Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Perth vegan demands neighbour stop cooking BBQs. (Read 4299 times)
Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth vegan demands neighbour stop cooking BBQs.
Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:37am

NINEMSN

A Perth vegan has taken her neighbours all the way to the Supreme Court, demanding they stop smoking, bouncing balls and even cooking barbecues in the backyard.
Cilla Carden, from Girrawheen, in Perth's northern suburbs said she's fed up with the smell of meat cooking on the barbecue next door.
"They've put it there so I smell fish, all I can smell is fish. I can't enjoy my backyard, I can't go out there."

Ms Carden, a massage therapist, is also furious at cigarette smoke wafting into her yard and the sound of children playing with basketballs next door.
"It's been devastating, it's been turmoil, it's been unrest, I haven't been able to sleep," she said.
But one neighbour invited 9News into the backyard, to show that he's removed the barbecue and told his children to stop playing basketball.
Ms Carden is so upset she has taken her neighbours to the State Administrative Tribunal and the Supreme Court.

"It's deliberate, that's what I told the courts, its deliberate."
But a Supreme Court Judge and the State Administrative Tribunal have sided with her neighbours, dismissing her case.
Her request to appeal the decisions has also been refused.
Ms Carden says she won't give up on her fight and will return to court soon.
© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2019

Probably  one of Pecca's friends!

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Re: Perth vegan demands neighbour stop cooking BBQs.
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:40am

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:37am:

Has Gregg said he is a Vegan?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:43am

AiA wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:40am:

Nah. He's just an authoritarian do-gooder and both come from Perth. Probably know each other.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:44am

Yep...crawl back in ya hole ya miserable c@#t.
Children playing.  Grin Grin Grin
Its deliberate. Its deliberate I tell ya!
Fkkk, I'll give you the rope love. The world doesn't need, nor want you.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:47am

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:43am:

Nah. He's just an authoritarian do-gooder and both come from Perth. Probably know each other.

I've had bad neighbours. The smell of roasting meat I enjoy but not noise when I need sleep. My local police got to know me well.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:53am

AiA wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:47am:

I've had bad neighbours. The smell of roasting meat I enjoy but not noise when I need sleep. My local police got to know me well.

The noise may be an issue but the smell of cigarette smoke and meat cooking? What sort of person whinges about that?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 10:06am

Imagine living next to Hammer.

The sound of empty VB cans hitting the back fence all day long would drive you crazy.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 10:50am

Depends what the meat is - i used to know someone that boiled kidneys - the smell made me sick

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:11am

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 9:53am:

The noise may be an issue but the smell of cigarette smoke and meat cooking? What sort of person whinges about that?

Ciggy smoke is pretty rank when you're a non smoker and it's constant when they're heavy smokers and I reckon other peoples BBQs don't smell good, but it's not like it's going all day.

Basketball noise is annoying as ffkk but as long as it stops at a reasonable time, meh.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:12am

Sounds like a good reason to hold a massive barbie ..... get some good strong fish.... get some Maori in for a hangi, bring a whole pig and half a cow... hold a basketball game ....... gather all the smokers in a dedicated smoking area next to the fence... put on a fan to blow it over the fence....

Must be some good money in being a 'massage therapist'....

Politicians and parties hire message therapists - Sp.Ds - otherwise known as Spin Doctors.... to massage the message ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:17am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 10:50am:
Depends what the meat is - i used to know someone that boiled kidneys - the smell made me sick

Spot

I have never smelled nor eaten a kidney ... a Chinese friend (they eat anything) told me he was taking me to his favourite restaurant in a few weeks - he knows the owner, a man from Beijing who cooks everything and I am worried  Smiley

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 12:18pm

AiA wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:17am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 3rd, 2019 at 10:50am:

Spot

I have never smelled nor eaten a kidney ... a Chinese friend (they eat anything) told me he was taking me to his favourite restaurant in a few weeks - he knows the owner, a man from Beijing who cooks everything and I am worried  Smiley

Never had kidneys - really?

We'd have them at least once a week in my house, when I was a kid.

I went to a Chinese banquet once (in Malaysia), decades ago, where they served elephant's trunk and bear's paw.   Undecided

I didn't actually eat at the banquet - it cost thousands of dollars to attend - but one of the workers at the restaurant let me in through the kitchen and showed me the layout on the tables.

It was for a special celebration, but I can't remember what exactly.

I didn't stick around long.

I just had some noodles from a street vendor.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 1:09pm

I love steak & kidney

& steak & kidney pies.

My wife whinges when the ingredients first go in the sauce pan for initial cook down ....

reckons it smells like piss cooking

when it's all done & thickened ....bellissimo!

Anyways I'm over these vegan wankers.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 1:18pm

Quote:
'I can't enjoy my backyard': Angry vegan in leather skirt and animal-print top takes her neighbours to court to stop them from barbecuing meat after claiming the smells are impacting her sleep

Typical hypocrite.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7419663/Vegan-locked-feud-neighbours-wa...

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 2:54pm

Bah! Typical Aussie Whinger these days. 'Alternative' (& lot are Lefties) but its all about 'The Money' now, unlike the more Traditional 'Feral' Alternative who was considerate enough to just find their 'own space' and get on with it.

Hell. I lived in a few Sydney Boarding Houses with a load of licorice all-sorts all scattered in small rooms everywhere. From in house parties, to my bedhead being knocked from the couple in the next room, to gunshots, to fights, drugs, alcohol ...cops turning up weekly and more that makes the Media's BIG BROTHER look like Play School.

I've only ever had one such neighbour complain about me for various things like my 'more alternative' music than their  Hindu-Hippy Chakra Meditation Music for starters. Yep - copped the BBQ rant too. They didn't like the smell of my Kangaroo meat.
So come weekend I had organised a big BBQ-Party.
I had local Papuans and Maori come over along with a few Aboriginals. I paid for it all, with the Papuans bringing a Pig of their recommedation ("Good in the hind this one"), the Maori brought some Fish and the Aboriginals brought some more 'cuzzes'. Friends and other neighbours came too. Music turned up loud, we played many 'Tribal' peices from the Papuans, Abos, Maori and even some Tubular Bells (Exorcist!). It was so good, we all forgot about doing to get at my neighbours and just got on with enjoying the day/night.

I guess it was my way of saying "Turn down the attitude Volume" Bloody Leftie 'over-achievers', making a great country into a more complicated one than it needs to be.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print