Send Topic Print
colours, layout etc (Read 11787 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
colours, layout etc
Nov 22nd, 2006 at 9:46am

The old feedback board has been removed and replaced - hence the new thread.

Please let us know what you think of the colour schemes, layout etc in the forum and the main site.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: colours, layout etc
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 2:30pm

We have gotten rid of the frames. A new section for the Australian People's Party has been added, and an illustrated guide to grafting tomato and eggplant (aubergine) onto wild tobacco.

Can you see a google ad at the top of this forum? Can you see the gray header with links to the rest of the site? I know the rounded corners are missing and it is a bit narrower and offset, but that's the best we can do for now.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

mmadeline

Whatever.

QLD
Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 2:43pm

When I click on the forum link at the top left of the main page, it brings me to the General Topics forum, and not to the main forum page.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 3:27pm

That was to save people having to do the extra click to get down into the general board. I thought I should do that while we only have one general discussion board - people aren't going to be that interested in feedback or the sandpit.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 11:29am

I have just lightened up the two main background colours on the forum - the ones that alternate between posts. Let me know what you think.

Also, does anyone else have a font preference?

http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1174833109/78#78
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2007 at 1:29pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

kalin

OzPolitic

Sydney
Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 6:28pm

I still think it's too dark.  Off white and just a little more off white is more than enough, the background still looks tan and light tan to me.  Also still [size=14][/size] think the font size is too small.  fiddling with your controls didn't seem to fix it either.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:28am

freediver wrote on Aug 11th, 2007 at 11:29am:
I have just lightened up the two main background colours on the forum - the ones that alternate between posts. Let me know what you think.

Also, does anyone else have a font preference?

http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1181549241/10#10

Thue use of colours is a good idea FD..highlight certain areas etc...draw attentiion..create more visual appeal.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:34am

I've lightened it up again. I'll change the rest of the background colours to match once we find a set that suits everyone. FYI the two current colours are #FFEEDD and #FFF9EE. Up until a few days agao they were #EFD6C3 and #FFE6D3.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:50am

freediver wrote on Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:34am:
I've lightened it up again. I'll change the rest of the background colours to match once we find a set that suits everyone. FYI the two current colours are #FFEEDD and #FFF9EE. Up until a few days agao they were #EFD6C3 and #FFE6D3.

The greeny one at present a bit "off".

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #9 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:53am

those 2 colours are really nioce FD

The greyish one ..restful and soft

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 11:12am

OK this is weird. I've never seen any 'greeny' colours. The problem is that different monitors do different things with colour commands. If there is a specific colour you don't like, you will have to do a screen dump into MS paint or something, then put a mark to indicate the region with the bad colour.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #11 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 11:34am

freediver wrote on Aug 13th, 2007 at 11:12am:
OK this is weird. I've never seen any 'greeny' colours. The problem is that different monitors do different things with colour commands. If there is a specific colour you don't like, you will have to do a screen dump into MS paint or something, then put a mark to indicate the region with the bad colour.

Wasnt really a green..just a bit yukky greyish yellowy green..never mind.This one is good.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 4:54pm

I've changed it again - only slightly this time. See the attached picture. We are now using the two colours labelled 'change 3'. I also put FFDFBF around the outside and FFF3E7 in the gap bits at the top and bottom.

The rest of the website had a background of FFE6D3 (in 'original' group). I'll lighten it slightly to FFEFDF, which is the darker of the two we have on the forum posts area now.

colours.jpg (39 KB | 229 )
colours.jpg

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #13 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 4:57pm

pastel colours are more appealing. Thats why the grey is nice.

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #14 - Aug 15th, 2007 at 5:17pm

So thats what happened, thats whats been playing with my eyes.. Colours were changed slightly.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print