Send Topic Print
Elder abuse (Read 3375 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Elder abuse
Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:59pm

If that was my pops, I'd bring back the good old indian practice of sati just for that filthy bastard

It is alleged Hornsby man Prakash Paudyal pulled at the 82-year-old man's shirt, and used a shoe to hit him repeatedly at Bupa Aged Care Seaforth.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-06/aged-care-worker-allegedly-assaults-eld...

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Elder abuse
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 9:04pm

IBI

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 9:22pm

When my son worked in aged care while getting his nursing degree he would always "take on" a resident that asked if he could take care of them instead of XXX he was working with if he could. His reasoning was there may be nothing behind it, personal preference even but there are also other possibilities.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:01pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 9:22pm:
When my son worked in aged care while getting his nursing degree he would always "take on" a resident that asked if he could take care of them instead of XXX he was working with if he could. His reasoning was there may be nothing behind it, personal preference even but there are also other possibilities.

Hmm - yes... sometimes the elderly are not believed because they've 'lost it'.  I know from personal experience that the ex's old ma-in-law, just before she went into care, accused her of things she did not do - I was there.

I nearly had to fight one of the family members over this when I tried to state the truth.

However... why should it be illegal to put a camera there if there is concern?

Far Chem....

Sue the management.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:15pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:01pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 9:22pm:

Hmm - yes... sometimes the elderly are not believed because they've 'lost it'.  I know from personal experience that the ex's old ma-in-law, just before she went into care, accused her of things she did not do - I was there.

I nearly had to fight one of the family members over this when I tried to state the truth.

However... why should it be illegal to put a camera there if there is concern?

Far Chem....

Sue the management.

If the resident wants one it should be there.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:15pm

Skilled migration!!  Yay, what a benefit!

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:23pm

Frank wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 10:15pm:
Skilled migration!!  Yay, what a benefit!

My son has worked with Indians and counts them amongst his friends and co-workers. One of the women he "took on" was Indian, not that old but had a stroke, husband(white) dumped her into aged care even though she wasn't old, she had trouble communicating(stroke and language) and was not treated as well as she should have been and always ask for him if he was on duty. I guess it works both ways.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 11:30pm

I worked 10 years worth of Aged Care.
I loved it, but it was hard work - physically, especially on the back.
More Males should be doing it than females, to be honest.
It is a wonderful job, but while Mummy wiped your little bum when you were little, I think its a man's duty to wipe the bum of society's elderly.

With that said - 80% of people who grow old, DO NOT grow old like what you see in Aged Care.
Because of Drug, Smoking & Alcohol - many Elderly are 'hard to handle' (even for themselves) due to mental/physical breakdown.
Some are indeed 'violent' - but as a guy, its not about doing stuff like the above photo or punching back.
It's about rolling with the punches, taking the hits and just calmly restraining without bruising/injury (physical assertiveness).
The guys who can't cope with the odd punch - should not be in Aged Care and should definitely HTFU. The record amount of punches I copped was over 50 from an old guy who tried to run from Nepean Hospital. I just took it because ...I'm a man who could. I've copped far worse from Non-Elderly, that's for sure.

Violence is a part of Aged Care - many residents are 'dumped' residents, even by the Govt. They are not happy, they are not reasonable, they are not in control of much of themselves anymore. Most of the times they are violently unco-operative out of 'fear' (like fear of falling, being dropped by a physically uncapable Staff member).

Sadly for Aged Care - they have to take 'anyone' to do AiN because they are desperate for workers.
Alas for Australia, it seems there is more interest for guys to do 'Military' to become Men. Even though there is more need in Aged Care, BY FAR, for males than there is for Military (to fight as Mercs for USA, etc).

Aged Care taught me 'patience', dignity and respect.
Along with appreciation of how 'physically' hard women can work. To the point, in construction - I gave many a bludger male a hard time "I've seen women work harder than you, fool!"

If you import 'cheap Asian/Indian' labour - this is what you get. Crap ability, especially when they have to handle things on their own.

I was so good. I was the first ever to pick up (and implement) the ability of Dementia to hon in on something, while everything else was lost to them. I ended up being able to make Dementia 'comply' without stress or fuss (more successful with males, than females though). Many Doctors acknowledged my efforts ...but as I was 'just' a poo-wiping AiN.  Tongue

Anyway. It's 'desperation'  - that Aged Care has to employ 'anyone'.
Especially when everything is based upon a 'white collar' view - the so-called 'clever' country is not recognised.
Too smart for their own good: White collars thinking they know how 'blue collar' work should be done.

That' the real problem!  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 11:47pm

Gordon wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 8:59pm:
If that was my pops, I'd bring back the good old indian practice of sati just for that filthy bastard

It is alleged Hornsby man Prakash Paudyal pulled at the 82-year-old man's shirt, and used a shoe to hit him repeatedly at Bupa Aged Care Seaforth.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-06/aged-care-worker-allegedly-assaults-eld...

Even if the case seemed obviously conclusive to people, why is the man's name and face shown in an article about an "allegation" of abuse? Should he atleast get the chance to tell his side of the story?

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 11:55pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 11:30pm:
I worked 10 years worth of Aged Care.
I loved it, but it was hard work - physically, especially on the back.
More Males should be doing it than females, to be honest.
It is a wonderful job, but while Mummy wiped your little bum when you were little, I think its a man's duty to wipe the bum of society's elderly.

With that said - 80% of people who grow old, DO NOT grow old like what you see in Aged Care.
Because of Drug, Smoking & Alcohol - many Elderly are 'hard to handle' (even for themselves) due to mental/physical breakdown.
Some are indeed 'violent' - but as a guy, its not about doing stuff like the above photo or punching back.
It's about rolling with the punches, taking the hits and just calmly restraining without bruising/injury (physical assertiveness).
The guys who can't cope with the odd punch - should not be in Aged Care and should definitely HTFU. The record amount of punches I copped was over 50 from an old guy who tried to run from Nepean Hospital. I just took it because ...I'm a man who could. I've copped far worse from Non-Elderly, that's for sure.

Violence is a part of Aged Care - many residents are 'dumped' residents, even by the Govt. They are not happy, they are not reasonable, they are not in control of much of themselves anymore. Most of the times they are violently unco-operative out of 'fear' (like fear of falling, being dropped by a physically uncapable Staff member).

Sadly for Aged Care - they have to take 'anyone' to do AiN because they are desperate for workers.

Alas for Australia, it seems there is more interest for guys to do 'Military' to become Men. Even though there is more need in Aged Care, BY FAR, for males than there is for Military (to fight as Mercs for USA, etc).

Aged Care taught me 'patience', dignity and respect.
Along with appreciation of how 'physically' hard women can work. To the point, in construction - I gave many a bludger male a hard time "I've seen women work harder than you, fool!"

If you import 'cheap Asian/Indian' labour - this is what you get. Crap ability, especially when they have to handle things on their own.

I was so good. I was the first ever to pick up (and implement) the ability of Dementia to hon in on something, while everything else was lost to them. I ended up being able to make Dementia 'comply' without stress or fuss (more successful with males, than females though). Many Doctors acknowledged my efforts ...but as I was 'just' a poo-wiping AiN.  Tongue

Anyway. It's 'desperation'  - that Aged Care has to employ 'anyone'.
Especially when everything is based upon a 'white collar' view - the so-called 'clever' country is not recognised.
Too smart for their own good: White collars thinking they know how 'blue collar' work should be done.

That' the real problem!  Wink

Not sure I'd agree with you on all points as a buffer of off time dissemination from my family but there is a lot I would agree with. Both my youngest and wife did aged care, wife has a bachelor of heath, son is a nurse.

Yes, sadly the highlighted is fairly true. Look after your parents yourselves, don't pass them off to a factory if you want them to be looked after. Blame yourselves if they are maltreated. They looked after you, look after them.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:09am

You're right Set.

What I'm saying is that the 'duty' of AiN is a physical/clever aspect. To make them 'work' in compliance of an Admin'd white collar 'University' based system and structure - is what is 'weakening' it.

Ever work construction and have a white collar tell you 'how' to work, rather than work 'with' you?
Things always go pear shaped, accidents happen.
That's what you get when you have blue-collars having to 'think' like white collars, because white collars use their 'boss' status to justify their efforts.
It always breaks down and only the very experienced recognise the difference.

Registered Nurses have lost their 'cleverness' - ever since they voided 'in house training' at Hospitals (practical) and sold out to the Universities.
I can't count how many new 'Uni' RN nurses came in and thought the 'practical, physical' aspect of bed-rolling, washing, etc ...was beneath their intelligence. Roll Eyes
A whopping 70% of RN's out of Uni leave because they are not prepared or not aware of what 'physical' work has to be done ...what practicality and cleverness is needed.

I left from burnout - too many years banging my head against a sexist and flawed system.
The Swiss can get it right. The New Zealanders & Cubans can get it right.
But do you think the British, Australians & USA can get it right? Nope!  Tongue

Oh well Australia - you get what you pay for.
So I left.

Now I look after mental health & ex-cons, of my own 'Cowboy' accord. No one else wants to look after them unless they just waste the money on more 'Admin' fees.

Yep - its a white collar system 'only'.
Just a 'head on a stick' with no 'body' to get it moving along.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:23am

Jasin wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:09am:
You're right Set.

What I'm saying is that the 'duty' of AiN is a physical/clever aspect. To make them 'work' in compliance of an Admin'd white collar 'University' based system and structure - is what is 'weakening' it.

Ever work construction and have a white collar tell you 'how' to work, rather than work 'with' you?
Things always go pear shaped, accidents happen.
That's what you get when you have blue-collars having to 'think' like white collars, because white collars use their 'boss' status to justify their efforts.
It always breaks down and only the very experienced recognise the difference.

Registered Nurses have lost their 'cleverness' - ever since they voided 'in house training' at Hospitals (practical) and sold out to the Universities.
I can't count how many new 'Uni' RN nurses came in and thought the 'practical, physical' aspect of bed-rolling, washing, etc ...was beneath their intelligence. Roll Eyes
A whopping 70% of RN's out of Uni leave because they are not prepared or not aware of what 'physical' work has to be done ...what practicality and cleverness is needed.

I left from burnout - too many years banging my head against a sexist and flawed system.
The Swiss can get it right. The New Zealanders & Cubans can get it right.
But do you think the British, Australians & USA can get it right? Nope!  Tongue

Oh well Australia - you get what you pay for.
So I left.

Now I look after mental health & ex-cons, of my own 'Cowboy' accord. No one else wants to look after them unless they just waste the money on more 'Admin' fees.

Yep - its a white collar system 'only'.
Just a 'head on a stick' with no 'body' to get it moving along.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You have not met my youngest son. I hope one day you do if he achieves here and doesn't not go over seas. He seriously cares about the health system and he has a "will" that will get him ears.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 12:35am

That's why the original post/photo sums it up.
He's working like a 'white collar' trying to do a blue-collar job.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 2:34am

He's trying on a bit of ethnic cleansing, gettin' practice for the real thing against the Anglo Aussie population

What excuse do the Libs and Labs have for this curry muncher? some weak excuse we've all heard before

Don't let a curry muncher or a Pakistani any where near you, is what I keep saying. Some people just have to find out the hard way. The muncher should get nothing less than jail time, then deported

Ask for an Anglo Aussie attendant because in Healthcare there is government literature relating to affording cultural difference, people of different cultures get different cultural treatment. Not many people know this. So if you're an Aussie, you can ask for Aussie Anglo workers to attend to your needs

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 8:42am

Bias_2012 wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 2:34am:
He's trying on a bit of ethnic cleansing, gettin' practice for the real thing against the Anglo Aussie population

What excuse do the Libs and Labs have for this curry muncher? some weak excuse we've all heard before

Don't let a curry muncher or a Pakistani any where near you, is what I keep saying. Some people just have to find out the hard way. The muncher should get nothing less than jail time, then deported

Ask for an Anglo Aussie attendant because in Healthcare there is government literature relating to affording cultural difference, people of different cultures get different cultural treatment. Not many people know this. So if you're an Aussie, you can ask for Aussie Anglo workers to attend to your needs

That's what I liked about the Private System. A sense of 'Medical culture' first, Religious 'culture' somewhere back down there.
When a Moslem family came into the Private Hospital and the 'large' mother needed to be rolled on the bed for examination. They stated that its their 'religion' that a 'male' like me could not attend (her of 'mature' age  Roll Eyes).
We basically said "It's our way or the highway!" They cried discrimination! We laughed 'Freedom of choice' (and the choice was more ours than theirs). There was no way we were going to allow the small female nurse to do the 'roll'. The Moslems re-considered. I rolled the big lady who didn't lift a leg to help.

I remember being with a top surgeon in his room when a 'Religion' said that in their book, him and his staff must not talk when operating. I saw him pick the book up and throw it out the door!  Shocked
Ahh, I loved Private on that level.  Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print