Send Topic Print
Comcars Bill... (Read 643 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic

Australian Politics

Comcars Bill...
Mar 5th, 2018 at 12:14pm

Quote:
WHAT A JOKE!

Bill Shorten has been caught out leaving a chauffeur-driven commonwealth car waiting in a carpark all day while he attended the Melbourne Cup. While he was inside one of the most exclusive parties, he racked up a $1013 Comcar bill.

All up he spent almost $40,000 on Comcars over just 5 months.

Some of these politicians treat your money like their own private slush fund!

billy.jpg (106 KB | 12 )
billy.jpg

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Comcars Bill...
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 12:32pm

I wonder how many staffers he's rooted in the back of a comcar?

IBI

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:07pm

I remember a story I heard about Malcom Fraser who got into a ComCar after becoming PM and put his feet up on the dash.  The ComCar driver stopped the car, told him to get out and when he refused, got out himself with the keys and left him there on the side of the road.   He complained to his boss who then told Fraser off in no uncertain fashion.   Appears some politicians think ComCars are for their personal use or something.   Roll Eyes

Ever seen the line up of ComCars outside Parliament House on a Thursday afternoon?  All with their engines running, with either the A/C or heaters on (depending on season) while they wait for Parliament to finish.  Seems the drivers have been ordered to do that, for the Pollies' comfort.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:07pm:
I remember a story I heard about Malcom Fraser who got into a ComCar after becoming PM and put his feet up on the dash.  The ComCar driver stopped the car, told him to get out and when he refused, got out himself with the keys and left him there on the side of the road.   He complained to his boss who then told Fraser off in no uncertain fashion.   Appears some politicians think ComCars are for their personal use or something.   Roll Eyes

Ever seen the line up of ComCars outside Parliament House on a Thursday afternoon?  All with their engines running, with either the A/C or heaters on (depending on season) while they wait for Parliament to finish.  Seems the drivers have been ordered to do that, for the Pollies' comfort.   Roll Eyes

I find that unusual as I was led to believe that the PM normally had a dedicated driver of C1 when in Canberra, of course it may have happened elsewhere. I think being the PM's driver was a status thing among Comcar drivers in the ACT.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 2:18pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Mar 5th, 2018 at 1:22pm:

I find that unusual as I was led to believe that the PM normally had a dedicated driver of C1 when in Canberra, of course it may have happened elsewhere. I think being the PM's driver was a status thing among Comcar drivers in the ACT.

That may be the case now but in 1976 after the Dismissal?  I believe he was simply rotated to the position.   Nowadays he'd have to have done a special drivers' course and be able to drive the big, bad BMW armoured cars.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2018 at 2:26pm

did Fraser have his pants on during this occasion??

maybe thats what upset the driver.. .  Undecided

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print