Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Albo
Reply #30 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 11:26am

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 28th, 2024 at 1:39pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 28th, 2024 at 1:12pm:
Daves2017 wrote on Apr 28th, 2024 at 10:09am:
Albo?
He strikes me as a wannabe Bob Hawk but lacking the intellect or charisma.

His the second choice after Shorten and together are two of the “ faceless men” that destroyed labor last they were in government.

Very few people actually voted for Albo, many like myself put him first only to ensure Scomo came last.

As his popularity is plummeting his sidelining Wong, who I believe is much smarter and a far better choice of leader for our country.

I don’t want Dutton but I admit his doing a fantastic job as opposition leader.
I’m just nervous he hastily cleaned up the corruption that was the legacy of Scomo government?

Wong is unelectable.

Not at all - she would do well.

Not everyone in Australia is a homophobic, racist misogynist like you old boy.

A homosexual, Asian woman as our PM would be delightful, if not for any other reason than triggering people such as yourself.

Wink

Unelectable.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 2:17pm

Frank wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 11:26am:
Gordon wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 11:07am:
Albo is a total dud

"I’m the Prime Minister, I run this country.”

He's a squeaky little numpty.

“ Albanese had the chance to come and listen to the speakers.

Instead, he came and spoke and having said his piece turned his back and drove off. “

“ Abcnews

This explains why his Anzac Day speech was held overseas in as remote area as possible and only reported on by a select group of five invited ( and paid for by taxpayers) journalists.

His advisers don’t trust him in public unless they have full control.

He really believes his bigger than Jesus now!

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 1st, 2024 at 9:33pm

Daves2017 wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 2:17pm:
Albo is a total dud

“ Albanese had the chance to come and listen to the speakers.

Instead, he came and spoke and having said his piece turned his back and drove off. “

“ Abcnews

This explains why his Anzac Day speech was held overseas in as remote area as possible and only reported on by a select group of five invited ( and paid for by taxpayers) journalists.

His advisers don’t trust him in public unless they have full control.

He really believes his bigger than Jesus now!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #33 - May 5th, 2024 at 11:19pm

Is very flexible - he can turn on a two dollar coin and twist and turn like a snake ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 5th, 2024 at 11:22pm

Albo is a total dud

And that's where they all get it wrong - the country runs them - and soon will re-take that hill.... take back the asylum ... we already hold the pub and the whore-house - we've got 'em on the run!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 9th, 2024 at 9:04am

Here's a beauty:-

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/news/allowing-australians-to-access-super-to-pay...

"Letting Australians access superannuation to buy their first home would blow a hole of up to $2.5bn a year in the budget by the end of the decade, according to Deloitte modelling for the super industry.

The modelling for the Super Members Council, released on Thursday, shows a mounting annual and cumulative cost to the budget primarily from more people relying on the aged pension due to lower super balances at retirement."

So the entire edifice comes unraveled one bit at a time.... but sooooo slowly it's a slow motion train wreck...  so now either desperation drives Australians Young to drag on their tiny super fund to even own a HOME, and so, ultimately, that means less in retirement and thus more dependence on social security in retirement.... or they never have a chance of owning a HOME.

And who weeps for the dead?  In government they weep for their 'budget' - a possible forward estimate of what might remotely happen, without checks and balances and even a proper public reckoning after the 'X year plan' has expired  - instead of weeping for those increasingly forced to live in Shadowlands (in more than one way) as a result of their 'budget' and other madness - when Albocorp finish Handover to the Abestinians of Ausrael, we'll ALL be living in Shadowland - every simple right scrutinised and subject to over-ride by the four per centers - a politician's dream - and like Hitler being appointed boss - Albocorp are assuming they can CONTROL the Abestinians once they are handed power over the land, water and resources.... good luck, idiots...

Truly we live in dangerous times for OUR west - with OUR style of 'government' .... and for poor fellow - my country (I started using that years ago now - and it is also becoming mainstream, even in the media - Peta Credlin used it one night - one of the rare occasions I look in on Channel 37) ...

Poor Fellow - My Country!  I've been wondering why that song 'Woodstock' has been going through my mind lately.... "we are star dust - we are fallen" ...... and today we must choose faces (stolen from Roger Zelazny - Today We Choose Faces) ........ are we star dust......... or are we simply fallen..............?????

Which will you choose?  To stand for Right - even if the heavens fall ..... or to go under quietly into the darkness of Shadowlands?

I have GOT to find my feet again.... I've got books to write.  Shut meself off from saving you bastards from yourselves for a year or so... might help...
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2024 at 9:15am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #36 - May 9th, 2024 at 10:32am

Johnnie wrote on Jun 7th, 2022 at 4:20am:
The Wong/Albo government have hit the ground running. Last week Wong gave away one of our navy patrol boats to Samoa, soon to be in Chinas control, yesterday she was in Indonesia holding Albos hand as he gave Joko $400,000,000 for a positive photo shoot with lots of smiles, hand shakes and a short bike ride. Joko doesn't give a rats arse about Australia but the money was accepted unconditionally.

Do you have a link to support this claim mate???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 10th, 2024 at 11:56pm

The referendum was a disaster.

Now it’s all about domestic violence.

Albo, honestly, cut government taxes and levies and fees.

That’s what is driving cost of living!

I suggest for debate domestic violence would decline if relationships weren’t in such dire finical circumstances?

But look over here- 600 million for PNG nrl team?

Bring on the next election!

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - May 11th, 2024 at 10:20am

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 11th, 2024 at 6:35pm

**pulls up rock at fireside for evening chat**

"Today I just want to look at some of that history I always talk about and the parallels with the modern day - the more things change, the more they stay the same - or grow darker...  I'll quote from Airey Neave in "Nuremburg", p.10-11.......

"It (the evidence) demonstrated what kind of people perpetrated these colossal racist abominations.

They were not supermen.  They were 'ordinary people', doctors, lawyers, architects, professional soldiers, politicians and businessmen, invested by Hitler with unbridled power.  They were artists and intellectuals, who prostituted their gifts in pursuit of the Nazi Revolution of Destruction.

Most of these men and women began life in ordinary circumstances.  As their power increased, they learned to wield it without restraint.  Manipulation, perversion and corruption of the law, allied to absolute rule unchecked by legal and democratic sanction, turned many of them into beasts.........

.........Many of the Nazi officials were weak, easily lead and toadies to Hitler.  They were the products of disillusionment in a country ruined by the inflation and acute unemployment of the '20's.  When Hitler was appointed Chancellor of Germany in January 1933 and began his efforts to establish a totalitarian regime, they became petty tyrants under his leadership.  Local party bosses, SS concentration camp guards, Gestapo and SD officials enjoyed total authority.

We should remember that the Nazi Party achieved this power through the ballot box.

In the Reichstag elections of 1933, the system of proportional representation gave them only 43.9 per cent of the total vote.  Uncomprehending of the true nature of Nazism, political parties, save the Social Democrats who fought bravely, agreed to their own dissolution.  By the end of July 1933 democracy was dead.  The terror increased as Hitler had often threatened.  By October 1933 there were no political parties save Hitler's and 26,000 of his opponents were under the 'protection' of the Gestapo."

"43.9% you say?   Hmmm - how then about the enforced implementation of a doctrine and ideology against the will of the people when that doctrine etc had ONLY received 39% of the vote and the remainder of parties etc did not resign.... and yet it goes ahead on a daily basis.... and it is what it says up in Neave's statement....

"Colossal racist abominations."

The people didn't VOTE for this at all - they voted it down..... and you imagine our modern, current government is not worse than the Nazis in their sheer determination to destroy our democracy and reduce the people under despotism for their own ends... and even a cursory glance at this insane 'voice' agenda being pushed by stealth every single day of the week - shows even to the casual observer that a disaster of national proportions is being visited upon us all.  My QUESTION was and remains - WHY is this being done?  Nobody is that stupid, so it is clearly an intended thing seeking an intended outcome.... not one iota of which the people have voted FOR, but against - and not one iota of which will do anything FOR the majority in this country or even for those in the minority being pushed to the top without merit.  Nothing new there, of course - all 'social science based' initiatives are the same - sweep through with a broad brush leaving the entire field blank and dark apart from the few chosen spots required by the fantasy.

I grow old - and the world grows darker around me.....

I think that's enough for you all to think on - and dream on if you dare....."

« Last Edit: May 11th, 2024 at 7:10pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #40 - May 18th, 2024 at 3:01pm

I'm predicting there will be an attempt by the Federal ALP to have Albanese replaced as leader and PM before next year's Federal Election.

Just by reading all of the comments on social media, etc. and talking to people when I'm out shopping I honestly believe he would have to be the most despised PM (and individual) this country has ever seen... and he's had some pretty tough 'competition' over the years.

If he isn't replaced before the election I'm certain the ALP will be facing one of the biggest election wipeouts in history. Mind you, I'm 100% sure they are going to lose anyway (and they deserve to) but they will probably lose by a lot less with Albanese gone.

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 23rd, 2024 at 7:25am

It’s no longer premature to say it: Anthony Albanese is simply out of his depth as our Prime Minister.

In terms of judgment, character, leadership and the intellectual heft required to grapple with the complex challenges of these times, Australians are waking up to the sad reality that this emperor has no clothes.

At one time his support for the voice might have been put down to an excess of goodwill; his support for re-regulating the workplace the result of union paymasters calling in their debts; his energy follies, in part, the result of his faction’s long war with the Greens; his inertia on national security exposed by his own admission as opposition leader that he would never have the fortitude to turn back boats, hence his preference for open borders and Big Australia.

But taken cumulatively with his refusal this week to state a position on the International Criminal Court’s moral equivalence between the actions of liberal democratic Israel in self-defence and the atrocities of the designated terrorist group Hamas, it shows a damning deficiency of judgment and character.

Albanese only scraped into office in the first place, almost without declared policies and with a record low Labor primary vote, on the back of the electorate’s disdain for Scott Morrison. The record number of independents now in the parliament testifies to voters’ disenchantment with politics as usual from both sides. Still, the tendency to give first-term incumbents the benefit of the doubt makes a teal-Greens-backed minority government the most likely option from an election that could well happen this year. Almost certainly that would only reinforce the tribal leftism of this beyond mediocre Prime Minister.

Pete Credlin calls it.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - May 23rd, 2024 at 12:15pm

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 23rd, 2024 at 12:56pm

Frank wrote on May 23rd, 2024 at 7:25am:
It’s no longer premature to say it: Anthony Albanese is simply out of his depth as our Prime Minister.

In terms of judgment, character, leadership and the intellectual heft required to grapple with the complex challenges of these times, Australians are waking up to the sad reality that this emperor has no clothes.

At one time his support for the voice might have been put down to an excess of goodwill; his support for re-regulating the workplace the result of union paymasters calling in their debts; his energy follies, in part, the result of his faction’s long war with the Greens; his inertia on national security exposed by his own admission as opposition leader that he would never have the fortitude to turn back boats, hence his preference for open borders and Big Australia.

But taken cumulatively with his refusal this week to state a position on the International Criminal Court’s moral equivalence between the actions of liberal democratic Israel in self-defence and the atrocities of the designated terrorist group Hamas, it shows a damning deficiency of judgment and character.

Albanese only scraped into office in the first place, almost without declared policies and with a record low Labor primary vote, on the back of the electorate’s disdain for Scott Morrison. The record number of independents now in the parliament testifies to voters’ disenchantment with politics as usual from both sides. Still, the tendency to give first-term incumbents the benefit of the doubt makes a teal-Greens-backed minority government the most likely option from an election that could well happen this year. Almost certainly that would only reinforce the tribal leftism of this beyond mediocre Prime Minister.

Pete Credlin calls it.

Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 23rd, 2024 at 12:58pm

Carl D wrote on May 18th, 2024 at 3:01pm:
I'm predicting there will be an attempt by the Federal ALP to have Albanese replaced as leader and PM before next year's Federal Election.

Just by reading all of the comments on social media, etc. and talking to people when I'm out shopping I honestly believe he would have to be the most despised PM (and individual) this country has ever seen... and he's had some pretty tough 'competition' over the years.

If he isn't replaced before the election I'm certain the ALP will be facing one of the biggest election wipeouts in history. Mind you, I'm 100% sure they are going to lose anyway (and they deserve to) but they will probably lose by a lot less with Albanese gone.

Albo was always a bad pick.

I said all along that they should have gone with Jason Clare.

https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Parliamentarian?MPID=HWL

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print