Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
airport Xray vision tool sees through clothes (Read 13413 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
airport Xray vision tool sees through clothes
Mar 6th, 2007 at 12:25pm

These tools are already in use in the US. Is it acceptable for security staff to be able to screen every passenger like this? See the attached picture at the bottom of this post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/02/AR2007030202035.html

Psssst. Want to see Susan Hallowell naked? Look at the Feb. 24 New York Times. She's on page A10.

Hallowell runs the Transportation Security Administration's research lab. Four years ago, she volunteered to be scanned by a backscatter X-ray machine, which sees through clothing. She was wearing a skirt and a blazer. But in the picture, she's as good as naked.

Now it's your turn.

Last week, TSA began using backscatters to screen airline passengers for weapons. The first machine is up and running in Phoenix. The next ones will be in New York and Los Angeles. The machines have been modified with a "privacy algorithm" to clean up what they show. But even the more cartoon-like images they now display tell you more than you need to know about the people seated next to you.

Are you up for this? Are you ready to get naked for your country?

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/screening/backscatter.shtm

Operational testing of backscatter technology will soon be underway at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. It will be used in secondary screening, on a voluntary basis as an alternative to a pat-down. In addition to usual effectiveness and suitability assessments, TSA also will be examining operational issues, including throughput, privacy considerations, training, safety of use and perceptions by the traveling public.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Compare the 'official' US government pictures with this article to the New York Times image attached

Male Front/Rear View

... ...

Female Front/Rear View

... ...

xray_vision.jpg (62 KB | 163 )
xray_vision.jpg

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gavin

OzPolitic

Sydney, Australia
Re: airport Xray vision tool sees through clothes
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 12:53pm

heard about this a few months back, i personally don't like it, but alot of people's views are as long as the nude images aren't retained by airport security then it should be fine.

it's quite ironic when u think about it, George W Bush says that the terrorists attacked because they hate our freedom, so to combat the terrorists we are clamping down on our own freedom, which is what the terrorsits were aiming to do in the first place.

i think to combat terrorism, one needs to identify the cause of it, rather than just invading every country that has them.

IP Logged

auzgurl
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 8:28am

"I think to combat terrorism, one needs to identify the cause of it, rather than just invading every country that has them."
Gavin,

I absolutely agree. The cause of terrorism for the most part is Americas interference in Middle East Politics for the longest time. Why do they think they are being tartgeted ? How dumb can America be eh?

Pple form the Middle East are neither evil nor stupid, I know a few and they are very normal in  demanour and intelligence.

IP Logged

AUShole

OzPolitic

WA
Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 2:45pm

Its all different levels of invasion of privacy. We already have our bags scanned, which I think is just as personal as having a nondescript xray nudie picture.

Anyway, its better than a rubber glove up your ass!  Wink

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 12:56pm

AUShole wrote on Apr 9th, 2007 at 2:45pm:
Its all different levels of invasion of privacy. We already have our bags scanned, which I think is just as personal as having a nondescript xray nudie picture.

Anyway, its better than a rubber glove up your ass!  Wink

I don't own a donkey, so why would anyone want to put a rubber glove it?  I also didn't think you're allowed to travel with a donkey on a commercial flight, so why would they need to x-ray it?

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 1:55pm

Grin

You had me scratching my head there for a while. Welcome to OzPolitic Brian.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2019 at 10:13pm

Who would want to sit and watch naked people walk by in a screen?
It must be a horrible sight, more than good.
Did they do children too?

Welcome Brian.  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 6:13am

It's all security theatre anyway.

If you wanted to cause real damage it's much easier to use other means.

That said, the last time I was in the US and boarding a flight to come home, after I went through this screening, went to get my bags that went through the xray, you can just see the screen with the images of the body scans on it from the other side, they didn't even attempt to hide it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 6:37am

I don't believe it's an Xray  -
I think it's microwaves at
very low energy.

Big Brother is watching you.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 8:38am

xray vision picks up anomaly with Hunter Bidens Walkthrough .. ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10444202/stripper-sex-toy-hunter-biden-crack/

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 9:20am

Light and Butt Stuff... It's happening again...

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 9:30am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 6:37am:
very low energy.

There are two types of full-body scanners, millimeter-wave scanners and backscatter x-ray scanners. Millimeter-wave scanners use radio waves and produce no ionizing radiation.

When we talk about radiation, we're usually referring to ionizing radiation, which has the energy and other properties capable of damaging DNA and leading to cancer.
In very high doses, ionizing radiation can cause burns and even kill.
Backscatter x-ray scanners do, in fact, use ionizing radiation in the form of very low-dose x-rays.

About 500 full-body scanners are in use at American airports. Half are millimeter-wave scanners, and half are backscatter x-ray scanners.

Hmm ... makes one wonder if "they" are conducting a covert "experiment" to see if the backscatter ones actually do cause health issues down the track?  Angry

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 10:00am

Captain Nemo wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 9:30am:
very low energy.

There are two types of full-body scanners, millimeter-wave scanners and backscatter x-ray scanners. Millimeter-wave scanners use radio waves and produce no ionizing radiation.

When we talk about radiation, we're usually referring to ionizing radiation, which has the energy and other properties capable of damaging DNA and leading to cancer.
Backscatter x-ray scanners do, in fact, use ionizing radiation in the form of very low-dose x-rays.

About 500 full-body scanners are in use at American airports. Half are millimeter-wave scanners, and half are backscatter x-ray scanners.

Hmm ... makes one wonder if "they" are conducting a covert "experiment" to see if the backscatter ones actually do cause health issues down the track?  Angry

I can't see how the Govt has any right to
bombard people with dangerous Xrays.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #13 - Dec 2nd, 2019 at 11:20am

Bobby. wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 10:00am:
Captain Nemo wrote on Dec 2nd, 2019 at 9:30am:
very low energy.

I can't see how the Govt has any right to
bombard people with dangerous Xrays.

Or protect its citizens from terrorists.....eh blobby?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print