Enquiring mind wrote on Mar 23
rd, 2022 at 2:05am:
But you won't "call Putin out" if he unilaterally invades a sovereign country.
I'm not defending the invasion. Many posts back I said no-one thought Putin would invade. But I insist on pointing out the invasion is a continuation of the Cold War, a battle between ideologies.
(Now the flag bearer for collectivism is China, which will prove a much stronger opponent to individualism than the USSR).
Quote:Something tells me you don't want this secure international law and universal prosperity, Great. You just want China and its proxies as number one.
Explained and refuted above. Universal well-being and security versus global domination by a self-interested super power.
Quote:America number ten.
America number whatever - it doesn't matter; the point is self-interested US global hegemony (or "America First") is impermissible in international law.
Quote:You just want to reserve the right for China and its underlings to invade whoever they want. That's why you joined this board - to spread this message.
Refuted above. China invading another country is impermissible in international law.
Quote:"Sovereign rights" indeed, no?
No, they don't exist in nature, and they are certainly impermissible in international law.