Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Medieval Scottish lord was a black dude (Read 17855 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Medieval Scottish lord was a black dude
Reply #180 - Apr 12th, 2024 at 1:18pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 12th, 2024 at 10:16am:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2024 at 11:27pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 11th, 2024 at 9:04pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 10th, 2024 at 10:12pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 10th, 2024 at 5:43pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 10th, 2024 at 4:11pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 10th, 2024 at 2:57pm:
I AM of the audience....

Even you wouldn't believe it if Nicole Kidman or Margot Robbie was cast as tribal Aborigines in a movie. Or Bill Nighy as a Zulu Chief or John Goodman as samurai.

Until the 1970s, white people did exactly that, Soren.  They donned Blackface and acted as Indigenous Australians on stage and screen.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So? Was it believable for you, cockwomble?

They thought it was. What do you reckon, Soren, hey?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What did YOU think, worm? That was the question. Don't switch to 'they'. You ARE they, dishonest squishy slithering bozo.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img673/4087/gIlzsx.jpg

But in your case vulgarity is a splendid substitute for  the wit ..... you are.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #181 - Apr 12th, 2024 at 3:39pm

Anne Boleyn, the mother of Elizabeth I, in a 2023 BBC mini series.

A 16th century contemporary portrai of Anne Boleyn:

Peas in a pod, no?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Apr 12th, 2024 at 6:26pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 10th, 2024 at 10:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 10th, 2024 at 10:12pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 10th, 2024 at 5:43pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 10th, 2024 at 4:11pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 10th, 2024 at 2:57pm:
I AM of the audience....

Even you wouldn't believe it if Nicole Kidman or Margot Robbie was cast as tribal Aborigines in a movie. Or Bill Nighy as a Zulu Chief or John Goodman as samurai.

Until the 1970s, white people did exactly that, Soren.  They donned Blackface and acted as Indigenous Australians on stage and screen.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So? Was it believable for you, cockwomble?

They thought it was. What do you reckon, Soren, hey?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It became politically incorrect. It's not done anymore for that reason. Is it politically correct to turn the tables?

An important point.

Blacks can 'culturally appropriate' but whites are racists for doing the same.

Black pride - empowering. White pride - odious. BLM - anti racism. All lives matter - white supremacy.
Nigglers calling nigglers nigglers - playful diversity banter and vibrant ebony kultcha. Anyone else calling nigglers nigglers - systemic wacism.

Actress whose face you can't see on a moonless night playing Snow White - genius. Blackface actors playing black faced characters - hideous wacism.

And so the hypocrisy and race baiting dung hill grows and grows.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #183 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 8:24pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 2:42pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 12th, 2023 at 10:59pm:
The Importance of Being Earnest - made in 1952, starring Michael Redgrave, Michael Denison, Edith Evans, Richard Wattis, Margaret Rutherford, Joan Greenwood, Dorothy Tutin, Walter Hudd, Miles Malleson, Aubrey Mather.  I watched it for Margaret Rutherford mainly, being an old fan of hers.  It is obviously a film of the play by Oscar Wilde, made up of an English farce, between Jack and his friend Algernon and their respective girl friends, all over Jack's real name.  He calls himself Jack, in the country and Earnest in town.  A marvelous exploration of English upperclass manners, well worth watching.  Joan Greenwood also shines.  I'd give it 9 out of 10.

Great movie.  A classic.

I've seen the play a few times too.

Remember seeing the play back in the '90s here in Australia and Lady Bracknell was played by a very famous English actress from TV & film, but I can't quite remember who it was now   Undecided

Ncuti Gatwa cast in National Theatre production of The Importance of Being Earnest

Gatwa will play hedonistic bachelor Algernon Moncrieff in Wilde’s “trivial comedy for serious people” this winter. It marks his first major role in a theatre production since coming to fame on Netflix’s Sex Education and being cast as the 15th Doctor in the BBC’s science-fiction series.

Your typical upper class London man about town circa 1895. So believable. Shocked

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #184 - May 1st, 2024 at 6:01pm

The Media will have it in the schools for the kids that Europe was originally 'Black' before the 'White Lie'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - May 6th, 2024 at 9:50pm

Much Ado About Nothing

At Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London

75 quid for for wacist re-education.

https://www.shakespearesglobe.com/whats-on/much-ado-about-nothing/

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #186 - May 14th, 2024 at 5:09pm

Frank wrote on Apr 30th, 2024 at 8:24pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 2:42pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Aug 12th, 2023 at 10:59pm:
The Importance of Being Earnest - made in 1952, starring Michael Redgrave, Michael Denison, Edith Evans, Richard Wattis, Margaret Rutherford, Joan Greenwood, Dorothy Tutin, Walter Hudd, Miles Malleson, Aubrey Mather.  I watched it for Margaret Rutherford mainly, being an old fan of hers.  It is obviously a film of the play by Oscar Wilde, made up of an English farce, between Jack and his friend Algernon and their respective girl friends, all over Jack's real name.  He calls himself Jack, in the country and Earnest in town.  A marvelous exploration of English upperclass manners, well worth watching.  Joan Greenwood also shines.  I'd give it 9 out of 10.

Great movie.  A classic.

I've seen the play a few times too.

Remember seeing the play back in the '90s here in Australia and Lady Bracknell was played by a very famous English actress from TV & film, but I can't quite remember who it was now   Undecided

Ncuti Gatwa cast in National Theatre production of The Importance of Being Earnest

Gatwa will play hedonistic bachelor Algernon Moncrieff in Wilde’s “trivial comedy for serious people” this winter. It marks his first major role in a theatre production since coming to fame on Netflix’s Sex Education and being cast as the 15th Doctor in the BBC’s science-fiction series.

[url]https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod/images/2023-07-01-elle-esa-ncuti
-gatwa-shot-06-076-preview-64dcb624a0665.jpg[/url]

Your typical upper class London man about town circa 1895. So believable. Shocked

Ncuti Gatwa says he feels 'sad' for those tuning out of the new season of 'Doctor Who' because of its push for diversity

During an interview on NPR, the 31-year-old star said he finds it "really sad" that longtime fans of the show have chosen to stop watching in light of his casting and other decisions made to bid for inclusivity.

Ncuti Gatwa says he feels 'sad' for those tuning out of the new season of 'Doctor Who' because of its push for diversity.

The changes are also reflected in the show's streaming options. The newest episodes will air on Disney+ in most parts of the world. (Ah...)

The latest episodes also feature queer characters, representations of disabilities, and a multiracial cast, showrunner Russell T. Davies told the Daily Beast.

On his decision to promote inclusivity on the show, he told the outlet: "You can't be too old to not learn. You've just got to keep your eyes and your mind open to try to make the world better."
https://www.businessinsider.com/doctor-who-ncuti-gatwa-responds-fans-boycotting-...

It's not making the world a better place.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #187 - May 23rd, 2024 at 8:08pm

Oh, just
f%**k
OFF!

Richard III review – a fast-paced study of toxic masculinity with an almost entirely female cast

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - Jul 8th, 2024 at 12:47pm

Black- and Asian-led take on Wagner in Midlands aims to open up opera access

“We’re not trying to be tokenistic. We’re not trying to be woke,” says Jackson. “What we’re trying to do is say, ‘Look, if people can see that they have role models from their very communities, that have been disfranchised or underserved, that should inspire people to come and be part of the process.’”

(Next breath)

“We’re not trying to dumb it down. Yes, this is about engagement and accessibility, but also not undermining the credibility of people’s work,” he says. “It sings better in German for one, but we also want to challenge people and improve their musicianship.

“Quite a few people have been put off by the fact that it’s Wagner,” he adds, especially as it is often seen as a “country house opera” and “high art”. “Getting people involved in the artistic process has been challenge.”

Rehearsals have been taking place in Smethwick and Handsworth, both areas known for vibrant south Asian and African-Caribbean communities, which he hopes will help introduce it to new audiences – along with the fact that it is black- and Asian-led, or ethnically led, as he describes it.

“What is ethnically led? We’ve never had an opportunity in this country to define what we mean by non-white,” he says. “And actually it’s not getting to the core root of the problem, which is we still don’t have a healthy ecology of a baton-passing between homegrown black and diverse artists.”

Not satire. The Guardian.  Roll Eyes
https://amp.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/jul/07/black-asian-led-wagner-ope...

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #189 - Jul 11th, 2024 at 6:12pm

I get Doctor Who being black, but gay? No way.  The latest series has serious identity problems - like combining the musical genre with science fiction comedy.  I guess Russell Davies is trying to cover all bases. After all, he's gay himself.

What's next? "We are the Gayleks, big boy"

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print