Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wikis, blogs and forums (Read 2949 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
wikis, blogs and forums
Dec 10th, 2006 at 4:00pm

I was thinking of adding a wiki to this site, in case anyone wanted to work on the articles I have put up, or create new ones. The forum is more suitable for debate and adversarial style improvements - a good debate always improves an article and I usually re-write them afterwards. A wiki would be more suitable to collaborative style improvements - like if you thought you could add perpective, breadth or depth to an article. I would update the main articles from the wiki if it proved useful. If popular the wiki could even replace the current articles on this site.

The blog software would allow people to add their own personal articles and blogs.

I would add both now, but there are a few to choose from. Does anyone have any experience with these, either as a user or an admin?

wiki software available:
TikiWiki
PhpWiki

blog software available:
b2evolution
Nucleus
pMachine Free
WordPress

I also have access to smf and php forum software, but I'm not keen to switch unless there is a really good reason. I went with yabb because it was the first one I noticed, and because I use a few other yabb forums.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print