Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
credit card surcharges (Read 113 times)
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58251
Gender: male
credit card surcharges
Oct 1st, 2026 at 7:34pm
 
So you either payed your coffee ☕️ with either a...
lazy tap & go, which results in a surcharge to cover bank cost
Or good old Cash, which gets you a 10c cheaper coffee.

But now, the self proclaimed Saviours ALP have saved Australians the cost of surcharges, by removing them, via another Media show of it.

Now. Businesses are raising their prices to cover the banking cost, not to mention overhauling their menus & signage, listing's, etc.
So for those who made the effort to pay Cash, now have that 10c etc, benefit stripped away.

Yep. Now two can lose, when before it could be just one 'out of choice'.

Just another 'emotional' victory for the ALP on stage.  Roll Eyes

...enjoy you new Anus coffee ☕️ people. Tongue
Back to top
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:07pm by freediver »  

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122278
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Enjoy the new Anus Coffee
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2026 at 7:41pm
 


I never buy coffee when I go out -

I make it at home with Moccona and it's more than good enough for me.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58251
Gender: male
Re: Enjoy the new Anus Coffee
Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2026 at 7:49pm
 
Me too. I haven't bought a coffee here in like... well, before surcharges for lazy tap & go.
I enjoy using cash since watching a program long ago upon an experiment involving thousands of people tested in their spendings with either cash or tap & go card.
The result showed a whopping 67% more in increased spending with those using CARD.
It was called a sheep effect or something(?)

Yep. Spend your money technology guinea pigs. 🐖
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122278
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Enjoy the new Anus Coffee
Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 9:41am
 
Jasin wrote on Oct 1st, 2026 at 7:49pm:
Me too. I haven't bought a coffee here in like... well, before surcharges for lazy tap & go.
I enjoy using cash since watching a program long ago upon an experiment involving thousands of people tested in their spendings with either cash or tap & go card.
The result showed a whopping 67% more in increased spending with those using CARD.
It was called a sheep effect or something(?)

Yep. Spend your money technology guinea pigs. 🐖



People waste money paying 5 or 6 or  $7 for a coffee in a paper cup.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
freediver
Gold Member
*****
Offline


www.ozpolitic.com

Posts: 53362
At my desk.
Re: Enjoy the new Anus Coffee
Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:05pm
 
.
Back to top
 

surcharge.jpg (240 KB | 0 )
surcharge.jpg

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58251
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:25pm
 
Grin
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58251
Gender: male
Re: Enjoy the new Anus Coffee
Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:26pm
 
Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 9:41am:
Jasin wrote on Oct 1st, 2026 at 7:49pm:
Me too. I haven't bought a coffee here in like... well, before surcharges for lazy tap & go.
I enjoy using cash since watching a program long ago upon an experiment involving thousands of people tested in their spendings with either cash or tap & go card.
The result showed a whopping 67% more in increased spending with those using CARD.
It was called a sheep effect or something(?)

Yep. Spend your money technology guinea pigs. 🐖



People waste money paying 5 or 6 or  $7 for a coffee in a paper cup.


Up to $10 now
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122278
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Enjoy the new Anus Coffee
Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:41pm
 
Jasin wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:26pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 9:41am:
Jasin wrote on Oct 1st, 2026 at 7:49pm:
Me too. I haven't bought a coffee here in like... well, before surcharges for lazy tap & go.
I enjoy using cash since watching a program long ago upon an experiment involving thousands of people tested in their spendings with either cash or tap & go card.
The result showed a whopping 67% more in increased spending with those using CARD.
It was called a sheep effect or something(?)

Yep. Spend your money technology guinea pigs. 🐖



People waste money paying 5 or 6 or  $7 for a coffee in a paper cup.


Up to $10 now



It's ridiculous.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
greggerypeccary
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 155998
Gender: male
Re: Enjoy the new Anus Coffee
Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:49pm
 
Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:41pm:
Jasin wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:26pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 9:41am:
Jasin wrote on Oct 1st, 2026 at 7:49pm:
Me too. I haven't bought a coffee here in like... well, before surcharges for lazy tap & go.
I enjoy using cash since watching a program long ago upon an experiment involving thousands of people tested in their spendings with either cash or tap & go card.
The result showed a whopping 67% more in increased spending with those using CARD.
It was called a sheep effect or something(?)

Yep. Spend your money technology guinea pigs. 🐖



People waste money paying 5 or 6 or  $7 for a coffee in a paper cup.


Up to $10 now



It's ridiculous.


A Melbourne coffee roaster is serving a brew costing customers up to $200 per cup.
Back to top
 

GOP = Guardians Of Paedophiles
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122278
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Enjoy the new Anus Coffee
Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:55pm
 
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:49pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:41pm:
Jasin wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 1:26pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2026 at 9:41am:
Jasin wrote on Oct 1st, 2026 at 7:49pm:
Me too. I haven't bought a coffee here in like... well, before surcharges for lazy tap & go.
I enjoy using cash since watching a program long ago upon an experiment involving thousands of people tested in their spendings with either cash or tap & go card.
The result showed a whopping 67% more in increased spending with those using CARD.
It was called a sheep effect or something(?)

Yep. Spend your money technology guinea pigs. 🐖



People waste money paying 5 or 6 or  $7 for a coffee in a paper cup.


Up to $10 now



It's ridiculous.


A Melbourne coffee roaster is serving a brew costing customers up to $200 per cup.



A fool and their money is soon parted.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58251
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #10 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 3:18pm
 
So a Coffee went from 10c extra for tap & piss off.

To 10c for now both tap & piss off AND CASH TOO.

The Anus & the Left don't want us to save, but spend, spend , spend.
Just like them.

Ever feel like you've been served a brown liquid in a cup that smells like 💩?
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Captain Nemo
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16860
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #11 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 10:56pm
 
So there was Albo spruiking the "removal" of credit card transaction fees saying this was going to save us all a lot of money.

What a con.

The charge hasn't magically disappeared, the banks are still charging it, but now small businesses can't list it as an "extra" item when paying for goods or services by card.

Guess what?

As mentioned above:

Most small businesses are going to up the price of their goods and services to cover the ongoing transaction fee.

What's more, even those who pay cash will now get hit with higher prices. This will add to inflation.

On top of that, the ATO from the end of November will no longer take payments from businesses via credit cards.

Small businesses use credit cards to even out the cash flow when paying the ATO.

Now that is taken away.


I tell ya what ... small and medium businesses will be out with the proverbial baseball bats come next election.

This Labor government is clueless.    Angry
Back to top
 

Fire the LIAR in 2028!
WWW  
IP Logged
 
UnSubRocky
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Posts: 26426
Rockhampton
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #12 - Oct 2nd, 2026 at 11:19pm
 
Frickin' arzzholes out there that transfer money to their card to pay for a purchase. They would only transfer enough money to cover the expense on the receipt. They did not account for the 2% credit card fee. I understand completely their frustrations... and perhaps should have let them know of the surcharge. But, why not just have a few dollars left over on your card, and have that added to your next purchase?
Back to top
 

At this stage...
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Carl D
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 11420
Rivervale, Perth
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #13 - Oct 3rd, 2026 at 2:57am
 
lol.. so predictable.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/3n111zwk?p=30#r593

Quote:
My sausage roll now costs $5.50
Two days ago, it was $5.00
Shopkeeper says due to no surcharge on CC. lol


https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/3n111zwk?p=31#r612

Quote:
Coffee at my local:

30 September $5.00 + $0.08 surcharge = $5.08
1 October $5.00 (no surcharge)
2 October $5.50 (new "Summer Menu" launched with new pricing due to "rising costs")


And, as they say - "that's just the tip of the iceberg".

The last time I ate out anywhere was about 20 months ago and I can guarantee it won't be happening again any time soon.
Back to top
 

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58251
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #14 - Oct 3rd, 2026 at 8:42am
 

....but who started this?

The whinging Media.
Anus just did their bidding.
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print