax evaders more effectively. This has resulted in the recovery of $1 billion so far and the introduction of measures to prevent companies from using complex structures to avoid taxes.

They've actually been doing a great job, you just wouldn't know it because they've been governing in our best interests, not of those who control the narrative.

And in all of the above areas, the Liberals have voted to block every single one of them, yet people want to vote them back in.

Good choice /s

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jun 12th, 2024 at 6:55pm

Daves2017 wrote on Jun 6th, 2024 at 11:43pm:
Read in the news today Albo and his staff have been unable to enter their office for over a year due to pro Palestinian protestors stopping them?

I'll make this quick.

What a weak arse blonde hair dyed gutless man we have running the country.

I have no respect for him anymore.

How can he pretends to leader of the country and he can't even get into his own office?

Gutless wimp

There's that.

We get Labor governments when we forget how good we have it under the conservatives (who are only a smidge to the right of the left of centre left Labor bozos).

ScoMo was the man of the machine. Albo is also a machine man, now as farce.
If ScoMo was from marketing, Albo is from 'fighting Tories' student unions.

Dutton is noticing that being a Turnbull - indistinguishable from Labor - is not an option and ScoMo was mistaken to be Labor light. 

The let down with every non-lefty government in the West is that they facilitate and do not actually do anything different.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #60 - Jun 14th, 2024 at 11:19pm

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #61 - Jun 16th, 2024 at 6:39pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Jun 14th, 2024 at 11:19pm:

Who the hell is that in that photo?

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #62 - Jun 16th, 2024 at 9:43pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 16th, 2024 at 6:39pm:
Captain Nemo wrote on Jun 14th, 2024 at 11:19pm:

Who the hell is that in that photo?

John Setka is an Australian trade unionist. He is secretary of the Victorian-Tasmanian division of the Construction, Forestry, Maritime, and Energy Union, which also administers the South Australian division under a temporary arrangement. He is a controversial figure in the Australian trade union movement.

Li Qiang is a Chinese politician. He became the 8th premier of the People's Republic of China in March 2023, having been elevated to the second-ranking member on the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee Politburo Standing Committee in October 2022

Anthony Norman Albanese is an Australian politician serving as the 31st and current prime minister of Australia since 2022. He has been leader of the Australian Labor Party since 2019 and the member of parliament for the division of Grayndler since 1996.

Or ... "One Term Tony" as some prefer to call him.  Wink

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #63 - Jun 16th, 2024 at 9:48pm

Dutton edges ahead as preferred PM as voters thump Labor over economy

Forty per cent of voters now rank Peter Dutton, left, and the Coalition as best to manage the economy, with only 24 per cent naming Anthony Albanese and Labor.

Peter Dutton has gained a narrow lead over Anthony Albanese as preferred prime minister after a significant shift in his favour during disputes on climate, immigration and the economy.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/dutton-edges-ahead-as-voters-thump-la...

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #64 - Jun 17th, 2024 at 8:13am

Captain Nemo wrote on Jun 16th, 2024 at 9:48pm:
Forty per cent of voters now rank Peter Dutton, left, and the Coalition as best to manage the economy, with only 24 per cent naming Anthony Albanese and Labor.

That's what happens when Labor governs in our best interest, closing corporate tax loopholes and ensuring a return from our resources taken from the ground.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jun 17th, 2024 at 9:00am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 17th, 2024 at 8:13am:

That's what happens when Labor governs in our best interest, closing corporate tax loopholes and ensuring a return from our resources taken from the ground.

You mean we don't like it when Labor governs in our best interest?  Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #66 - Jun 17th, 2024 at 10:22am

Frank wrote on Jun 17th, 2024 at 9:00am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 17th, 2024 at 8:13am:

You mean we don't like it when Labor governs in our best interest?  Shocked Shocked

The lobby groups are doing their best to destroy Labor because they want the Libs back in to undo the changes, them over us.

They're painting Labor as being a terrible government and for the masses who don't spend the time to check their actual record, it's easy to just accept it, which the polls reflect.

All of those points are hugely popular AND positive, not just popularity nonsense to win votes, but the media narrative today is the successful interception of a boat with Chinese nationals on it heading to Australia.  Of course, it would not be reported under a Liberal government or if it got out it would show they're being strong on the borders etc, but because it's Labor, it's being painted as a sign of them being weak on border control, even through it's the exact same thing.

Those controlling the narrative had an interest in returning the Libs to power because the Libs govern for them, not us.  At least while they keep the donations and the jobs for the boys coming, which they do.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #67 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 12:37am

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 8:29am

They take that poll down the local dementia clinic ...
https://i.imgur.com/LPEtQVI.jpg

Peter Dutton has gained a narrow lead over Anthony Albanese as preferred prime minister after a significant shift in his favour during disputes on climate, immigration and the economy.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/dutton-edges-ahead-as-voters-thump-la...

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #69 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 8:47am

Labor majority government wrote on Jun 18th, 2024 at 8:29am:

They take that poll down the local dementia clinic ...
https://i.imgur.com/LPEtQVI.jpg

It's a scary thought because the bulk of the issues we face today are because of the Coalition's style of economic management.

But sure, hand it back over to them, they'll fix it...

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 9:28am

That's a good point. The majority of our issues are from the previous government.
Very rarely are they not.

Indeed that's why we booted scomo and LNP.

We wanted change, we instead got Abo and his referendum followed by not much else other than a taxpayer funded NRL team in PNG.

I can see a Green - Labor government a better answer than Dutton LNP.

But I'd want a Green PM. The Labor and libs need to understand they are no longer relevant to the Australian people.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #71 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 9:44am

Daves2017 wrote on Jun 18th, 2024 at 9:28am:
That's a good point. The majority of our issues are from the previous government.
Very rarely are they not.

Indeed that's why we booted scomo and LNP.

We wanted change, we instead got Abo and his referendum followed by not much else other than a taxpayer funded NRL team in PNG.

I can see a Green - Labor government a better answer than Dutton LNP.

But I'd want a Green PM. The Labor and libs need to understand they are no longer relevant to the Australian people.

That's not true, they've actually done a lot that will bring in structural changes that will go towards resolving many of the issues that need fixing, it's just the narrative is ignoring those and only focusing on the areas they should have done more in.

The same areas where the Coalition have been voting against the changes they are trying to implement and claiming they want to do the opposite.

So Labor are being attacked because they're not doing enough, and rightly so, but the Libs are arguing to do less, or the opposite which would make the issue worse, so let's vote them back in?

It's a silly way of thinking, but a purposeful one being pushed.

It's the only reason people continue to support the Coalition. 

Labor are expected to fix everything in half a term when in office, and the Coalition doesn't have to do anything because they claim they are fixing X but in an economically minded way.

Which in reality is spending money enriching donors but not fixing X.

Fixing it quickly would cost too much, so they can do nothing for 10 years.

But Labor are expected to fix everything in half a term without spending anything otherwise they're accused of being drunken sailors etc.

And if they deliver a budget surplus, now they're bad too.

It's why we can't have nice things.

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 10:21am

That's not true, they've actually done a lot that will bring in structural changes that will go towards resolving many of the issues that need fixing, it's just the narrative is ignoring those and only focusing on the areas they should have done more in.

. [/quote]

If I was to pretend to see into the future I would first be very surprised if any of " Albo structure change" amount to anything and , secondly less surprised when "if" they occur they are watered down so much that they are completely irrelevant.

He unfortunately suffered delusion many when given great power suffered.

He believed the majority of Australians would follow him on the voice referendum.

That didn't.

He believed the majority of Australians would welcome record immigration.

That absolutely did not.

I'm not accusing him of being lazy. At other points in this country history such events could have been successful and deeply defining for our future..

I'm accusing him of being out of touch. When people are struggling to find a roof under which to live let alone afford electrical ( thanks to state Labor for privatization of that) plus food and cost of living.

Albos big ticket items just aren't what the country needed or voted him in to achieve.

He simply doesn't understand.

His virtual daily updates on the NRL ( note his team the rabbit are going very poorly) shows this.

The NRL isn't the most popular sport in Australia, not even close but following Scomoo , Alboo continues to think it will a dear him to the Australian public.

His completely out of touch with Australia.

He may have grand intentions but his failure in one term of government cannot be allowed be repeated.

Duddo if elected should take heed. If you cannot fix the real pressing issues facing Australia in three years don't move to many books into your new office. You to will be voted out in one term.

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 10:33am

Too simplify my argument -

If Duddo is now viewed as the best Prime Minister for Australia than Albo is a total failure!

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #74 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 10:35am

Daves2017 wrote on Jun 18th, 2024 at 10:33am:
Too simplify my argument -

If Duddo is now viewed as the best Prime Minister for Australia than Albo is a total failure!

Hard to argue against that.

It's funny how a number of what could be seen as "small issues" sometimes build up over the election cycle that add up to the government being flung out.

A few examples off the top of my head:

The year wasted on the shockingly misread "Voice" folly.
The awful incompetence of "Blackout" Bowen.
The dreadfully awful minister Linda Burney.
The woefully inadequate $300 power bill rebate desperation act.
Bill Shorten's $600,000 speech writer.
The shockingly incompetent minister Andrew Giles.
The shockingly incompetent minister Clare O'Neil.
The waffling dunderhead treasurer Jim Chalmers.
The dreadfully bad minister Bill Shorten.

At the very least, I reckon Labor will lose majority government and I think there is a strong possibility that Labor will be thrown out of office completely.

Much like Malcolm Turnbull, Albo is an arrogant self-serving fizzer.

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2024 at 10:42am by Captain Nemo »  

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 12:52pm

Clare O'Neil isn't available to answer questions at the moment -

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/clare-oneil-has-a-stitch-dan-tehan-slams-minister-for-running-away-from-press-conferences/video/800c86e878ee4069157683188d401fd2

Pathic example of democracy

"The federal government is promising greater public transparency over its handling of almost 150 people recently released from detention, as it fears further legal challenges will dramatically reshape parts of the nation's immigration system."

Clare obviously didn't get that memo?
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2024 at 1:06pm by Daves2017 »  

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #76 - Jun 20th, 2024 at 10:30am

What a surprise... another pay rise for the pollies.  Roll Eyes

Pollies, secretaries set for 3.5% pay rise after latest Remuneration Tribunal review

And...

https://x.com/NobodyImpawtant/status/1803292704920793498

Quote:
No pay rise left behind.

Bullseye!

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #77 - Jun 20th, 2024 at 10:34am

Carl D wrote on Jun 20th, 2024 at 10:30am:
What a surprise... another pay rise for the pollies.  Roll Eyes

Pollies, secretaries set for 3.5% pay rise after latest Remuneration Tribunal review

And...

https://x.com/NobodyImpawtant/status/1803292704920793498

Quote:
No pay rise left behind.

Bullseye!

I should have been a polly, clearly...

I don't think I'd ever make it long enough to be elected, let alone qualify for their pension...

The truth is too important.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Jun 20th, 2024 at 1:40pm

Albanese government are post turtles. ‘Post turtle’?

‘When you’re driving down a country road and come across a fence post with a turtle on top – that’s a “post turtle”. You know he didn’t get up there by himself, he doesn’t belong up there, he doesn’t know what to do while he’s up there. He’s elevated beyond his ability to function, and you wonder why anyone put him there in the first place.’

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #79 - Jun 21st, 2024 at 7:45pm

This grab is terrific!  Grin

What a great turn of phrase.  Cheesy

PM ‘shedding authority like fur from a sick cat’

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jul 2nd, 2024 at 7:21pm

Albo has declined to his invitation to visit Washington for a NATO meeting.

Citing he doesn’t want be associated with old sleeping joe and is incredible concerned about his first year in government and continue pointless holidays he enjoyed on the tax payers while “ blissfully “ under ware of the cost of living crisis in his only rarely visited home country.

A election is in the air!

I’m confident my bet against the pathetic favourite might buy a bucket of KFC!

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Jul 2nd, 2024 at 7:27pm

Albanese should not be missing in action from NATO summit
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese’s rejection of an invitation to attend the NATO summit in Washington joins a list of dubious decisions.

Quote smh

His running scared, too little to late Albo.

Goodbye Albo, miss you already Penny Wong

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jul 4th, 2024 at 10:25am

Out of touch - appoints an old party mate and hack who's spent time on the 'barricades' for 'a republic', 'the voice', the old worn-out 'women's rights', and all the other 'causes of the 'left', to the governor-general luxury spot for life.

Money's good for that kind of 'work' through a life, eh?  Rewards on all sides.. kudos... look how great I am ... this must vindicate and justify all those dopey things I 'stood for' in the barricades while enjoying a soft life.

The Colour Purple.... people like that don the purple toga and just head off without a care for the real people..... those who are forced to don the red toga and stand for all the ordinary folk including those in Tent Cities are just easy targets...

Albo shows just how far he - and the rest of the body politic - are out of touch with reality.

If she had any true honour given her disastrous career of following loser ideologies and wasn't just in it for the cash for life - she'd resign now and stand down forever.

But this is nothing more than a just reward for one of the purple toga.... the new colour purple signifying rulership in our neo-Feudal failed society ...... surely all rewards should go their way as deserved.... those Tent Cityites on the mosquito flats?  Let them eat cake.... kid's sick?  Let them sit in an emergency ward for hours and hours..... or try to find a doctor... those of the purple feel a little crook after a heavy meal?  Call the Court Physician!! Pay her weekly sufficient ready to fully cover 28 pensioners ....... plus all absolute luxury found that they will never get .... and the world's most fantastic 'superannuation' scheme.

Let THEM eat cake as well!!  Should've been political suck-holes in their life, eh?

The Colour Purple - The Colour Red
..... new book idea..
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2024 at 10:37am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jul 14th, 2024 at 12:43am

Old dye blonde hair Albo.

Hasn't he suddenly gone to ground trying be the small target as the election looms.

No airbus Albo for the NATO conference in America?

And if his ( short) time in government show he'd jump on a taxpayer funded jaunt just to watch someone open a envelope!

His really trying distance himself from Biden!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print