Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Dogs. (Read 7804 times)
Aussie
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 39943
Gender: male
Dogs.
Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:59pm
 
The sister of my oldest Mate (which makes her a Mate) drives me nuts with her obsession with all things dogs.  She bombards her FaceBook page with stuff about them.

I usually ignore or occasionally give her a serve, but this one is an absolute ripper.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Setanta
Gold Member
*****
Offline


\/ Peace man!

Posts: 17595
Northern NSW
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 8:30pm
 
One of my Bullterriers brought me all her puppies almost like that but there was only 5 of them from memory.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Lionel Edriess
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1932
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 10:31pm
 

That is astonishing!

To me, it illustrates absolute trust between the dog and it's 'pack'.

I am quite prepared to proven wrong, but that clip shows an attachment so strong that it flies in the face of natural instinct. Dogs usually whelp in private and remain so until their pups are mobile.

Back to top
 

Toughen up, Australia!
 
IP Logged
 
Setanta
Gold Member
*****
Offline


\/ Peace man!

Posts: 17595
Northern NSW
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 11:23pm
 
Lionel Edriess wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 10:31pm:
That is astonishing!

To me, it illustrates absolute trust between the dog and it's 'pack'.

I am quite prepared to proven wrong, but that clip shows an attachment so strong that it flies in the face of natural instinct. Dogs usually whelp in private and remain so until their pups are mobile.



When the Bullterrier I mentioned above had her first litter(she was a bit anxious, first time and all) I helped clean them for her, broke the bags so she could eat them, when she was ready she did the above when they were a week or so old but it was onto our(human) bed. I'm sure it's a demonstration of trust.

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Online


OzPolitic

Posts: 42299
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:09am
 

I don't like dogs
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Setanta
Gold Member
*****
Offline


\/ Peace man!

Posts: 17595
Northern NSW
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:14am
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:09am:
I don't like dogs


They may not like you.
Are you a cat person? The guy next door doesn't like dogs but has a cat. He's scared of dogs.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Online


OzPolitic

Posts: 42299
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:16am
 

i've owned a few, know 'how' they are.
Neighbours used to call me the dog whisperer.

Just don't like them.
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Setanta
Gold Member
*****
Offline


\/ Peace man!

Posts: 17595
Northern NSW
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:25am
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:16am:
i've owned a few, know 'how' they are.
Neighbours used to call me the dog whisperer.

Just don't like them.


I love dogs, when we walk to Lismore Square, I try to visit as many as I can and give them a pat. We have Keithy(Staffy), Buddy(Great Dane), Jaz(bitza big dog) Narla and Kobi(German shepard and Bullterrier cross), and Bella(some little black mongrel). Also have a toy poodle next door that lives here half it's life. My granddaughter(2yo) knows when we pass their houses and their names and calls them. Dogs are great.

edit: She especially like the Great Dane, she'll grab hold of the gate, rattle it, and call out Bubby, Bubby! Sometimes there is nobuddy home. Cry
Back to top
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:35am by Setanta »  
 
IP Logged
 
Setanta
Gold Member
*****
Offline


\/ Peace man!

Posts: 17595
Northern NSW
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:50am
 
What is your prob with dogs, Sprint? I'd like to understand. No trust in them, they broke your trust?

I've had dogs around me my whole life, my father has had Au champion retrievers, I've slept with a dear Irish Water Spaniel with half a heart that could not be worked and other dogs on my bed as a kid. My Bullterriers slept with me. I've found them to be better companions and more "true" that most(almost all) people.
They are truly beautiful creatures.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Agnes
Gold Member
*****
Offline


fish dinner

Posts: 6081
Bedford Park rnd
Re: Dogs.
Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:10am
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:09am:
I don't like dogs

   I'm not a fan of dogs- at best I tolerate them-  I am a cat lover- I love all cats in all sizes
Back to top
 

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x


farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Online


OzPolitic

Posts: 42299
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #10 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:56am
 
Agnes wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:10am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:09am:
I don't like dogs

   I'm not a fan of dogs- at best I tolerate them-  I am a cat lover- I love all cats in all sizes


yes, cats are much more interesting.

dogs are smelly and messy
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Fuzzball
Gold Member
*****
Offline



Posts: 6384
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #11 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:20am
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 7:56am:
Agnes wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:10am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 12:09am:
I don't like dogs

   I'm not a fan of dogs- at best I tolerate them-  I am a cat lover- I love all cats in all sizes


yes, cats are much more interesting.

dogs are smelly and messy


Only if their owner is a lazy bastard who shouldn't be allowed to own a dog in the first place. Is that you?  Roll Eyes
Back to top
 

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Online


OzPolitic

Posts: 42299
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #12 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:44pm
 

Quote:
............FOOTAGE of a dog attacking two horses on Nudgee Beach has emerged on social media.

The footage shows Keesha Moignard and her 19-year-old daughter Lucie trying to keep hold of their two horses as a large black dog runs towards them and attacks.

Onlookers gasped during the incident last Saturday morning while others took photos and videos of the attack, which brought one horse to its knees.

Ms Moignard claims she was also bitten on the knee during the chaos............


http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/horse-brought-to-its-knees-in-dog-attack...

shoot the dogs, cripple the owners.
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Online


OzPolitic

Posts: 42299
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #13 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:48pm
 
Quote:
.........A WOMAN has been mauled to death by a dog in Perth.

Reports suggest the attack happened in Southern River, a residential suburb in the city's southeast. The woman is believed to be aged in her 50s.

The West Australian reports police got called to a property with boarding kennels for dogs about 1.30pm local time (3.30pm EST).

St John Ambulance officers declared the woman dead after she received life threatening injuries as a result of the dog attack.

Gosnells Council has seized the dog, reportedly a mastiff. PerthNow reports the death is not being treated as suspicious and a report is being prepared for the coroner.

News.com.au has contacted Gosnells Council for comment.

The tragic incident comes just weeks after a Melbourne man was attacked at a beach in Brighton East.

Cam McIntyre said he was lucky to be alive after dog, believed to be a labrador-rottweiler cross, attacked him and left him with a gash in his neck just millimetres from a major artery.

The dog bit his hand and neck and he was treated with 40 stitches.........


https://www.qt.com.au/news/woman-mauled-death-dog-boarding-kennel/3207884/

hello ?????????????????????
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Aussie
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 39943
Gender: male
Re: Dogs.
Reply #14 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:49pm
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:44pm:
Quote:
............FOOTAGE of a dog attacking two horses on Nudgee Beach has emerged on social media.

The footage shows Keesha Moignard and her 19-year-old daughter Lucie trying to keep hold of their two horses as a large black dog runs towards them and attacks.

Onlookers gasped during the incident last Saturday morning while others took photos and videos of the attack, which brought one horse to its knees.

Ms Moignard claims she was also bitten on the knee during the chaos............


http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/horse-brought-to-its-knees-in-dog-attack...

shoot the dogs, cripple the owners.


I'll leave it to you Mr Cyclist.  It is not in the spirit of this Thread.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print