Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Scumo to bribe poor islands with 500 mill hush (Read 5415 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Scumo to bribe poor islands with 500 mill hush
Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:30pm

Check it out. The LNP is going to compensate for wrecking the planet by bribing poor islands with 500 mill of hush money Sad

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/australia-to-redirect-500-million-in-for...

Quote:
Australia to redirect $500 million in foreign aid to new Pacific projects

Tuvalu: Australia will redirect more than half a billion dollars in foreign aid towards renewable energy projects and disaster relief throughout the Pacific, as Prime Minister Scott Morrison faces direct calls from leaders to "do more" to curb the threat facing the region.

Mr Morrison will unveil a $500 million climate change and oceans package at the Pacific Islands Forum on Wednesday, promising Australia will be a "champion" of the environment and ensure the Pacific remained economically stable and "sovereign politically".

Pacific Island leaders held a climate roundtable ahead of the forum in Funafuti, the capital of Tuvalu, on Monday, highlighting the need for Australia play a bigger role to address the issues many low-lying nations face through climate change.

The historic meeting took place amid growing concern by Western nations over China's influence in the region as Beijing attempts to buy favour with massive foreign aid projects in return for bolstering its military presence.

Fijian Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama appealed directly to Australia on Monday to transition away from coal-powered energy and said the Coalition must “more fully appreciate” the threat facing Pacific nations.

But he warned other nations about lecturing the Morrison government about emissions over the coming days, recognising coal had helped build a strong economy which in turn supported the region.

He said it was not for Fiji nor any other nation "to be prescriptive" as to how Australia ran its affairs, but added as a leader in the region it should do everything possible to achieve a fast transition to low-emission energy sources.

“That transition should be just for your own people and just for us here in the Pacific, where we face an existential threat that you don’t face and challenges we expect your governments and people to more fully appreciate," Mr Bainimarama said.

Mr Morrison said Australia recognised the climate change challenges the Pacific faced.
He said he would detail a new package from existing aid funds to help Pacific nations invest in renewable energy and climate and disaster resilience.

“The Pacific is our home, which we share as a family of nations. We’re here to work with our Pacific partners to confront the potential challenges they face in the years ahead,” Mr Morrison said.

“This highlights our commitment to not just meeting our emissions reduction obligations at home but supporting our neighbours and friends."

Mr Morrison said Australia was doing it part to cut global emissions and had set out "to the last tonne" how it would meet its 2030 target under the Paris Agreement.

The additional $500 million will be used to invest in renewable energy, ensure new infrastructure can withstand disasters and better equip health services to adapt to changing needs.

He said the federal government had already contributed to funding new roads and bridges that were more resilient to extreme weather in Papua New Guinea, the Tina River Hydropower project in the Solomon Islands and building climate resilient schools in Kiribati.

The government has also set aside $140 million from the aid budget for the Australian Private Sector Mobilisation Climate Fund to harness private sector investments in low emissions technology for the Pacific and South-East Asia.

Tuvalu Prime Minister Enele Sopoaga told the forum on Monday he had concerns about Australia’s coal policy - which he had previously expressed to Mr Morrison - and warned the positive relationship could change if the future of his people was not taken seriously.

“I hope we can be more understanding that the people of Tuvalu and small island countries are already submerged, are already going underwater,” Mr Sopoaga said.

“I certainly hope we do not come to that juncture to say we cannot go on talking about partnerships.. while you keep pouring your coal emissions into the atmosphere that is killing my people and drowning my people into the water.”

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Scumo to bribe poor islands with 500 mill hush
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:50pm

All done with borrowed money.

We don't have our own money to give.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:50am

Typical dumbass Nails and his best mate Bobby nodding in unison. Every dollar spent in foreign aid earns us $7.10 in exports you dopey clown. We actually turn a profit. What a pair of ignorant simpletons.

https://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/aid-study-shows-every-1-spent-returns-710-i...

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:55am

crocodile wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:50am:
Typical dumbass Nails and his best mate Bobby nodding in unison. Every dollar spent in foreign aid earns us $7.10 in exports you dopey clown. We actually turn a profit. What a pair of ignorant simpletons.

https://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/aid-study-shows-every-1-spent-returns-710-i...

Then why has the Coalition continued to cut foreign aid....Your defense contradicts the reality that the Coalition have reduced foreign aid doesn't it???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-02/federal-budget-foreign-aid-slashed-by-mor...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 10:45am

Coooo-rrect - we send more coconuts to the islands than they send to us.....

If they were smart they'd invite the Chinese to build their islands up, put in an airstrip, naval base etc... no problem-o ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 11:08am

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 9:55am:

Then why has the Coalition continued to cut foreign aid....Your defense contradicts the reality that the Coalition have reduced foreign aid doesn't it???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-02/federal-budget-foreign-aid-slashed-by-mor...

I don't believe I mentioned the actions of the government in any way, shape or form. The only comment is in relation to the sheer ignorance shown by that boofhead Nails and his mate who has been felating him with every post.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 11:20am

crocodile wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 11:08am:

Huh Huh Huh

I don't believe I mentioned the actions of the government in any way, shape or form. The only comment is in relation to the sheer ignorance shown by that boofhead Nails and his mate who has been felating him with every post.

So ignoring the contradiction in your post makes your whole argument hollow doesn't it???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 12:05pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 11:20am:

Huh Huh Huh

So ignoring the contradiction in your post makes your whole argument hollow doesn't it???

Huh Huh Huh

How do you work that one out. I haven't contradicted anything, just pointing out to the ignoramus that foreign aid is net positive as far as investment return goes. Nothing hollow about any of it. It is the truth and backed up by scholarly research.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 3:03pm

Bobby. wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:50pm:
All done with borrowed money.

We don't have our own money to give.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 5:31pm

crocodile wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 12:05pm:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

How do you work that one out. I haven't contradicted anything, just pointing out to the ignoramus that foreign aid is net positive as far as investment return goes. Nothing hollow about any of it. It is the truth and backed up by scholarly research.

My point is the Coalition cut foreign aid and the cheer squad tells us that it is a good thing....When the Coalition gift Pacific Nations foreign aid the the cheer squad tells us that it is a good thing and every dollar spent in foreign aid earns us $7.10 in exports....You cannot see the contradiction because you defend anything the Coalition does.....Personally I think Foreign Aid is a good thing and should never have been cut???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 5:42pm

This is all about China. China has it's claws into the Soloman's  and Australia wants to take these claws out.

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 6:27pm

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 5:31pm:
crocodile wrote on Aug 14th, 2019 at 12:05pm:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh

My point is the Coalition cut foreign aid and the cheer squad tells us that it is a good thing....When the Coalition gift Pacific Nations foreign aid the the cheer squad tells us that it is a good thing and every dollar spent in foreign aid earns us $7.10 in exports....You cannot see the contradiction because you defend anything the Coalition does.....Personally I think Foreign Aid is a good thing and should never have been cut???

Huh Huh Huh

Fukk me, you're as dopey as that clueless twit Nails. What has the cheer squad got to do with me. Where have I defended the actions of cutting foreign aid. I don't defend everything the coalition does either. You made it up. I defend good policy and pan poor policy regardless of the source. Where's the cheer squad hailing the virtues of this new round of aid. The source I cited was from the Australian National University researched by well qualified scholars and fukk all to do with a coalition cheer squad.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 6:31pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Aug 13th, 2019 at 11:30pm:
Pacific Island leaders held a climate roundtable ahead of the forum in Funafuti, the capital of Tuvalu, on Monday, highlighting the need for Australia play a bigger role to address the issues many low-lying nations face through climate change.

Cargo cult money. Most islands are increasing in size.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 6:44pm

It sounds like some kind of progressive fantasy.

Show me the money.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #14 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 7:32pm

I WISH OUR IDIOT POLITICIANS WOULD STOP THROWING MONEY AT DEAD SHITE PARASITIC COUNTRIES.

WE NEED IT HERE.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print