Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Universal Basic Income (Read 3758 times)
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6625
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #45 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:31pm
 
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:25pm:
Yep...he posts utter cr@p.


Tell me my income again

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #46 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:37pm
 
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:31pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:25pm:
Yep...he posts utter cr@p.


Tell me my income again

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!


AGAIN? Have you forgotten already??? In fact you keep forgetting how old you are too. Don't worry about YOUR FUTURE...it will be fully protected by your dementia.
Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6625
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #47 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:45pm
 
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:37pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:31pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:25pm:
Yep...he posts utter cr@p.


Tell me my income again

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!


AGAIN? Have you forgotten already??? In fact you keep forgetting how old you are too. Don't worry about YOUR FUTURE...it will be fully protected by your dementia.


I know what I earn.  Tell me your fantasy again
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #48 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:47pm
 
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:45pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:37pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:31pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:25pm:
Yep...he posts utter cr@p.


Tell me my income again

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!


AGAIN? Have you forgotten already??? In fact you keep forgetting how old you are too. Don't worry about YOUR FUTURE...it will be fully protected by your dementia.


I know what I earn.  Tell me your fantasy again


I don't need to tell you anything. Your incessant insanity says it all. You chronically forget your age AND your income as well as YOUR assets ...every bloody week!
Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
Jovial Monk
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Dogs not cats!

Posts: 51474
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #49 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:48pm
 
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:25pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:45pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:42pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:36pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:35pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:32pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:21pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:20pm:
Yes. You may have to close down FTLW.


All of this is your response to me correcting your lies about trans kids.  Why would I close my account because the right are scum? If I closed it, why would I bother creating another? You're all nothing. This place is merely funny

And here we are - trans, 'right-wing scum'.


LOL!!!

Only took you a small number of posts.


Grappy was here crying instantly lol

You post about ignoring him, but... y'know...


Yep...he posts utter cr@p.


Like you?
Back to top
 

OzPolitic needs a >real< Environment MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Food MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Health MRB now!
OzPolitic needs a >real< Economics MRB now!

Topics in the right MRB!
 
IP Logged
 
Lisa Jones
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 39047
Sydney
Gender: female
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #50 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:50pm
 
Jovial Monk wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:48pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:25pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:45pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:42pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:36pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:35pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:32pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:21pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 12:20pm:
Yes. You may have to close down FTLW.


All of this is your response to me correcting your lies about trans kids.  Why would I close my account because the right are scum? If I closed it, why would I bother creating another? You're all nothing. This place is merely funny

And here we are - trans, 'right-wing scum'.


LOL!!!

Only took you a small number of posts.


Grappy was here crying instantly lol

You post about ignoring him, but... y'know...


Yep...he posts utter cr@p.


Like you?


Oh look everyone ... it's the other old boomer of OzPol afflicted with the same illness that Future has ie dementia.

Back to top
 

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)
 
IP Logged
 
UnSubRocky
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Posts: 26329
Rockhampton
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #51 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 4:15pm
 
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 8:56am:
Who here is against a UBI? Why?  Productivity means we can make most things people need without most people working.  Our choice is a world where more and more people starve b/c there is no work or a brighter future where work is a choice.  The latter also doens't work for infinite growth, which is destroying the planet


I am on a welfare payment to supplement a poverty-level income. I do not see why people who do nothing should get paid more than I do for my part-time work. To qualify for welfare, I have to do a job search and stay job ready with micro-courses and other training (paid for by the government) in addition to the TAFE and university courses I have already completed.

To pay people to sit around and do nothing is just charity without reciprocity. Unless I have the idea of a universal basic income wrong.
Back to top
 

At this stage...
WWW  
IP Logged
 
UnSubRocky
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Posts: 26329
Rockhampton
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #52 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 4:20pm
 
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 10:55am:
Do I keep ignoring Grappy or do I shame his ignorant BS on a thread I started? It's too easy, everyone can see he's an idiot.

Ignored


But he does have you there. India is not an economic model of affluence. They have a billion people living in poverty
Back to top
 

At this stage...
WWW  
IP Logged
 
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6625
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #53 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 4:31pm
 
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 4:20pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 10:55am:
Do I keep ignoring Grappy or do I shame his ignorant BS on a thread I started? It's too easy, everyone can see he's an idiot.

Ignored


But he does have you there. India is not an economic model of affluence. They have a billion people living in poverty


Which is precisely why a UBI trial was done there to work out if it was effective in lifting people out of poverty without taking away incentive to work.  That's WHY they did it there LOL
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6625
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #54 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 4:32pm
 
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 4:15pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 8:56am:
Who here is against a UBI? Why?  Productivity means we can make most things people need without most people working.  Our choice is a world where more and more people starve b/c there is no work or a brighter future where work is a choice.  The latter also doens't work for infinite growth, which is destroying the planet


I am on a welfare payment to supplement a poverty-level income. I do not see why people who do nothing should get paid more than I do for my part-time work. To qualify for welfare, I have to do a job search and stay job ready with micro-courses and other training (paid for by the government) in addition to the TAFE and university courses I have already completed.

To pay people to sit around and do nothing is just charity without reciprocity. Unless I have the idea of a universal basic income wrong.


The point of a UBI is that I would get it.  Everyone would get it.  No one would get more than you, you have a job and would end up with more

All those onerous requirements would go away.  That's half the point.  The cost of policing those requirements is a net saving here
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Frank
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 60605
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #55 - Oct 7th, 2022 at 9:40pm
 
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 4:32pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 4:15pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 8:56am:
Who here is against a UBI? Why?  Productivity means we can make most things people need without most people working.  Our choice is a world where more and more people starve b/c there is no work or a brighter future where work is a choice.  The latter also doens't work for infinite growth, which is destroying the planet


I am on a welfare payment to supplement a poverty-level income. I do not see why people who do nothing should get paid more than I do for my part-time work. To qualify for welfare, I have to do a job search and stay job ready with micro-courses and other training (paid for by the government) in addition to the TAFE and university courses I have already completed.

To pay people to sit around and do nothing is just charity without reciprocity. Unless I have the idea of a universal basic income wrong.


The point of a UBI is that I would get it.  Everyone would get it.  No one would get more than you, you have a job and would end up with more

All those onerous requirements would go away.  That's half the point.  The cost of policing those requirements is a net saving here

That is why it is a daft idea. It's extra income for the well off and sit down money for the idle.

The rubbish and shopping trolley will still need to collected, the abbatoir will need to continue working, grandma's nappy in the nursing home will still need to be changed.


Back to top
 

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.
 
IP Logged
 
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6625
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #56 - Oct 8th, 2022 at 7:34am
 
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:47pm:
I don't need to tell you anything. Your incessant insanity says it all. You chronically forget your age AND your income as well as YOUR assets ...every bloody week!


I understand you have dementia but I have told you why I lied about my age.  I've never misrepresented my income
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6625
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #57 - Oct 8th, 2022 at 7:34am
 
Frank wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 9:40pm:
That is why it is a daft idea. It's extra income for the well off and sit down money for the idle.

The rubbish and shopping trolley will still need to collected, the abbatoir will need to continue working, grandma's nappy in the nursing home will still need to be changed.




There are not enough jobs.  Jobs are ending all the time.  There is nothing for the 'idle' to do.  And yes, those jobs will exist and working people will have more money, by default.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
MeisterEckhart
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 17122
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #58 - Oct 8th, 2022 at 7:58am
 
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 8th, 2022 at 7:34am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 3:47pm:
I don't need to tell you anything. Your incessant insanity says it all. You chronically forget your age AND your income as well as YOUR assets ...every bloody week!


I understand you have dementia but I have told you why I lied about my age.  I've never misrepresented my income

So, it's the old 'I was lying then, but not now', eh!
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Gnads
Gold Member
*****
Online


Australian Politics

Posts: 34060
Gender: male
Re: Universal Basic Income
Reply #59 - Oct 8th, 2022 at 8:15am
 
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on Oct 7th, 2022 at 10:42am:
Someone tell Grappy that UBI has been trialed in India and other places to great success.  I can't be bothered talking to the tnuc



India? Grin Grin Grin Grin The disparity between rich & poor there is vast ...... and still driven by a class/caste system.

As I said Graps is a useful tnuc .... you're a dead tnuc
Back to top
 

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print