Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
China intimidates Australia (Read 2467 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: China intimidates Australia
Reply #15 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:19pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 4:54pm:
Gutless Australia says "Stop! or we'll say stop again".

Australia should be sending its military to attack China NOW!

Gutless Australia relies on the USA like a dog and follows USA instruction. Good doggy - all bark, no bite.

We should stop sending them our iron ore and and cripple them first and then go and blow them up.

Killing our lobsters was their 1st and biggest mistake so far and they need to be taught a lesson.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:33pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 4:34pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 4:14pm:
Prime Minister Scott Morrison says a Chinese military vessel shining a laser at an Australian maritime aircraft was an "act of intimidation" that put Defence Force lives at risk.

Defence says the incident occurred at 12:35am on Thursday, when an RAAF P-8A Poseidon detected a military-grade laser illuminating the aircraft while in flight just north of Australia.

Up to 10 personnel were on board the aircraft when the incident occurred.

The Department of Defence says the Chinese vessel, in company with another People's Liberation Army-Navy (PLA-N) ship, was sailing east through the Arafura Sea at the time.

Mr Morrison said the laser could have disabled the aircraft, putting the entire crew at risk.

"I can see it no other way than an act of intimidation, one that was unprovoked, unwarranted and Australia will never accept such acts of intimidation," he said.

"It was a reckless and irresponsible act and it should not occur.

"We are raising those issues directly through the diplomatic and defence channels."

Frogshit.  Just Morrison beating up  an incident which likely occurs on a routine basis.

How many times have you heard of lasers being pointed at commercial aircraft inside Australia.

Did the PM get all uppity about that?

Thought you had left?

Thinking some more on this.

Fair dinkum.  Are our military aircraft so pissweak that they can be disabled by a military laser?  Really?  An expensive aircraft full of technology rendered useless by a bit of 'cheap' laser?  Rubbish.

Further, I do wonder if our aircraft was just innocently passing by and did not 'ping' the Chinese vessel for a bit of fun or.....*shock horror*......knowing that to do so would trigger a laser 'attack' so Morrison and Dutton could go all faux hysterical?

Humbug.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #17 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:43pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 4:54pm:
Gutless Australia says "Stop! or we'll say stop again".

Australia should be sending its military to attack China NOW!

Gutless Australia relies on the USA like a dog and follows USA instruction. Good doggy - all bark, no bite.

I can see your point but think your solution may be just a tad heavy handed.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:45pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:33pm:
Prime Minister Scott Morrison says a Chinese military vessel shining a laser at an Australian maritime aircraft was an "act of intimidation" that put Defence Force lives at risk.

Defence says the incident occurred at 12:35am on Thursday, when an RAAF P-8A Poseidon detected a military-grade laser illuminating the aircraft while in flight just north of Australia.

The Department of Defence says the Chinese vessel, in company with another People's Liberation Army-Navy (PLA-N) ship, was sailing east through the Arafura Sea at the time.

Mr Morrison said the laser could have disabled the aircraft, putting the entire crew at risk.

"I can see it no other way than an act of intimidation, one that was unprovoked, unwarranted and Australia will never accept such acts of intimidation," he said.

"We are raising those issues directly through the diplomatic and defence channels."

Frogshit.  Just Morrison beating up  an incident which likely occurs on a routine basis.

How many times have you heard of lasers being pointed at commercial aircraft inside Australia.

Thought you had left?

Fair dinkum.  Are our military aircraft so pissweak that they can be disabled by a military laser?  Really?  An expensive aircraft full of technology rendered useless by a bit of 'cheap' laser?  Rubbish.

Further, I do wonder if our aircraft was just innocently passing by and did not 'ping' the Chinese vessel for a bit of fun or.....*shock horror*......knowing that to do so would trigger a laser 'attack' so Morrison and Dutton could go all faux hysterical?

Humbug.

I hear the plane had to go back to base in limp mode and at least one of the crew has eye problems. We are already in an unwanted trade war now they have us in their cross hairs.

If you were to walk in front of one of these lasers you would be plasma.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #19 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:45pm

Yes Aussie, the military totally fabricated the incident just for Morrison.  As usual you're as thick a pigschit.

Professor Blaxland said the action was a “threat to the aircraft, and it is the precursor to the firing of a kinetic weapon” such as a machine gun, cannon or missile.

“That’s what you do — you laser designate, then you engage. That’s the precursor signal of an attack, and it’s a microsecond away.

“So it is a particularly hostile act, it’s particularly hostile thing to do – quite adversarial and designed to intimidate just below the kinetic threshold.”

It is not the first time China has used lasers against Australian aircraft, with navy helicopter pilots reporting being hit by lasers while exercising in the South China Sea in 2019, forcing them to land nearby as a precaution.

In 2018, the United States issued a formal complaint to the Chinese government over the use of military-grade lasers directed at aircraft which resulted in minor injuries to two American pilots.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/act-of-intimidation-australia-demands-an...

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:01pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:45pm:
Yes Aussie, the military totally fabricated the incident just for Morrison.  As usual you're as thick a pigschit.

Professor Blaxland said the action was a “threat to the aircraft, and it is the precursor to the firing of a kinetic weapon” such as a machine gun, cannon or missile.

“That’s what you do — you laser designate, then you engage. That’s the precursor signal of an attack, and it’s a microsecond away.

“So it is a particularly hostile act, it’s particularly hostile thing to do – quite adversarial and designed to intimidate just below the kinetic threshold.”

It is not the first time China has used lasers against Australian aircraft, with navy helicopter pilots reporting being hit by lasers while exercising in the South China Sea in 2019, forcing them to land nearby as a precaution.

In 2018, the United States issued a formal complaint to the Chinese government over the use of military-grade lasers directed at aircraft which resulted in minor injuries to two American pilots.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/act-of-intimidation-australia-demands-an...

Grandma/egg sucking.

And that aircraft might just as easily and conveniently 'pinged' the ship as I described.

We will be fed bullshit. 

Look at the political context ferfuxsake.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:03pm

Johnnie wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:45pm:
Aussie wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:33pm:

Thought you had left?

Humbug.

I hear the plane had to go back to base in limp mode and at least one of the crew has eye problems. We are already in an unwanted trade war now they have us in their cross hairs.

If you were to walk in front of one of these lasers you would be plasma.

You probably 'hear' voices in your head as well.

IP Logged

Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 8:56pm

So we're not keeping operational matters quiet anymore , ah hah

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #23 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 8:57pm

John Smith wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 5:12pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 4:54pm:
John Smith wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 4:53pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 4:50pm:
John Smith wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 4:46pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 4:40pm:
I did leave. I was gone for 5 days.

another court appearance?

Freediver could you delete this multi troll's abusive non post please?

In fact I'll start listing all his posts as they arise. Thanks Freediver.

abusive? For asking a simple question? Where's the abuse?  Grin Grin Grin

Unless off course I happened to guess correctly, in which case your reaction is somewhat understandable, although you'd still be wrong to label it abuse.

Freediver could you delete this multi troll's abusive non post please?

In fact I'll start listing all his posts as they arise. Thanks Freediver.

so what were you in court for this time?

Giving evidence against you. Why are you pretending not to know?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #24 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 8:58pm

Labor majority government wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 8:56pm:
So we're not keeping operational matters quiet anymore , ah hah

I think it's a matter of we're trying to.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #25 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 9:00pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 7:01pm:
Gordon wrote on Feb 20th, 2022 at 6:45pm:

Grandma/egg sucking.

And that aircraft might just as easily and conveniently 'pinged' the ship as I described.

We will be fed bullshit. 

Look at the political context ferfuxsake.

Ok so let's look at the political backdrop here.

Why do you think this is BS?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 10:08pm

You cannot be seriously asking me that, surely.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 10:58pm

Why are the liberals picking a battle with a country that could probably wipe us out in a couple of days , is there a reason the diplomats can't handle it like they've done since Federation

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Feb 20th, 2022 at 11:02pm

Sounds a lot like when Tony said he was going to shirt front Putin and handed him a koala bear instead when it came down to it

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #29 - Feb 21st, 2022 at 5:19am

The Jones poster couldn't wait to come back here...

How was Valkie Jones?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print