Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
credit card surcharges (Read 115 times)
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58251
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #15 - Oct 3rd, 2026 at 12:58pm
 
So the Media's whingefest about paying surcharges has shot themselves in the foot.
They could have just paid cash 💸
Now, via their Servant in Anus ALP.
That cheaper alternative is gone.

The Media is the real blame and culprit behind all that is failing in this country and going cock-ups. Anus & the ALP are just doing its bidding.

Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
freediver
Gold Member
*****
Offline


www.ozpolitic.com

Posts: 53362
At my desk.
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #16 - Yesterday at 5:38pm
 
Jasin wrote on Oct 3rd, 2026 at 8:42am:
....but who started this?

The whinging Media.
Anus just did their bidding.


I genuinely wonder about that sometimes. WK in particular always seems to be posting furiously about some random problem 6 months before labor implements some new scheme to 'fix' it.
Back to top
 

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
WWW  
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21590
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #17 - Yesterday at 9:05pm
 
Carl D wrote on Oct 3rd, 2026 at 2:57am:
lol.. so predictable.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/3n111zwk?p=30#r593

Quote:
My sausage roll now costs $5.50
Two days ago, it was $5.00
Shopkeeper says due to no surcharge on CC. lol


https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/3n111zwk?p=31#r612

Quote:
Coffee at my local:

30 September $5.00 + $0.08 surcharge = $5.08
1 October $5.00 (no surcharge)
2 October $5.50 (new "Summer Menu" launched with new pricing due to "rising costs")


And, as they say - "that's just the tip of the iceberg".

The last time I ate out anywhere was about 20 months ago and I can guarantee it won't be happening again any time soon.


Yep. Who woudd thunk that shopkeepers would pass on costs.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58251
Gender: male
Re: credit card surcharges
Reply #18 - Yesterday at 9:17pm
 
freediver wrote Yesterday at 5:38pm:
Jasin wrote on Oct 3rd, 2026 at 8:42am:
....but who started this?

The whinging Media.
Anus just did their bidding.


I genuinely wonder about that sometimes. WK in particular always seems to be posting furiously about some random problem 6 months before labor implements some new scheme to 'fix' it.

Bingo!  Wink

How's it feel to have your country's Politics run by Television networks?
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print