Send Topic Print
Not religion (Read 359 times)
chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Not religion
Apr 26th, 2024 at 12:47pm

'An Islamic group's spokeswoman said terrorism was driven by political ideology and not religion.
"The presumption that terrorism is inherently tied to religion is not only inaccurate but harmful," Ms Abdo Sultan told a press conference.'
The Sydney stabbing was political on behalf of the Arab Terrorism Party with all candidates expected to get life sentences when elected. Another approach is to say "IS motivated terrorism' as Islamic State is not Islamic..
um..
wait a minute..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Not religion
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 12:51pm

Link?

Quote:
An Islamic group's spokeswoman said terrorism was driven by political ideology and not religion.

Islam is a political as well as a religious ideology.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 1:20pm

Mahommad the political animal? Allah was a political leader?
'Islam is centered on the Quran and the teachings of Muhammad.' Islamic government has no connection with the Quran? Interesting... So what political policies were being expressed by the knife boy?

(You say the comments on Federal terrorism are about politics, yet you moved the topic from Federal Politics board).
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2024 at 1:37pm by chimera »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:08pm

Quote:
So what political policies were being expressed by the knife boy?

That we should be ruled by Islamic law in an Islamic state, as Muhammad intended and enacted.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:09pm

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:11pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:09pm:

Good article:

Mr Burgess said "Sunni violent extremism poses the greatest religiously motivated violent extremist threat in Australia",
in the ASIO Annual Threat Assessment on February 28.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:12pm

Quote:
An alliance of peak Islamic groups has called for Australia's terrorism laws to be changed, to remove the concept of "religiously motivated terrorism" from the legislation.

They want to define Islamic terrorism out of existence. But the killings won't stop.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:16pm

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:29pm

"This is how we deal with it"

No complaint from me.

BUT 

Bin Laden listed the creation of Israel, and the presence of US military bases in Muslim lands, among HIS complaints...

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Recall the guy who murdered PM Rabin....

Ouch.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:34pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 3:05pm

Quote:
Bin Laden listed the creation of Israel, and the presence of US military bases in Muslim lands, among HIS complaints...

The presence of which is an affront to their Islamic ideology of political/religious supremacy.

The real problem is not Israel's existence, or the existence of those US bases. It is the ideology that compels people to kill and die in response to their existence. You would be naive to think that peace would come if you could just pander to the extremists one more time. It's like believing that if we ignore the tens of millions of people the CCP ha killed in the past they won't do it again.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 3:51pm

Politics and Military are next-door neighbours and across the road are Religion and Art as neighbours and all 4 are in it together as the Right hemisphere of the global brain.

The Left is Music & Maths on one side of the street with Sport & Medicine on the other - but all 4 are in it together as the other hemisphere of the global brain.

This explains why N.America is currently having its Politics compromised by the Left's way of life like an Italian Opera called 'Spaghetti Western' Politics with a dash of French fries at the restaurant.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #11 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 3:55pm

freediver wrote on Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:08pm:
That we should be ruled by Islamic law in an Islamic state, as Muhammad intended and enacted.

That removes the element of 'political' as normally used. The Bible set up the early state of Israel for religious functions without describing the politics. The Jews only had kings against the Bible's words about the Judges of the Law. Then the Church had power without politics being described in the scriptures. Were the Crusades a policy with no Church motive?

Can you say what an Islamic political platform would look like, apart from no booze, poofs diverse gender or idols? Would these 5 boys have any political opinions, hmm?
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2024 at 4:05pm by chimera »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 4:00pm

Religion is the 'visual' Writing of such Thoughts. Politics is the 'spoken' Language of such Thoughts. That's the 'connection'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #13 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 4:08pm

So now the Sunday Services aren't religious, it's politics. Have you told the church goers? The parliament is acting out the sermons they attend on Sunday?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 4:12pm

chimera wrote on Apr 26th, 2024 at 3:55pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 26th, 2024 at 2:08pm:

That removes the element of 'political' as normally used. The Bible set up the early state of Israel for religious functions without describing the politics. The Jews only had kings against the Bible's words about the Judges of the Law. Then the Church had power without politics being described in the scriptures.
Can you say what an Islamic political platform would look like, apart from no booze, poofs diverse gender or idols? Would these 5 boys have any political opinions, hmm?

Islam rejects the concept of political as normally used. Christianity, and as a result most western thinking outside of Islam, makes a clear distinction between church and state and the separation of the two has become a foundation of our society, seen as necessary for the proper functioning of both the church and the state, as well as a way to separate powers. Most communist countries are openly hostile to religion, and France leans a bit in that direction as well under the label of secularism.

Not Islam. In Islamic culture they are one and the same. Muhammad was both a political and a religious leader. He had convenient revelations from Allah every time he wanted to rape and pillage, invent a new rule or custom, or even change his mind about previous rules that Allah had endorsed. Those revelations, which were transparently for political convenience at the time, have been embedded in the religion and from that, the culture.

We see this in the most fundamental religious aspect of Islam. Islam defines conversion to the religion as an act - a recital. Not as an adoption of beliefs or faith. Which of course gives you fewer arguments when you want to lop someone's head off for abandoning Islam.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2024 at 4:17pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print