Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Jill Stein: Anti-Zionism is not Antisemitism (Read 647 times)
wombatwoody
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wombat  NSW
Jill Stein: Anti-Zionism is not Antisemitism
May 1st, 2024 at 2:12am

Jill Stein, U.S. presidential candidate for the Green Party, was arrested yesterday for joining in the student protests of the genocide in Gaza. She had this to say (3 min clip):

"Jews, and I know myself because I was raised as part of this, have been taught a certain version of history which is not quite accurate ... Being anti-Zionist is not the same as being antisemitic"

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/4/29/us-presidential-candidate-s...

We are benefiting from ... the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

Benjamin Netanyahu, quoted in Ma’ariv, 16 April 2008

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Jill Stein: Anti-Zionism is not Antisemitism
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2024 at 7:23am

Quote:
Being anti-Zionist is not the same as being antisemitic

Most people who are one do both pretty well. Even if they delude themselves otherwise. Most versions of anti-zionism involve another holocaust.

For example, they think spreading Nazi-esque conspiracy theories about Jews is not anti semitic because in their ignorance, they think it is true. They do this without pausing to consider even how ludicrous their conspiracies are.

Calling themself an anti-zionist is often just an exercise in turd polishing.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2024 at 8:59am

Nope. The record of dispossession of West Bank Palestinians is shocking—Israeli Jews are moving into areas where Palestinians were dispossessed and building settlements there. Now we have over 30,000 killed in Gaza.

Zionism is just a form of racism—exclusion of other faiths.
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2024 at 9:10am by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - May 1st, 2024 at 9:46am

Here is an example of Monk mindlessly spreading propaganda on behalf of a terrorist organisation. He defended this by saying that even though it is a lie, it will become true because we know the Jews will do it anyway.

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 18th, 2024 at 4:59pm:
Gaza invasion was a land grab

https://twitter.com/MichaelWestBiz/status/1780740780229034299

Israel building settlements in Gaza.

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 21st, 2024 at 8:14am:
We will see whether Jewish settlements are built in Gaza. They are being built in the West Bank on stolen Palestinian land so why not Gaza?

If it was anyone other than the Jews, would Monk be so gullible, and go on to use his crystal ball to justify it?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2024 at 9:47am

She's 100% correct.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - May 1st, 2024 at 9:52am

Greg also:

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 22nd, 2024 at 11:18am:
The children under 18 have all been murdered by the IDF.

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 28th, 2024 at 2:38pm:
The IDF is a terrorist organisation (no better than Hamas) and they are killing innocent men, women, and children.

This is not opinion - it is a fact.

I'm pretty sure he made both of those up himself. He would instantly recognise it is racist to make up lies about any other group like this, but he thinks it is OK because they are Jews.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 1st, 2024 at 10:36am

freediver wrote on May 1st, 2024 at 9:52am:
Greg also:

The IDF is a terrorist organisation (no better than Hamas) and they are killing innocent men, women, and children.

I'm pretty sure he made both of those up himself. He would instantly recognise it is racist to make up lies about any other group like this, but he thinks it is OK because they are Jews.

Lol   Grin

The IDF isn't a race.

It's a military (terrorist) organisation.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - May 1st, 2024 at 11:19am

greggerypeccary wrote on May 1st, 2024 at 10:36am:
Greg also:

Lol   Grin

The IDF isn't a race.

So it's just a coincidence that they are Jewish and you are spreading lies about them killing all the children under 18 on behalf of a terrorist organisation?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - May 1st, 2024 at 12:13pm

That's nice to know - so Hamas wasn't killing Jews - just Zionists.

Sounds like someone should be  shutting down rights for Australians who are Offshore and want to come home to their Homeland.... something familiar there.....  ummmm... this Lake Eyre business could become the Dead Sea Rollover or something...

You know what?  Just shut it all down now... stop handing the Australian people trouble that ultimately you don't have the numbers to handle.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - May 1st, 2024 at 12:22pm

Another example. Aussie blames Zionism for conflict in the middle east. He is an anti zionist, but insists he is not a racist. His proposed final solution is to ethnically cleanse the area of Jews. He was happy for 100 million Jews to be killed in the process. Not sure where he would get that many from. There are not that many left in the middle east.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 1st, 2024 at 1:01pm

freediver wrote on May 1st, 2024 at 11:19am:
Greg also:

Lol   Grin

The IDF isn't a race.

So it's just a coincidence that they are Jewish and you are spreading lies about them killing all the children under 18 on behalf of a terrorist organisation?

I don't care one little bit that they are Jewish - that's not why I condemn them.

I condemn them for murdering pregnant women, babies, and children.

Jewish, Catholic, Buddhist, Muslim, black, white, male, female, young or old, it makes no difference - that's not what I'm condemning them for - I'm condemning them for their terrorist activities.

So, I guess you could accuse me of "terroristism"   Undecided

i.e. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular terrorist group.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #11 - May 1st, 2024 at 1:14pm

freediver wrote on May 1st, 2024 at 9:46am:
Here is an example of Monk mindlessly spreading propaganda on behalf of a terrorist organisation. He defended this by saying that even though it is a lie, it will become true because we know the Jews will do it anyway.

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 21st, 2024 at 8:14am:
We will see whether Jewish settlements are built in Gaza. They are being built in the West Bank on stolen Palestinian land so why not Gaza?

If it was anyone other than the Jews, would Monk be so gullible, and go on to use his crystal ball to justify it?

I am part Jewish but not zionist.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - May 1st, 2024 at 1:22pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 1st, 2024 at 1:01pm:
freediver wrote on May 1st, 2024 at 11:19am:
Greg also:

Lol   Grin

The IDF isn't a race.

I don't care one little bit that they are Jewish - that's not why I condemn them.

I condemn them for murdering pregnant women, babies, and children.

Jewish, Catholic, Buddhist, Muslim, black, white, male, female, young or old, it makes no difference - that's not what I'm condemning them for - I'm condemning them for their terrorist activities.

So, I guess you could accuse me of "terroristism"   Undecided

i.e. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular terrorist group.

Why do you make up these absurd lies about them?

IP Logged

wombatwoody
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wombat  NSW
Reply #13 - May 3rd, 2024 at 1:42am

freediver wrote on May 1st, 2024 at 9:46am:

And what did Netanyahu say in that tweet?

We are benefiting from ... the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

IP Logged

wombatwoody
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wombat  NSW
Reply #14 - May 3rd, 2024 at 1:51am

Jill Stein talks with Glenn Greenwald and gives a detailed description of what happened, including when her foot accidentally hit a police officer who then accused her of assaulting him.

Some of her main points:

Quote:
Jewish voices are in the leadership of these protests to demand the end of genocide in Gaza by the apartheid state of Israel

I don't hear or see any anti-Jewish sentiment

The Zionist community is trying to hide behind Judaism and Zionism is not Judaism

This is a genocide that's being live-streamed and as a medical doctor I feel like I'm on a death watch for 2 million people; I don't think I could stand to witness this without fighting it with every fibre of my being

It's a monstrous event that's taking place

The Israelis are normalizing the torture and murder of children

Both major parties are taking their orders from the Israel lobby and the war profiteers and ignoring the overwhelming consensus of the American people who want an immediate ceasefire

From the 56.10 mark and goes for around 12 mins:

https://rumble.com/v4siucc-system-update-263.html

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print