Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Intelligent Animals (Read 512 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Intelligent Animals
Dec 15th, 2022 at 7:17pm
 
Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122301
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 7:22pm
 
Very funny - when it comes to food they are all intelligent.  Smiley
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58262
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 7:58pm
 
Nothing beats Orca in my opinion.
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:25pm
 
Jasin wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 7:58pm:
Nothing beats Orca in my opinion.


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orca

What a remarkable animal!

BTW Xavier you missed out on a lot of drama today. Methra asked Freediver if he had an erection. Twice 🤭

She barged into a topic where Freediver and I were chatting to ask him that. Freediver started a new topic to get her out of it. Here is the new topic Freediver started :

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1671057927
Back to top
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:31pm by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58262
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 8:36pm
 
I know. I've read em. Very funny.
It's obvious Mothra had a toothpick in her mouth after dinner while looking at FD's avatar-pic, when such thoughts crossed her mind.
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Dnarever
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 62324
Here
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 11:06pm
 
Quote:
Intelligent Animals


Not my dog.

His words are sneaky, dumb, dominant, disobedient.

He is lovable and affectionate though.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Dnarever
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 62324
Here
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2022 at 11:10pm
 
Jasin wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 7:58pm:
Nothing beats Orca in my opinion.


Seen a pod of Orca swim past Terrigal a few years back. Didn't think that they ever came into those waters. I didn't get around the corner quick enough but they very likely swam within about 10 feet of the surfers around the corner if they didn't change direction. Only time I have ever seen them in the ocean.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2022 at 7:01am
 
Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
Ayn Marx
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2937
South of Australia
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2022 at 8:06am
 
Dnarever wrote on Dec 15th, 2022 at 11:06pm:
Quote:
Intelligent Animals


Not my dog.

His words are sneaky, dumb, dominant, disobedient.

He is lovable and affectionate though.



Both my dogs can be sneaky when food scraps are dumped by football fans at the local park.
Aside from that they're both highly intelligent. Spelling out something like 'We won't take them with us" has only to be said a few times for them to translate its meaning.
They surprise me in other ways. Two dogs left with me, one geriatric and a part senile beagle, the other a working sheep dog are being treated and as honoured guests by my two, When the ancient senile mutt has to go out for a piddle at 3am one or both of mine accompany him. I imagine they're protecting him.
Behaviour like this may be the result of thousands of years of selective breeding by humans given most wolf species  are far less caring for older members of their species.
Back to top
 

The Human Race is Insane
 
IP Logged
 
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #9 - Dec 16th, 2022 at 9:37pm
 
Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122301
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #10 - Dec 16th, 2022 at 9:42pm
 
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 16th, 2022 at 9:37pm:



That link doesn't work.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122301
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #11 - Dec 16th, 2022 at 9:43pm
 
Lisa Jones wrote on Dec 16th, 2022 at 7:01am:



That link doesn't work either.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Jasin
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 58262
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #12 - Dec 17th, 2022 at 7:00pm
 
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=anton+petrov&&view=detail&mid=51CD308B671A7...
Imagine Sapien women sitting down and having an intelligent conversation with a Cephalopod male with his arms all wiggling around her.
Back to top
 

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.
 
IP Logged
 
Ayn Marx
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2937
South of Australia
Gender: male
Re: Intelligent Animals
Reply #13 - Dec 17th, 2022 at 7:08pm
 
Jasin wrote on Dec 17th, 2022 at 7:00pm:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=anton+petrov&&view=detail&mid=51CD308B671A7...
Imagine Sapien women sitting down and having an intelligent conversation with a Cephalopod male with his arms all wiggling around her.

If you're trying to turn us on it's not working.
Back to top
 

The Human Race is Insane
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print