Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 40
Send Topic Print
What has the clergy been up to? (Read 61412 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

What has the clergy been up to?
Oct 20th, 2020 at 7:29pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: What has the clergy been up to?
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2020 at 10:40pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 5:32am

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 7:23pm

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 8:04pm

It's time the church had removed any tax exemption status.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 9:24pm

Is it wrong for the Vatican to send funds for his defence?

I'm no Catholic and no supporter of evil, but surely that isn't a crime.

"Earlier this month, Italian newspapers reported unsubstantiated allegations that Cardinal Giovanni Angelo Becciu was suspected of wiring 700,000 euros ($1.14 million) to Australia to help secure evidence against Cardinal Pell in his sexual abuse trial."

They were paying to secure evidence against him?  Or to secure evidence that was against him so that it never saw the light of day?

Is there a suggestion that people were paid off, including 'public sector' persons - say judges?

I think this is a brickbat too far.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2020 at 9:26pm

The nuns were very mean to Brian when he was a child. They probably called him names and made him wear a dress. This is his vengeance.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2020 at 8:32am

For the record - I do not believe Pell to have been guilty of child abuse.  His sin was in not ensuring that the scum who were guilty got a free pass, and that was a sin passed on to him as policy by his church - but he was not charged with that.

Mud sticking after it is all over is not sufficient reason to condemn a man.

On the other hand I do trust that particular church has learned a very severe lesson about paedophiles, and as for hush money - that should rightly be paid anyway as compensation, not as bribes - IF that was the case with the Vatican money.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2020 at 10:04pm

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 31st, 2020 at 11:15pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 8:32am:
For the record - I do not believe Pell to have been guilty of child abuse.  His sin was in not ensuring that the scum who were guilty got a free pass, and that was a sin passed on to him as policy by his church - but he was not charged with that.

On the other hand I do trust that particular church has learned a very severe lesson about paedophiles, and as for hush money - that should rightly be paid anyway as compensation, not as bribes - IF that was the case with the Vatican money.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #10 - Nov 3rd, 2020 at 7:59pm

What has the clergy been up to?

The second knuckle usually...

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 2:13pm

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 2:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2020 at 10:40pm:

They are entitled to fund his defence, and that may include negotiating with some of his accusers whose stories are - shall we say - shaky??

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 2:20pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 23rd, 2020 at 8:32am:
For the record - I do not believe Pell to have been guilty of child abuse.  His sin was in ensuring that the scum who were guilty got a free pass, and that was a sin passed on to him as policy by his church - but he was not charged with that.

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 21st, 2021 at 2:43pm

it seriously breaks my heart to read about this stuff  for those abused it never goes away....no money doesnt heal the mind   but its better in the victims pockets than those responsible.....

tell me this  is it only the Catholic church  that has been taken to task over the mishandling and side tracking??....I dont believe they are alone in this   yet we dont seem to hear about the rest...even more so the Govt run institutions.... Angry Angry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 40
Send Topic Print