Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Centrelink Payments To Get A Boost (Read 253 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Centrelink Payments To Get A Boost
Mar 4th, 2024 at 5:08pm

Centrelink payments to get a boost: Here's how much you will be getting
Aussies on age and disability support pensions to get boost   Smiley

Daily Mail
March 4 2024

About five million Australians on Centrelink payments will receive a cash boost when indexation kicks in later this month.   Smiley 

People on the age pension, disability support pension and carer payment will receive an extra $19.60 a fortnight for singles and $29.40 for couples every two weeks, starting March 20.   

The maximum rate of pension will rise to $1,116.30 for singles and $1,682.80 for couples a fortnight.

About five million Australians on social security payments will receive a cash boost when indexation kicks in later this month (stock image)

About five million Australians on social security payments will receive a cash boost when indexation kicks in later this month

At the end of the month, single JobSeeker recipients with no kids, and people aged over 22 on ABSTUDY will pocket an extra $13.50 per fortnight, taking it to $771.50, including the energy supplement.

The single parenting payment will also go up by $17.50 a fortnight, bringing total fortnightly payments to just over $1,000.

An extra 77,000 parents are now on a higher rate of payment after eligibility was expanded last year to cover those with a youngest child under 14, instead of eight years.

Each member of a couple will get an an additional $12.30 per fortnight.

Commonwealth Rent Assistance, claimed by almost 1.4 million people, will rise by $3.40 to $188.20 per fortnight for single income support recipients.

Changes to welfare payments
Age pension, disability support pension and carer payment: Increase by $19.60 a fortnight for singles and $29.40 for couples every two weeks.

Singles will get $1,116.30 and couples will get $1,682.80 per fortnight.

JobSeeker recipients and those on ABSTUDY over the age of 22: Increase by $13.50 per fortnight. Total payments of $771.50 per fortnight

Single parents: Boost of $17.50 a fortnight. Total fortnightly payments are increased to just over $1,000.

Commonwealth Rent Assistance: Fortnightly boost of $3.40. Recipients will receive $188.20 per fortnight

Social Security Minister Amanda Rishworth said the regular indexation is in addition to the government's boost to working age and student payments announced in last year's budget.

'This increase, which took effect on 20 September 2023, also included the largest increase to maximum rates of Commonwealth Rent Assistance in 30 years,' she said.   Smiley

Ms Rishworth said the government's 'number one' priority was addressing inflation and cost-of-living pressures

'These challenges highlight the importance of regular indexation to ensure that payment recipients have more money in their pockets for everyday expenses,' she said.

The income and assets limits for the payments being increased on March 20 will also increase as a result of payment rates indexation.

The changes will cost the budget an extra $2.2billion per year.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Centrelink Payments To Get A Boost
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2024 at 5:21pm

jasin will be happy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2024 at 5:29pm

i would have thought it was better to use that money where it is needed.

mainly as a boost to young people in employment , saving for a house deposit

those on welfare are already well looked after.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2024 at 11:14pm

Ah well - that's what comes of being one of the top prospering nations in the world... it comes at a cost to those with the least while the prosperity vanishes into the globalised economy in one way or another, or into tax dodges and havens for those who remain as local businesses...

Overall or general prosperity is a pipe dream of the poorest in the land, who might as well develop an Underworld again and just live in a nation of two separate cultures... at least then they'd know who they could trust...

I do this small cosa for you... one day you repay a small favour... but when that time come - you don' say no, capisce?  I never ask favour unless there is need... same for you here and now... I am a reasonable man ... tell Momma I fix this ape hurt you daughter... no, no... don' kiss my hand... we are friends... shake it like a man! And no more tears, capisce.. BE a man!

Joey... Sal... you know dis guy.... go an' talk with him... he will understand no touch the daughter again, you unnerstan'?  Non troppo, OK?  Just a li'l accident on the stair .... maybe a broken arm...

Damn - I always wanted to be a Godfadda... of course there is no Godfadda.. that's... a term of affection we use for a good man in the community... someone with the interests of the people at heart... you know... what I said before to those Feds... they leaned on me, you know... none of it is truth.

Yer 'Onnah - the State demands that this witness be charged with perjury!!!  We have sworn statements.... signed....

Ah - dose were all lies... just to get them Feds off my back, you know... I'm not a well man... they were pretty serious.... I signed to give myself a little elbow room... they were breathin' down my neck, Yer 'Onnah... it's not a fair thing to do to an old man... Vito Corleone is a businessman.. olive oil importer... he pays his taxes, he donates to the church and to the poor he is always a bastion of support for the community... the Pope gave him a medal....... and Michael - he's a war hero... you know how people like to rib them guys.... he can take it.... it's all just talk over a glass of vino ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2024 at 12:34am

John Smith wrote on Mar 4th, 2024 at 5:21pm:
jasin will be happy

Yes. I reckon I just stole $700+ off you.
And I didn't even have to bake a cake either.
Aren't you a silly meatball.  Grin Keep working 'slave'.  Wink

Eat your heart out Monk!
I out-did you by $700+  Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2024 at 3:33am

aquascoot wrote on Mar 4th, 2024 at 5:29pm:

mainly as a boost to young people in employment, saving for a house deposit

I'm not sure what you mean by "well looked after" if you were including
the aged pension in your claim Aqua.

These periodic increases are simply to keep pace with the increase in
the cost of living for people on fixed benefits.

And if you truly think that an extra $10 a week would, or could, help
"young people" saving for a house deposit, then your knowledge of
economics must be non-existent.  Maybe if they ate less McDonald's
they'd be better off?  A Double Big Mac costs $9.70 and 10 Chicken
McNuggets cost $9.75.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2024 at 5:20am

AusGeoff wrote on Mar 5th, 2024 at 3:33am:
aquascoot wrote on Mar 4th, 2024 at 5:29pm:

mainly as a boost to young people in employment, saving for a house deposit

I'm not sure what you mean by "well looked after" if you were including
the aged pension in your claim Aqua.

These periodic increases are simply to keep pace with the increase in
the cost of living for people on fixed benefits.

And if you truly think that an extra $10 a week would, or could, help
"young people" saving for a house deposit, then your knowledge of
economics must be non-existent.  Maybe if they ate less McDonald's
they'd be better off?  A Double Big Mac costs $9.70 and 10 Chicken
McNuggets cost $9.75.

good point, they should do both,

maccas actually market to the oldies which is kind of sad

pensioners i know arent struggling

your needs to spend fall off a cliff as you age

young people should be paying off a mortgage

my fear is , if you dont give them one, they will squander their money on tatts, mag wheels, pleasuring themselves and never learn to love the grind

they will remain "perpetual infants"

thats probably what the elites want anyway
keep them beaten down and non aspirational

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2024 at 6:34pm

I've just ticked the box to claim Aboriginal Benefits.
There's some more money from John Smith's account I draw from.  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print