Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
Neil deGrasse Tyson on Islam (Read 49092 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Neil deGrasse Tyson on Islam
Reply #210 - May 1st, 2016 at 12:45pm

FD, I’d like to know how the Muselman destroyed his genes by marrying his cousins, but the Romans (and then the European aristocracy) came out completely unscathed.

Are you up for questions yet?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #211 - May 1st, 2016 at 12:51pm

freediver wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 12:36pm:
North, do you have a point?

polite_gandalf wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 12:03pm:
freediver wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 10:25am:
What is it that set western Europe apart Gandalf? Did they become richer and more powerful because they were more exploitative, or less?

Exploitation expanded to an unprecedented level under western imperialism. You can't deny that.

Everything expanded to an unprecedented level. Can you tell what is the cause and what is the symptom?

Everything there is keeps on expanding and expanding in all of the directions it can whizz. As fast as it can go, the speed of light, you know, twelve million miles a minute and that's the fastest speed there is.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #212 - May 1st, 2016 at 12:52pm

I have no idea what the rate of cousin marriage was in the Roman Empire, but I would not say they came out unscathed. You know the empire collapsed, right?

As for the European aristocracy, a lot of them lost their heads as well, and they all lost power. Probably not a direct result of inbreeding, but there are some well documented diseases among the aristocracy resulting from the inbreeding.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #213 - May 1st, 2016 at 1:00pm

freediver wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 12:52pm:
I have no idea what the rate of cousin marriage was in the Roman Empire, but I would not say they came out unscathed. You know the empire collapsed, right?

As for the European aristocracy, a lot of them lost their heads as well, and they all lost power. Probably not a direct result of inbreeding, but there are some well documented diseases among the aristocracy resulting from the inbreeding.

Right. So the cause of the cancer that is Islam - cousin marriage and sinister tinted inbreeding - does not apply to the"inclusiveness" of the Roman empire, despite the fact that inbreeding there was how power was maintained.

Is that what you mean by inclusiveness? You haven’t said.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #214 - May 1st, 2016 at 1:38pm

The political inclusiveness of the Roman Empire is a reference to their democratic mechanisms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy#Ancient_origins

The inbreeding in Muslim countries is not a reference to power relationships. They are all doing it:

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #215 - May 1st, 2016 at 2:07pm

Quote:
FD, I’d like to know how the Muselman destroyed his genes by marrying his cousins, but the Romans (and then the European aristocracy) came out completely unscathed.

Are you up for questions yet?

I believe FD has got it right with ("they are all doing it")

As I see it, the inbreeding in the Romans and the European aristocrcy was in all probability confined to the upper ruling classes, with the general populace mostly practicing non consanguineous marriage.

Resulting in a healthy general population.

It's the exact opposite with the muslims.

Inbreeding is widely practiced across the entire spectrum of their society. muhammad did it so everybody has been doing it repeatedly for the last 1400 years.

To the point where muslims are now the most inbred low intelligence people on this planet.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #216 - May 1st, 2016 at 2:09pm

freediver wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 1:38pm:
The political inclusiveness of the Roman Empire is a reference to their democratic mechanisms.

The inbreeding in Muslim countries is not a reference to power relationships. They are all doing it:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/articles/images/Global_prevalence_of_consanguinity.png

How long did the Roman republic last, FD?

I’m curious.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #217 - May 1st, 2016 at 2:11pm

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #218 - May 1st, 2016 at 2:40pm

Sorry, I Didn’t catch your answer, FD. Did you just say it ended in 27BC with the rise of the Caesars?

I see. So by inclusiveness, you really mean a system of patronage that was held together by inter-familial marriage, right? Uncles, aunts, cousins, and in the case of Caligula, his sister. A system so nepotistic and entrenched that the church stopped priests marrying to avoid such "inclusiveness".

Good to see you putting it all out there, FD.

Can I ask you a question?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #219 - May 1st, 2016 at 2:57pm

Here is the last time I answered your question Karnal. I will get out the crayons, just for you:

freediver wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 1:38pm:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #220 - May 1st, 2016 at 3:23pm

Aha. Mechanisms.

Did slavery have anything to do with them?

How about the Caesars?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #221 - May 1st, 2016 at 5:39pm

Greek Athenian (direct) democracy - We wouldn't want that would we? Imagine a proposal put to the people (voting en masse) to confiscate 10% of the wealth of the state's richest 10%... Popular proposal? I bet it would be.

Roman 'democracy' - More like what we'd call today (and the ancient Greeks did call) an Oligarchy in disguise.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #222 - May 1st, 2016 at 5:45pm

Voting by delegable proxy combines the best aspects of direct and representative democracy.

People learn soon enough not to kill the goose.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #223 - May 1st, 2016 at 5:48pm

freediver wrote on May 1st, 2016 at 5:45pm:
Voting by delegable proxy combines the best aspects of direct and representative democracy.

People learn soon enough not to kill the goose.

You can only kill the goose once - No good learning not to after its dead (RIP Socrates).

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #224 - May 1st, 2016 at 5:49pm

We tend to only kill it a little bit. It is remarkably resilient, our goose.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print