Send Topic Print
Charities (Read 864 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Charities
Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:24pm

So. Apparently the charities dont know what to do with the money so they are doing nothing. Heres what to do:

Take trucks to the areas full of water the makings of shelters and food maybe clothes too. Dont bother checking everyones id - if they haven't lost everything what does it matter if they get some free water and food? If they are in that area they are in trouble.

Geez. If i can figger that out why cant they?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Charities
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:34pm

We could start growing rice in the desert again using free water trucked in from the coast under the guise of bushfire relief.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 8:29pm

Maybe the money should be handed over to Mr Trump and his kids (the ones he likes).

They know how to handle charity funds.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2020 at 11:46pm

Someone in the group I've been working with came up with a brilliant temporary shower - many people have no showers etc...  two of those plastic 1000l water things, one on top of the other with the middle bits removed and a doorway cut, and a curtain on a rail - and hey presto - easy portable shower (once fitted with nozzle etc)...

A charity could fund a Men's Shed or two to make those... the old guys would love to..

I've got donated poly pipe and connectors here.... go a long way....

Also collect washing machine pumps with motor - they work a treat in giving pressure - used one on my farm years ago... free pump from a roadside dump... easy to rig up.... most have power back so no problem...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:51am

How many times do you hear charities screaming out for donations....now they have them they have no idea what to do with them.....BULLSHIT.
Some fat pig is racking in millions in interest.
I call bullshyte.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 11:03am

Captain Caveman wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:51am:
How many times do you hear charities screaming out for donations....now they have them they have no idea what to do with them.....BULLSHIT.
I call bullshyte.

They were going on about how they wanted money not "things" but if they gave the things out they wouldn't pile up. The ppl in the fire areas need those things. who cares about ID?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 11:20am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 11:03am:
I call bullshyte.

They were going on about how they wanted money not "things" but if they gave the things out they wouldn't pile up. The ppl in the fire areas need those things. who cares about ID?

Spot

"We"'ve had problems with things piling up - in the first rush people donated everything in sight... now it has settled into a routine and connections pretty much, and various areas can request the supplies they know they need.

The next phase of re-building assistance is more complex - especially without funding - since temporary erections (sic) are often over-run at random by insurance and work beginning.

Hence the idea of transportable shower cubicles... very good idea.

As for ID - well yes and no - there have been cases of people who are hangers-on arriving at evacuation points and dropping in for a freebie.  On the other hand - some stuff we've collected, I've just said 'wherever it's needed'... and trust the storage person to know what's what... local knowledge.

Unfortunately due to some pilfering, there has developed a need to formally ID those who distribute etc... and for some things a referral is required from Colonel C'Link or a registered charity...  human nature creeps in, I'm afraid.... someone has developed a database of burnt out homes in one area (that I know of), so address checks help a lot... but then there are people who 'couch surf' etc who are doubly homeless now as well..

What judgement call do you make?   Feed, clothe and shelter 'em all.. let Allah sort 'em out...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 11:29am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 11:20am:
I call bullshyte.

Spot

"We"'ve had problems with things piling up - in the first rush people donated everything in sight... now it has settled into a routine and connections pretty much, and various areas can request the supplies they know they need.

The next phase of re-building assistance is more complex - especially without funding - since temporary erections (sic) are often over-run at random by insurance and work beginning.

Hence the idea of transportable shower cubicles... very good idea.

As for ID - well yes and no - there have been cases of people who are hangers-on arriving at evacuation points and dropping in for a freebie.  On the other hand - some stuff we've collected, I've just said 'wherever it's needed'... and trust the storage person to know what's what... local knowledge.

Unfortunately due to some pilfering, there has developed a need to formally ID those who distribute etc... and for some things a referral is required from Colonel C'Link or a registered charity...  human nature creeps in, I'm afraid.... someone has developed a database of burnt out homes in one area (that I know of), so address checks help a lot... but then there are people who 'couch surf' etc who are doubly homeless now as well..

What judgement call do you make?   Feed, clothe and shelter 'em all.. let Allah sort 'em out...

Yup. Let allah sort them out. Seriously who cares if someone drops in for a freebie as long as the ppl that need it are getting help? Im not talking abotu handing out heaps of money here - im talking about the "things" food clothes water tools etc (maybe those showers)

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 2:06pm

I call bullshyte.

Spot

Yep. I agree.

I smell a rat here. Someone is holding out for some reason. My guess....financial gain.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:21pm

That's why I'm glad I didn't give to the Red Cross

they're sitting on $60 million of the donations given specifically for the bush fire victims.

And here's Pecker & mothballs supporting their 15% to 20% admin costs.

Just a little more than that isn't it.  Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:22pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:21pm:

they're sitting on $60 million of the donations given specifically for the bush fire victims.

I'd support them even if the admin costs were 50%.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 6:35pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 4:21pm:

It is absolutely disgusting.

I hope people learn from this.
That money should be getting put through local buisiness' etc to rebuild the local areas....that was the point of it.
Instead....it is sitting in.....I'm assuming here.....a high interest account and some fat pigs in control of the books are scrapping the cream off the top. Meanwhile in country Australia the citizens have nothing except the charity from others with fkkk all as well.

Sad to say it but when it comes to free money, especially large sums such as this.......I trust no one.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 6:40pm

we will be getting a St Vinnies doorknock any day now   

but they are being generous and saying its going to the fire victims.......well last I heard they have had donated MILLIONS...in fact so much that some charities are having a job giving it away...

now St Vinnies want to get in on the act.....I hate saying NO when they door knock.....but does anyone else see a NEED for this????

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 7:32pm

By law, the SES doesn't do fires. "Treasurer Tim Pallas announced $14.9 million in the 2017-18 budget for operational costs for SES units across Victoria".   Trucks, maps, ropes, orange pants - ready to go. They could be used for this stuff.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Jan 31st, 2020 at 8:13pm

aUSTRALIA is just a SCAMMER

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print