Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sauerkraut/Kimchi (Read 65 times)
Jovial Monk
Moderator
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Sauerkraut/Kimchi
Mar 3rd, 2023 at 9:03pm
 
Anyone make sauerkraut or kimchi or other fermented veges at home?

I bought a sauerkraut crock—got very uneven results. Because of moving I forgot the last batch—when I looked at it I only saw mold so I ditched the crock. Only 2L, need a bigger crock to produce a bigger batch of . . . kraut. Or kimchi.

Any hints to get the best kraut?


(in Dutch sauerkraut is zuurkool—sour cabbage. That is what it is!

In the civil war Lee sent his army of North Virginia into Maryland and Pennsylvania partly to get supplies. Sauerkraut and apple butter were two prized commodities the rebels looted (paid for in worthless Confederate currency.)
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print