Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
credit card surcharges (Read 454 times)
Sophia
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 10091
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #30 - Today at 7:07pm
 
I pad a Vic road rego today by credit card and….was charged a “service fee” instead  Roll Eyes
That’s their way around it?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
freediver
Gold Member
*****
Offline


www.ozpolitic.com

Posts: 53395
At my desk.
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #31 - Today at 7:25pm
 
Sophia wrote Today at 7:07pm:
I pad a Vic road rego today by credit card and….was charged a “service fee” instead  Roll Eyes
That’s their way around it?


You can charge any fee you want and call it whatever you want. So long as it is not linked to paying by credit card.

There are still credit card fees. The only thing that has changed is that you always have to pay them now, even if you pay with cash.
Back to top
 

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
WWW  
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 122404
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #32 - Today at 7:32pm
 
Sophia wrote Today at 7:07pm:
I pad a Vic road rego today by credit card and….was charged a “service fee” instead  Roll Eyes
That’s their way around it?



Vic roads is a rip off.

I bought a used car about 3 months ago and I was charged stamp duty 4% -
what the hell does that mean?
And I was charged a transfer fee -
it came to a lot of money.

Vic roads is just a building where they tax you for buying a car
when it should be none of their business.
A total rip off - thieves with a smile.

And at the same time our roads have millions of dangerous pot holes - unrepaired.   Roll Eyes
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print