Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
oooops FAIRFAX is DEAD (Read 1621 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

oooops FAIRFAX is DEAD
Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:11am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/clementine-ford-sensationally-quits-n...

Controversial columnist Clementine Ford has sensationally quit Nine Newspapers, declaring Fairfax is “dead” in a lengthy Twitter rant.

The 38-year-old used kiss emojis with the words “Anyway, bye Fairf**ked!” to conclude several brutal tweets overnight.

“Also, here’s some tea and I can spill it now that I have resigned from Fairfax: in September, they threatened to fire me because I had called transphobic Scott Morrison a ‘f***ing disgrace’ on Twitter and they said that new policy was we ‘didn’t disrespect the office of the PM’,” she wrote.

Another one said: “I am not the only writer who’s had pieces knocked back that were critical of other news sources’ practices and elevating of bigotry. The reason? “We don’t criticise the competition.” And this too, which I heard consistently over the last year or 2: “When they go low, we go high.

“Fairfax is dead. That’s a fact,” another tweet said.

In May last year, the hard line feminist had her speech for a charity fundraiser cancelled after almost 14,000 people signed a petition against her appearance.

The outrage came after she tweeted “Kill All Men”, “All men must die” and “I bathe in male tears”.

Also in a since-deleted tweet, Ford called then-Treasurer Scott Morrison a “racist stain on humanity”

Last night, Ford called out her working conditions as “crappy.”

But maybe you do get to the point where you decide that your crappy salary with the crappy work conditions just isn’t enough to keep eating poo every week, and you decide that you would rather take the risk on not making rent next month just to not eat their poo again,” she wrote online.

This morning, Ford added she was not “difficult” during her seven years at the newspaper brand as she continued her overnight explanation of her resignation online.

“I expect at some point a line will be trotted out about how I was ‘difficult’. Don’t believe it,” she said.

“I was a loyal and committed contributor for 7 years and they benefited greatly from me being connected to the masthead.”

Nine announced its takeover of the Sydney Morning Herald last year as part of a $4 billion deal which saw the name “Fairfax” disappear from the nation’s media landscape.

The Daily Telegraph has reached out to Nine Newspapers for comment.

what is it about women  and HELL.. when they are "rejected"  they turn into vipers of the worst kind....

their language skills reach the bottom of all barrels...

looks like she was drunk.... if not god help anyone who lives with her.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: oooops FAIRFAX is DEAD
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:20am

I don't know. Even when drunk, she's more coherent than you cods.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:21am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:20am:

ummmmm so this is about cods.....

oooops again! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:25am

cods wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:21am:

oooops again! Roll Eyes

Oi leave cods alone she's a trooper, she's true blue!  Wink

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:32am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:25am:
cods wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:21am:

oooops again! Roll Eyes

Oi leave cods alone she's a trooper, she's true blue!  Wink

thank you dear I needed that.... Kiss Kiss..

now back to the real rant???.. Smiley Smiley

is fairfax dead??????

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:59am

'transphobic' - you aren't allowed a dissenting view these days without being called 'afraid' of something or a hater....  the most common nonsense trotted out is that those disagreeing are 'afraid of change'... WTF?  No change was on the cards until some clown thought it up... like canceling Australia Day to suit a whining minority... no change mooted other than in your head, dahlings...

You won't be missed, Clem.... adios... head for London with Yassmin ...

ooops...CLEMENTINE IS DEAD... by her own hand... didn't take a single white man with her, either....

Probably get a job on national TV ranting about men being killed.... it's sort of the Hitler thing - how to be noticed in Munich... jump up on a table in a beer hall, fire a pistol into the ceiling, and shout 'The Revolution Has Begun!'  Suddenly become 'relevant' and talked about... otherwise nobody would notice you at all...  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2019 at 10:05am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 10:26am

just between you and me grap    I have never heard of her...oooopss   shhhh..

unlike cods!  whom even Bojack has heard of.. Wink Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 10:59am

Fairfax should not censor journalists from telling the truth....This Government is very sensitive about criticism and will spit the dummy if anyone points out their failings???

Quote:
Ford called then-Treasurer Scott Morrison a “racist stain on humanity”

How true is that???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 1:36pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 10:59am:
Fairfax should not censor journalists from telling the truth....This Government is very sensitive about criticism and will spit the dummy if anyone points out their failings???

Quote:
Ford called then-Treasurer Scott Morrison a “racist stain on humanity”

How true is that???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't like the guy but if you could post a few things he's said I might be able to answer you.

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 1:46pm

cods wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 9:11am:
In May last year, the hard line feminist had her speech for a charity fundraiser cancelled after almost 14,000 people signed a petition against her appearance.

The outrage came after she tweeted “Kill All Men”, “All men must die” and “I bathe in male tears”.

Good riddance to her departure. Fairfax should hire Sydney Watson or Daisy Cousens in her place.

Interesting fact: Fairfax was offered to purchase Seek in the early 2000's but rejected their purchase price. In 2018, Fairfax was purchased by the Nine Group for $2.16 Billion. Seek currently has a market capitalisation of $6 Billion.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 2:55pm

Just what we need more uptight anti male feminists whose unbridled hate for anything male

poisons everything and everyone around them

I think in fact they hate themselves and in fact can't stand minute to minute living  in their loathsome hate filled skins

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:31pm

red baron wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 2:55pm:
Just what we need more uptight anti male feminists whose unbridled hate for anything male

I think in fact they hate themselves and in fact can't stand minute to minute living  in their loathsome hate filled skins

Cheesy Cheesy and your just full of Love and positivity  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:37pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:31pm:

And what Red says makes what she said OK? She's a self professed man hater, don't try and disempower her by being like the guy on the Gillette ad, touching her on the shoulder and saying... "I think she means..." You men and your toxic masculinity! Let her own her words.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:41pm

Quote:
Let her own her words.

Is there any suggestion she is recanting?  I don't think so.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:55pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:37pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:31pm:

And what Red says makes what she said OK? She's a self professed man hater, don't try and disempower her by being like the guy on the Gillette ad, touching her on the shoulder and saying... "I think she means..." You men and your toxic masculinity! Let her own her words.

they are like  a wild beast  that suddenly finds itself caged.. they let it all out in one wild burst.....

you can hardly call it feminine maybe they are the real trannies caught in the crossfire of not knowing which band wagon to jump on....

foul mouthed unreasonable women dont do it for me....I would never listen or follow them.....

probably why I have never heard of her...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print