Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Critics of renewables make me think of China (Read 3329 times)
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21558
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #15 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:28pm
 
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
The article u posted said that China was making a power station a week, so u posted that crap so yes prove it.



Oh. Now I am responsible for what is written in an article? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Cool Stuff

Posts: 2782
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #16 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:33pm
 
lee wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 6:28pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
The article u posted said that China was making a power station a week, so u posted that crap so yes prove it.



Oh. Now I am responsible for what is written in an article? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

No I guess not I just thought if you posted something u agreed with it. So now on anything u post I’ll just take with a pinch of salt.
Ahh just lee posting crap.... Wink Wink
Back to top
 

I am me
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21558
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #17 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:36pm
 
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 6:33pm:
No I guess not I just thought if you posted something u agreed with it. So now on anything u post I’ll just take with a pinch of salt.
Ahh just lee posting crap.



You mean like you posting Articles (crap); I should get you to prove it? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Cool Stuff

Posts: 2782
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #18 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:45pm
 
lee wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 6:36pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 6:33pm:
No I guess not I just thought if you posted something u agreed with it. So now on anything u post I’ll just take with a pinch of salt.
Ahh just lee posting crap.



You mean like you posting Articles (crap); I should get you to prove it? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Well you do take me to task on things I post up, and ask me to prove it and I either do or admit I was wrong.....
If I ask u to prove something, it’s change topic time  Wink Wink
Back to top
 

I am me
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21558
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #19 - May 15th, 2018 at 6:59pm
 
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 6:45pm:
Well you do take me to task on things I post up, and ask me to prove it


Has that been your assertions or posted articles?

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 6:45pm:
If I ask u to prove something, it’s change topic time


Is that an assertion of mine or a posted article?

Don't confuse the two.

Opinions are like a*seholes. Everybody has one.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Cool Stuff

Posts: 2782
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #20 - May 17th, 2018 at 10:39am
 
As China marks its four-year anniversary of declaring "war against pollution," a new analysis using data from more than 200 government monitors throughout the country finds air pollution has decreased across the board in China's most populated areas. Cities on average have cut concentrations of fine particulates—widely considered the deadliest form of air pollution—by 32 percent in just four years.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-03-china-war-pollution-results.html#jCp
Back to top
 

I am me
 
IP Logged
 
miketrees
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 6492
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #21 - May 17th, 2018 at 11:15am
 


They dont bow down to forien Nations. China is basically a dictatorship so no greenies and goody goodies. No politial pressures to change and definately no protesting.


I think the foundation to your case you are trying to build is on very unstable ground.

If you see the level of pollution in China ,,,it is horrendous.

I dont see China as a stable political system, I see it much like the Eastern block and it could fall just as quickly.

The government there are reacting to their peoples wish for a cleaner environment, and so they should,,, compared to the west they are starting from a long way back.

Failure to fix the problem could bring the whole country to turmoil.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Cool Stuff

Posts: 2782
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #22 - May 17th, 2018 at 12:22pm
 
miketrees wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 11:15am:
They dont bow down to forien Nations. China is basically a dictatorship so no greenies and goody goodies. No politial pressures to change and definately no protesting.


I think the foundation to your case you are trying to build is on very unstable ground.

If you see the level of pollution in China ,,,it is horrendous.

I dont see China as a stable political system, I see it much like the Eastern block and it could fall just as quickly.

The government there are reacting to their peoples wish for a cleaner environment, and so they should,,, compared to the west they are starting from a long way back.

Failure to fix the problem could bring the whole country to turmoil.

yes and any mention in the forum of cleaning our act up is meet with us being socialist greens with no idea about the real world, china doesn't have that. Wink
Back to top
 

I am me
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21558
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #23 - May 17th, 2018 at 1:23pm
 
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 12:22pm:
yes and any mention in the forum of cleaning our act up is meet with us being socialist greens with no idea about the real world, china doesn't have that



Which parts of Australia suffer from pollution problems?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Cool Stuff

Posts: 2782
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #24 - May 17th, 2018 at 8:47pm
 
lee wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 1:23pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 12:22pm:
yes and any mention in the forum of cleaning our act up is meet with us being socialist greens with no idea about the real world, china doesn't have that

Umm Sydney, Melbourne really any big city, I notice the crappy air every time I have to venture into Brisbane, ohh anyone within 50 kms of a coal power plant, near major industry.. want me to go on ? Wink Wink

Which parts of Australia suffer from pollution problems?

Back to top
 

I am me
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21558
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #25 - May 17th, 2018 at 9:02pm
 
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 8:47pm:
Umm Sydney, Melbourne really any big city, I notice the crappy air every time I have to venture into Brisbane, ohh anyone within 50 kms of a coal power plant, near major industry.. want me to go on ?



Oh Anecdotal evidence? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Cool Stuff

Posts: 2782
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #26 - May 17th, 2018 at 10:02pm
 
lee wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 9:02pm:
[quote author=DonDeeHippy link=1524536459/24#24 date=1526554065]Umm Sydney, Melbourne really any big city, I notice the crappy air every time I have to venture into Brisbane, ohh anyone within 50 kms of a coal power plant, near major industry.. want me to go on ?[/quot

Oh Anecdotal evidence? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin


http://www.news.com.au/news/report-finds-us-china-and-the-eu-have-higher-standar...
So much for clean coal in Australia,
Back to top
 

I am me
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21558
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #27 - May 17th, 2018 at 10:50pm
 
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 10:02pm:
http://www.news.com.au/news/report-finds-us-china-and-the-eu-have-higher-standar...
So much for clean coal in Australia,



Sorry? Who said Australia had clean coal technology. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Cool Stuff

Posts: 2782
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #28 - May 17th, 2018 at 11:37pm
 
lee wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 10:50pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 10:02pm:
http://www.news.com.au/news/report-finds-us-china-and-the-eu-have-higher-standar...
So much for clean coal in Australia,


Sorry? Who said Australia had clean coal technology. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ohh u forget what u ask so quickly lee...
Maybe stop just quoting one line ,u might be able to remember.
U asked is there any pollution problems in Australia, that link answers that. Wink
Wink Wink Wink Smiley
Back to top
 

I am me
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21558
Gender: male
Re: Critics of renewables make me think of China
Reply #29 - May 18th, 2018 at 11:36am
 
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 11:37pm:
Ohh u forget what u ask so quickly lee...
Maybe stop just quoting one line ,u might be able to remember.
U asked is there any pollution problems in Australia, that link answers that. Wink
Wink Wink Wink Smiley



Nope. Now as per your link China has higher air quality standards than Australia.

For your first test; how many days did Beijing meet or exceed these air quality standards?

Sorry, I will make it easy for you.

"Chinese pollution: Beijing sets 2017 air quality goal at more than double WHO's acceptable standard"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-14/beijing-sets-air-quality-goal-at-more-than...

So double WHO's standards. That's not good; right?

It is good to have air quality standards; but if you don't meet those air quality standards then it is just a useless piece of paper or electronic version thereof.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print