Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Royal commision into ADF suicides (Read 3525 times)
Brian Ross

Representative of me

Royal commision into ADF suicides
Nov 29th, 2021 at 4:15pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Re: Royal commision into ADF suicides
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2021 at 8:34pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2021 at 8:45pm

That doesnt surprise me Brian, its been known for some time that some commonly prescribed  anti depressants actually increase the rate of suicide amongst all groups. A close family member of mine attempted suicide after being prescribed anti depressants and a work colleague and good friend committed suicide last year also after being prescribed anti depressants.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2021 at 9:03pm

Northofnorth you are banned from this forum.   Obey it!

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2021 at 9:04pm

rhino wrote on Nov 30th, 2021 at 8:45pm:
That doesnt surprise me Brian, its been known for some time that some commonly prescribed  anti depressants actually increase the rate of suicide amongst all groups. A close family member of mine attempted suicide after being prescribed anti depressants and a work colleague and good friend committed suicide last year also after being prescribed anti depressants.

Depends on how widely they were proscribed.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2021 at 9:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 30th, 2021 at 9:04pm:

Anti depressant are one of the most widely prescribed group of drugs and are commonly prescribed for PTS.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2021 at 8:47am

rhino wrote on Nov 30th, 2021 at 9:12pm:

Anti depressant are one of the most widely prescribed group of drugs and are commonly prescribed for PTS.

I am aware of that.  I wonder if they are as widely proscribed to service people.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2021 at 9:39am

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 1st, 2021 at 8:47am:

I am aware of that.  I wonder if they are as widely proscribed to service people.

I believe they are. I know a couple of people who have been taking them.  Mixed results from my own laymans observations.  Undecided

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2021 at 10:30am

Brian Ross wrote on Dec 1st, 2021 at 8:47am:

There are no special separate medications for service people who have PTS. They are prescribed the exact same medications as the rest of us. I would advise extreme caution to anyone who is prescribed anti depressants, I threw my scripts in the bin. As a point, although I myself do not use illegal substances,  with the advent of legalisation of Marijuana in the US there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that many ex service people are having a lot more success alleviating PTS with specific varieties of that particular previously illegal drug. The US has a lot of  war Vets and from what I have seen they do not look after them very well
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2021 at 10:35am by rhino »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 8:10pm

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Dec 8th, 2021 at 7:45pm

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Dec 8th, 2021 at 10:18pm

Hari Kari

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Dec 9th, 2021 at 11:17am

Jasin wrote on Dec 8th, 2021 at 10:18pm:
Hari Kari

Seppuku in what way, JaSin? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Dec 9th, 2021 at 9:02pm

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Dec 10th, 2021 at 9:04am

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 30th, 2021 at 8:34pm:

An old mate went on one of those and he went off the deep end, his doc changed it, fortunately.

I prescribe a quiet life in a quiet environment and no stress. Takes a while.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print