Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 29
Send Topic Print
WOKE, taken to a new level of stupidity (Read 11831 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
WOKE, taken to a new level of stupidity
Nov 12th, 2021 at 8:05am

I ask you, are these morons drugged to the ears to come up with this shite?

woke.JPG (113 KB | 24 )
woke.JPG

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: WOKE, taken to a new level of stupidity
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2021 at 8:06am

continued

woke_2.JPG (76 KB | 22 )
woke_2.JPG

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2022 at 12:46pm

woke hysteria has now reached such a crescendo that even the 20th century’s most famous warning about tyranny is falling victim to its tyrannous habits. RIP satire, you had a good innings. Orwell’s classic book has been slapped with a trigger warning at the University of Northampton. Students are warned that it contains ‘explicit material’ that they might find ‘offensive and upsetting’. These are adults we’re talking about, by the way. People over the age of majority being told by university officials that a novel about the dangerous, dehumanising consequences of censorship might offend them…

Trigger warnings have been stinking up woke campuses for years. Even Charlotte bloody Bronte comes with a trigger warning now – you might find Jane Eyre ‘distressing’, Salford University tells its charges. Students at Cambridge University are warned that some Shakespeare plays contain ‘discussions of sexual violence’. University College London slapped a trigger warning on its course ‘Archaeology of Modern Conflicts’, warning students that they might see images of bones and bodies and other ‘distressing’ things. Bones in an archaeology course? Well, I never.

It is also a society that needs to read Nineteen Eighty-Four all over again. Of course Orwell’s novel remains incredibly popular. But here’s the funny thing: lots of youthful woke types read it in the belief that it’s a prophecy of the deranged, right-wing, white-supremacy bullshit they believe they are living under, not realising that it’s a far more searing indictment of their own political predilections and behaviours. I couldn’t help laughing when sales of Nineteen Eighty-Four sky-rocketed following the inauguration of Donald Trump in 2017. You could just picture the right-on anti-Trump set getting about halfway through the novel and thinking to themselves: ‘Hold on – is this thing about us?’

Eagle-eyed woke folk will have recognised their penchant for viciously Twittermobbing anyone who steps outside of ‘correct thought’ on race, gender and sexuality in the Two Minutes Hate against enemies of the state that Big Brother’s fanboys engage in. They’ll have had pangs of self-realisation as they read about Newspeak, too, the Party’s creation of shrivelled, minimalist new words that the masses are cajoled to accept – a bit like the pronoun frenzy, no, where we are instructed to say they, them, ze, zir etc, and to use chestfeeder instead of breastfeeder and uterus-haver rather than woman? They’ll have balked as they read about the Junior Spies who keep an eye on adults to make sure they aren’t thinking and speaking in the ‘wrong way’ – I mean, isn’t that contemporary millennial politics summed up? And when torturer O’Brien tells Smith that he intends to ‘cure’ him of his incorrect thoughts, and make him accept that two plus two does equal five, surely the honest SJW reader will have thought to himself: ‘poo, I do that, all the time, when I Twittermob people until they publicly declare that, yes, a man can be a woman....
https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/01/24/now-even-1984-comes-with-a-trigger-warning/

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2022 at 1:12pm

Now they've gone too far...

Critics lash out at Disney’s ‘woke’ Minnie Mouse makeover
Keiran Southern, Los Angeles
Friday January 28 2022, 1.15am GMT, The Times

Disney’s update of Minnie Mouse’s clothes has drawn fierce criticism, with a prominent conservative commentator describing the makeover as an attack on the fabric of society.

The cartoon character has ditched her trademark red and white polka dot dress in favour of a blue pantsuit, created by the British fashion designer Stella McCartney.

The transformation is in honour of Disneyland Paris’s 30th anniversary, but Minnie will also sport the new look for Women’s History Month in March.

Minnie Mouse’s usual outfit is a red and white polka dot dress

McCartney said that the pantsuit, favoured by ,politicians such as Hillary Clinton and Angela Merkel, made Minnie a “symbol of progress for a new generation”. However, the ,makeover has not gone down well with some commentators and fans on social media.

Candace Owens, the American conservative pundit, called the change an attempt to “destroy fabrics of our society”, telling Fox News that it was a distraction from issues such as runaway inflation.

Some social media users were similarly unimpressed. One dismissed the pantsuit as “woke” and another accused Disney of paying lip service to progressive causes. One Twitter user wrote bluntly: “Ugly and I hate it.”

Others took a kinder view about the outfit but had doubts about the colour. “Love the idea… despise the execution. ITS NOT EVEN RED???,” one person tweeted.

That view was echoed by a fan who said: “The idea of the pantsuit is so cute, but we gotta have the iconic Minnie Mouse colours to go with it!”

Minnie made her debut in the animated short film Steamboat Willie in 1928 and has been as enduringly popular as her long-time sweetheart Mickey. She has her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, having been inducted in 2018.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2022 at 1:32pm

That wouldn't be hard..... they're pretty much at the bottom already...

... in one of my Fem War books, during a night patrol that ends with the good guys being unable to break through and engaging in a firefight in Anaheim, a tall Mickey Mouse statue is hit and toples t the ground... one of the guys mutters - "I think I just killed Mickey Mouse!" To which his officer replies - "I think he's already been dead a long time Trooper."

These bastards ARE reading my books!
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2022 at 1:57pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2022 at 1:36pm

Valkie wrote on Nov 12th, 2021 at 8:05am:
I ask you, are these morons drugged to the ears to come up with this shite?

I wouldn't go as far as saying Mark Latham is drugged to the ears, but there's certainly something seriously wrong with him - I'll give you that.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2022 at 2:46pm

Is it necessary to ask if you are warm or cold to White people because Whites are now the minority in the public service when they are the majority in this nation, and soon must be returned to that majority in full for the purpose of sanity?

Clearly this is an admission that bias exists in the tinteds.... time to piss off this affirmative action and let them take their chances the same as some poor white boy from the houso districts does... how many bright young men brought up in houso miss out due to affirmative action while some well-fed and pampered tinted sheila gets first dibs at a job because of colour and home language?

If people have to be self-sustaining and have $100k (or whatever it is) to migrate here - how does that allow a half-starved genius rat from the Houso a fair and equal opportunity?  Does his family have total self-support and a few hundred lazy large lying around... or are they on the bread-line living hand to mouth?

Affirmative action was always wrong in its implementation and always will be - and is long overdue for the scrap-heap - starting with who we choose to migrate here.  We're in the business of having a viable nation for ALL - not of being the lab rats for every Frankenstinian Social Science experiment on Planet Earth... this country simply cannot afford to be a mad man's laboratory....

You know what the difference is between Mark Latham and I?  I make this LOOK good!  And I'm right on the money every time.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2022 at 9:36pm

The Heartless Felon wrote on Jan 29th, 2022 at 1:12pm:
Now they've gone too far...

Critics lash out at Disney’s ‘woke’ Minnie Mouse makeover
Keiran Southern, Los Angeles
Friday January 28 2022, 1.15am GMT, The Times

Disney’s update of Minnie Mouse’s clothes has drawn fierce criticism, with a prominent conservative commentator describing the makeover as an attack on the fabric of society.

The cartoon character has ditched her trademark red and white polka dot dress in favour of a blue pantsuit, created by the British fashion designer Stella McCartney.

The transformation is in honour of Disneyland Paris’s 30th anniversary, but Minnie will also sport the new look for Women’s History Month in March.

Minnie Mouse’s usual outfit is a red and white polka dot dress

McCartney said that the pantsuit, favoured by ,politicians such as Hillary Clinton and Angela Merkel, made Minnie a “symbol of progress for a new generation”. However, the ,makeover has not gone down well with some commentators and fans on social media.

Candace Owens, the American conservative pundit, called the change an attempt to “destroy fabrics of our society”, telling Fox News that it was a distraction from issues such as runaway inflation.

Some social media users were similarly unimpressed. One dismissed the pantsuit as “woke” and another accused Disney of paying lip service to progressive causes. One Twitter user wrote bluntly: “Ugly and I hate it.”

Others took a kinder view about the outfit but had doubts about the colour. “Love the idea… despise the execution. ITS NOT EVEN RED???,” one person tweeted.

That view was echoed by a fan who said: “The idea of the pantsuit is so cute, but we gotta have the iconic Minnie Mouse colours to go with it!”

Minnie made her debut in the animated short film Steamboat Willie in 1928 and has been as enduringly popular as her long-time sweetheart Mickey. She has her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, having been inducted in 2018.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2022 at 10:34pm

Woke is like Fracking.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2022 at 12:06pm

Quote:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Looks more to me like conservative commentators have taken to a new level of stupidity.

But then again they know this sort of stuff is click bait to people like Vaukie

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2022 at 2:12pm

What should be asked is ..... are all these public servants brainless & unable to see the stupidity in this woke propaganda?

You don't have to be a Mark Latham to call this shyte out as divisive,racist, woke, agenda driven crap ... that needs to be kicked to the kerb along with it's authors & disseminators.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2022 at 3:59pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 31st, 2022 at 2:12pm:
What should be asked is ..... are all these public servants brainless & unable to see the stupidity in this woke propaganda?

You don't have to be a Mark Latham to call this shyte out as divisive,racist, woke, agenda driven crap ... that needs to be kicked to the kerb along with it's authors & disseminators.

I have seen how public service works, as an auditor of their systems.
As a rule, the one prepared to be the nastiest and stab as many as possible in the back become managers.
These low IQ morons then employ "yes" people and harass out any who have any ability, thereby ensuring they have no competition.
The way the system works is secrets, they never let anyone know enough to be a threat, keeping information to a needs to know basis.
Backstabbing, whiteanting, dobbing and malicious rumour mongering is actually encouraged.

Capable people are shuffled about from one department to another until tgey eventually leave.

This is how the ATO, Railways, Centafink and Councils all work.
And with women now taking more and more senior positions, men are being ostracized out of most roles.

The new norm is WOKE a tool to bludgeon people into groupthink.
Dare not tell any kind of joke, everything is judged .
The wrong clothing, wrong hairstyle, even the wrong accent will see them moved out.
Anything a man does is scrutinised and even the smallest "accidental" overstepping tge line wil see you being chastised.

The public service is an out of control animal full of useless morons.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2022 at 8:40pm

Been warning yez about the sheilocracy for over thirty years now... more like forty.  They're your sons, grand-son and great-grandsons who are going to take it on the nose for affirmative action.

If you don't stand for genuine equal treatment now, you are losing their future for them before they even start... start with the 'education' system..... and the way it's been warped to more suit girls.  Then ask yourself why they continue to get special treatment in tertiary courses when they are 62% of students.... a real 'minority' that...

Once you hand out privilege as a way of 'equalising' everyone, the few who get it will consider it a right and something never to be taken away.  Imagine the screams now if all their special scholarships and pushes to get them into everything were taken away and they were told to compete fairly.

By contrast, I don't recall any blokes objecting to women being made equal in pay and treatment for employment and promotion etc way back forty years ago.... I, for one, while having no issue with the concept of equalisation, resigned from the CPS over the way in which 'equality' was being pursued... via affirmative action with no sunset clause and so forth - when all that needed to be done was to say "all are to be treated equally from X day", and the whole thing would have been resolved in 5-10 years at most instead of becoming the running sore that it is now, with all the evils inherent in artificially promoting one group (the Hutu) over another (the Tutsi).... or in the extreme cases such as teaching - the Nazis over the New Jews ..... and forcing the New Jews out of professions, teaching, public service and so forth.

I guess you missed reading 'The Rise and Fall Of The Third Reich', by William L Shirer.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2022 at 8:52pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 12th, 2022 at 5:01pm

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 21st, 2022 at 11:00am

Science education goes woke :

Observing whiteness in introductory physics: A case study

ABSTRACT
Within whiteness, the organization of social life is in terms of a center and margins that are based on dominance, control, and a transcendent figure that is consistently and structurally ascribed value over and above other figures. In this paper, we synthesize literature from Critical Whiteness Studies and Critical Race Theory to articulate analytic markers for whiteness, and use the markers to identify and analyze whiteness as it shows up in an introductory physics classroom interaction. We name mechanisms that facilitate the reproduction of whiteness in this local context, including a particular representation of energy, physics values, whiteboards, gendered social norms, and the structure of schooling. In naming whiteness and offering a set of analytic markers, our aim is to provide instructors and researchers with a tool for identifying whiteness in their own contexts.

Alongside our discussion, which imagines new possibilities for physics teaching and learning, we hope our work contributes to Critical Whiteness Studies’ goal of dismantling whiteness.
https://journals.aps.org/prper/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevPhysEducRes.18.010119

Within whiteness as social organization, meritocratic and other frames of race-evasive ideology are used to explain or justify the creation or maintaining of the center. Such frames recuse dominant actors from responsibility for the outcomes of white supremacy; narrating success solely in terms of hard work or meritorious qualities treats outcomes as natural and does not recognize the role of white supremacy in shaping who is materially and ideologically “successful.” Because these frames help keep whiteness intact, the use of these frames is often rewarded, and the use of frames that point to whiteness is often punished [3,39], such that it can be difficult or nonsensical for actors (especially white or dominant actors) to understand centering as anything other than meritocratic.

Whiteness as social organization is maintained, in part, by mechanisms of control that enforce the center and discipline those who deviate from it [2,42,51,53]. This “discipline” takes forms varying from physical restraint or violence to microinvalidation and ostracization (e.g., someone is made to feel like they are doing something wrong, unacceptable, or abnormal) [53]. People only need to feel the threat of this discipline for it to shape their behavior; they need not face or have faced these consequences. The mechanisms of control we identified in our analysis are an answer to the question, “What reifies or makes possible whiteness as social organization in this episode?”

You couldn't make up this crap.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 29
Send Topic Print