Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seven agrees to legally-binding review (Read 264 times)
Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Seven agrees to legally-binding review
Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:07pm

Channel Seven has agreed to a legally-binding review of breakfast program Sunrise, according to the communications watchdog.

On Friday last week, the Australian Communications and Media Authority revealed Seven had accepted a court-enforceable undertaking in the wake of Sunrise's widely-condemned 'Hot Topics' segment on Aboriginal adoption.

The broadcast, which went to air in March 2018, saw Sunrise host Samantha Armytage wrongly state that Aboriginal children could only be placed with Indigenous families. Commentator Prue MacSween, who once suggested she wanted to run-over writer and former broadcaster Yassmin Abdel-Magied, added that a "fabricated PC outlook" was to blame.

An ACMA spokesperson said in a statement the media watchdog would be verifying the independence and terms of reference for the review.

News of the legally-binding agreement comes just days after Seven failed in its bid to strike-out a lawsuit initiated by a group of Aboriginal people who featured in the 'Hot Topics' segment via blurred, archival footage. Yolngu woman Kathy Mununggurr and 14 others claim the footage defamed them because it implied they abused or neglected children.

The group also claims Seven breached their confidence and privacy because the footage was originally filmed for the purposes of shedding light on Aboriginal health. A trial is expected to be held later this year.

Source

Whenever they they do a segment on aboriginal people they always bring in a panel of people consisting of zero aboriginal people.  Most (if not all) have very little understanding of aboriginal issues.

If we are to have a grown up discussion in this country, then programs like this need to have a balanced panel. But that won't happen because programs like this are for entrainment not information.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Seven agrees to legally-binding review
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:20pm

Are they going to go back twenty years and rip the sh1t out of Today Tonight?  Love to see those pissant liars get their just deserts .....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:37pm

I have to say I have never heard of this program and the topic...its all news to me..

at the same time raven  it doesnt matter what any white person says.. its always misinterpreted...always....

I am pretty sure Sam Armytage didnt intend to insult anyone at all...

and its a shame every word  gets the same treatment   before you can blink its IN COURT....so much for dialogue raven......

tonight I watched the new show on Tv called TABOO...last week it was on the disabled and I watched something else.....

this week it was on Racism  so I watched it......

and yes I got my eyes opened... I for one do no class myself as a racist...that I guess is for others to point their fingers at.....

but this brought home how 4 young people have been treated yet two were born here  one came here at 4 months and the other at 17....all are now Australian citz..... ahh one was aboriginal...

none of them felt like they belonged they get stood up by rude people asking them where they come from...some even get things thrown at them.. ...........

it was funny and thought provoking.

and made me realise that although I would never treat anyone like that... so many people do....its appalling...

shameful really..

we all need to grow up raven....yep all of us   

stop looking at each other as if they are the enemy....

the young Sudanese man  was more than charming 

they did a small skit in the town of Woy Woy... it was for real all 4 of them stood on the footpath with a stand that read Yong  that was his real name  was running for the Mayor of Woy Woy...they were trying to hand out voting leaflets....well the amount of people who just walked past with frozen looks on their faces..

they would have to be embarrassed when they see  the show.....

everyone in the group was polite   would you like a leaflet sir.. no thanks...grrr..it was cringeworthy..

the guy in charge a comedian  made fun of it though he was very good.....at putting whitey in his place....lol

if you can find it somewhere on the web   give it a watch raven.....it will make you smile for sure..as well as cringe.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 1:10am

cods wrote on Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:37pm:
I have to say I have never heard of this program and the topic...its all news to me..

at the same time raven  it doesnt matter what any white person says.. its always misinterpreted...always....

I am pretty sure Sam Armytage didnt intend to insult anyone at all...

and its a shame every word  gets the same treatment   before you can blink its IN COURT....so much for dialogue raven......

tonight I watched the new show on Tv called TABOO...last week it was on the disabled and I watched something else.....

this week it was on Racism  so I watched it......

and yes I got my eyes opened... I for one do no class myself as a racist...that I guess is for others to point their fingers at.....

but this brought home how 4 young people have been treated yet two were born here  one came here at 4 months and the other at 17....all are now Australian citz..... ahh one was aboriginal...

none of them felt like they belonged they get stood up by rude people asking them where they come from...some even get things thrown at them.. ...........

it was funny and thought provoking.

and made me realise that although I would never treat anyone like that... so many people do....its appalling...

shameful really..

we all need to grow up raven....yep all of us   

stop looking at each other as if they are the enemy....

the young Sudanese man  was more than charming 

they did a small skit in the town of Woy Woy... it was for real all 4 of them stood on the footpath with a stand that read Yong  that was his real name  was running for the Mayor of Woy Woy...they were trying to hand out voting leaflets....well the amount of people who just walked past with frozen looks on their faces..

they would have to be embarrassed when they see  the show.....

everyone in the group was polite   would you like a leaflet sir.. no thanks...grrr..it was cringeworthy..

the guy in charge a comedian  made fun of it though he was very good.....at putting whitey in his place....lol

if you can find it somewhere on the web   give it a watch raven.....it will make you smile for sure..as well as cringe.

Ee-gad, dear, did you just say that?

I was about to post a frivolous little comment about Boongs, but you changed my mind.

It sounds like you actually stand for something.

Better ban this one, FD. It would seem the apologists are outbreeding decent white people everywhere.

A "plausible theory", no?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print