Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
White murderers of Aborigines honored in Aus (Read 4445 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
White murderers of Aborigines honored in Aus
Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:19pm

The names of the murderers should be expunged from public places and public apologies should be installed  in the places where these names were adopted.

Batman is one, which is the name of a Federal electorate.

https://www.quora.com/How-long-ago-was-it-legal-for-white-Australians-to-kill-Ab...

Quote:
... This may go some way to explaining why, within a few years of the initial settlement, an all-out war was raging between the colony and the Tasmanian Aboriginal peoples.

Despite numerous instructions from Britain to cease these actions, the colonial government declared martial law and placed a bounty of ₤5 for every Aboriginal adult and ₤2 for every child captured.

Lip service was paid to treating the Aboriginals “humanely” - often in the same paragraph as a “shoot on sight” order. For example, should someone seeking to capture Aboriginals for the bounty be “forced” to kill some of them, this was acceptable.

Proclamations were made giving assurances to the Aboriginals that they were equal under the law, but the reality was pretty obvious.

For example, John Batman, a resident of the colony at the time, led a raid against a group of 60–70 men, women and children. This raid was made on behalf of the colonial government.

They killed 15 and captured 2 wounded men, a woman and her 2 year old son.

Batman then wrote that he:

"...found it impossible that the two former [the men] could walk, and after trying them by every means in my power, for some time, found I could not get them on I was obliged to shoot them."

He returned with the other two. He handed the woman over to the authorities but kept the boy and another from a different incident because they were “as much his property as his farm”. ...

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: White murderers of Aborigines honored in Aus
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:20pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:19pm:
The names of the murderers should be expunged from public places and public apologies should be installed  in the places where these names were adopted.

https://www.quora.com/How-long-ago-was-it-legal-for-white-Australians-to-kill-Ab...

Quote:
... This may go some way to explaining why, within a few years of the initial settlement, an all-out war was raging between the colony and the Tasmanian Aboriginal peoples.

Despite numerous instructions from Britain to cease these actions, the colonial government declared martial law and placed a bounty of ₤5 for every Aboriginal adult and ₤2 for every child captured.

Lip service was paid to treating the Aboriginals “humanely” - often in the same paragraph as a “shoot on sight” order. For example, should someone seeking to capture Aboriginals for the bounty be “forced” to kill some of them, this was acceptable.

Proclamations were made giving assurances to the Aboriginals that they were equal under the law, but the reality was pretty obvious.

For example, John Batman, a resident of the colony at the time, led a raid against a group of 60–70 men, women and children. This raid was made on behalf of the colonial government.

"...found it impossible that the two former [the men] could walk, and after trying them by every means in my power, for some time, found I could not get them on I was obliged to shoot them."

He returned with the other two. He handed the woman over to the authorities but kept the boy and another from a different incident because they were “as much his property as his farm”. ...

Piss off.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:24pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:20pm:

Quote:

Piss off.

Evidently Gnads' testicles have been squeezed by facts that finger his ancestors.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:28pm

Different times, different attitudes. Fitting 21st century mores to old ones. Bugger those Danes, Romans etc. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:36pm

lee wrote on Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:28pm:
Different times, different attitudes. Fitting 21st century mores to old ones. Bugger those Danes, Romans etc. Roll Eyes

Murder and genocide were crimes at that time.

Bugger your extremist associates if you wish.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 2:15pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:36pm:
Murder and genocide were crimes at that time.

Link?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 6:59pm

Aboriginal murderers of Whites honoured in Australia..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 7:05pm

When the first whites legally settled in Australia.

Many were murdered by the primitives who didn't want to share.

Fortunately, whites were far, far more advanced and simply continued to populate the largely unpopulated country and advanced to the brilliant heights where we are today.

Without whites, Australia could have been taken over by a different culture who woukd have Truely decimated the primitives without concern.

They should rejoice in the white, civilized and advanced people who are their saviour.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 3rd, 2021 at 9:45am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:24pm:
Gnads wrote on Jun 2nd, 2021 at 1:20pm:

Quote:

Piss off.

Evidently Gnads' testicles have been squeezed by facts that finger his ancestors.

You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on your front bum.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 3rd, 2021 at 11:32am

I know. That's what you always say about Moh, no?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 3rd, 2021 at 11:53am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 3rd, 2021 at 11:32am:

I know. That's what you always say about Moh, no?

Ministry of health???

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 3rd, 2021 at 1:13pm

Quote:

Yes, let's worry about what happened in the 19th century, that way you don't have to think about the endemic violence and abuse within black communities today.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Jun 3rd, 2021 at 1:13pm

"an all-out war was raging between the colony and the Tasmanian Aboriginal peoples."

So which is it going to be?  A heartless genocide of innocents, or an all out war?

You really can't have it both ways... tell me now - did these fearless Aboriginal warriors spare any prisoners they took or any wounded etc?  Or did they kill any they could get their hands on...?????

How long ago was it legal by Aboriginal law (recently surfaced) to kill Whites?

All Aboriginal place names should be expunged.......

Here is an amazing article - amazing for its obfuscations and blatant 'spin'.. e.g.  "Tribal leaders such as Manalargenna, on the east coast, gave up attempts to deal with whites and became a feared resistance leader, Professor Ryan said. Such men led bloody raids by Aborigines on settler families as the conflict intensified.

They were met with attacks by hundreds of British soldiers as well as paramilitary roving parties."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/more-than-1000-died-in-tasmanian-war-says-histor...

"Mr Windschuttle rejected armed conflict as a key cause of the devastation of Tasmanian Aborigines and discounted suggestions they could have mounted organised guerilla warfare. He found plausible records for 120 killings by settlers and counted 187 whites killed by Aborigines."
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2021 at 1:23pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #13 - Jun 3rd, 2021 at 1:17pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 3rd, 2021 at 1:13pm:
"an all-out war was raging between the colony and the Tasmanian Aboriginal peoples."

So which is it going to be?  A heartless genocide of innocents, or an all out war?

You really can't have it both ways... tell me now - did these fearless Aboriginal warriors spare any prisoners they took or any wounded etc?  Or did they kill any they could get their hands on...?????

Genocide is not a war. Any acts of violence by the Aboriginals was in protection of their existence from genocide.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 3rd, 2021 at 1:21pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jun 3rd, 2021 at 1:17pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 3rd, 2021 at 1:13pm:

Genocide is not a war. Any acts of violence by the Aboriginals was in protection of their existence from genocide.

So they are now clobbering each other in huge numbers as self-defence.   Your idea, no doubt, it's so stupid.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print