Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 50
Send Topic Print
Yet another US school shooting. (Read 14862 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Yet another US school shooting.
Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:10am

link.

The American disease.

Inadequate personalities looking for fame and notoriety at any cost.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Yet another US school shooting.
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:16am

Cue Baronvonrort: "the solution to America's gun problem is more guns".

5,4,3,2,1 ...

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:19am

If only a teacher or other student had a gun, this could have been minimised if not prevented.  Undecided

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:21am

Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:19am:
If only a teacher or other student had a gun, this could have been minimised if not prevented.  Undecided

Or if the shooter wasn't allowed to get a gun?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:24am

Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:19am:
If only a teacher or other student had a gun, this could have been minimised if not prevented.  :

The good doctor beat Baron to it.

Gun problem?

Solution = more guns.

Brilliant!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:34am

A gun bought legally or on the black market, is still a gun.

Banning guns simply wouldn't work, and that's because millions of guns wouldn't be handed in to the authorities.

The answer, if there is an answer, is psychiatric profiling of anyone who others regard as a loose cannon, a loner-with-attitude, an anti-social misfit.

One of the students said this shooter was someone you kept away from in case something you said would upset him. The authorities should have been notified about how this fellow was viewed by his peers, and then a psychiatrist should have been sent in to conduct a series of interviews with him.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:48am

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:34am:

Banning guns simply wouldn't work, and that's because millions of guns wouldn't be handed in to the authorities.

The answer, if there is an answer, is psychiatric profiling of anyone who others regard as a loose cannon, a loner-with-attitude, an anti-social misfit.

One of the students said this shooter was someone you kept away from in case something you said would upset him. The authorities should have been notified about how this fellow was viewed by his peers, and then a psychiatrist should have been sent in to conduct a series of interviews with him. 

stupid idea. Loners are killers. anti-social people arent killers. If you profiled every loner, or anti-social person and anyone with behavioural difficulties, you'd interview 30% of the population and STILL miss these people.

Banning guns IS the solution for reasons that are beyond obvious - expect for the small-penis-compensators who need guns to feel bigger than they are.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Dr Mengele

Australian Politics

The Fourth Reich
Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:54am

Nailed it. Even in Australia there's still squillions of unregistered guns that weren't handed in after the 1996 false flag.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:57am

Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:54am:

Nailed it. Even in Australia there's still squillions of unregistered guns that weren't handed in after the 1996 false flag.

There are some, but not like the states where there are TWO GUNS FOR EVERY PERSON and people are allowed to carry them openly. That's why we dont have school shootings like this.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 10:07am

longweekend58 wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:48am:

stupid idea. Loners are killers. anti-social people arent killers. If you profiled every loner, or anti-social person and anyone with behavioural difficulties, you'd interview 30% of the population and STILL miss these people.

Banning guns IS the solution for reasons that are beyond obvious - expect for the small-penis-compensators who need guns to feel bigger than they are.

Agreed.

Good on Herb for his input, but I just can't see that working.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 10:28am

longweekend58 wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:48am:

Those who have an obsession with guns will always be able to buy them ~ especially in the US.

Ban the guns and the only people who will still be in possession of guns will be the very ones for whom the banning was targetted ... criminals and nutjobs.

Personally, I see these shootings as collateral damage in a society of over 300 million people whose movie entertainment is composed mostly of various forms of violence.

It's the culture that needs to change, not the gun laws.

Quickly identifying socio-pathic and psychopathic youths would be a move in the right direction towards ensuring better security for America's schools.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 10:35am

Lord Herbert wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 10:28am:
Those who have an obsession with guns will always be able to buy them ~ especially in the US.

Ban the guns and the only people who will still be in possession of guns will be the very ones for whom the banning was targetted ... criminals and nutjobs.

Personally, I see these shootings as collateral damage in a society of over 300 million people whose movie entertainment is composed mostly of various forms of violence.

It's the culture that needs to change, not the gun laws.

Quickly identifying socio-pathic and psychopathic youths would be a move in the right direction towards ensuring better security for America's schools.

I asked you about this before, but I don't think you responded.

American movies are available all over the world, and they are much, much easier to get now than they were in the past.

Why aren't these movies influencing people in other countries?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 10:35am

Dr Mengele wrote on Feb 15th, 2018 at 9:54am:

If I'd had a gun at the time, no way I would have handed it in. Years later I needed a gun to defend myself against a thugs who was trying to break into my home while knowing I was in here.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 10:36am

What was that old and trite definition of insanity?

Angry

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 15th, 2018 at 10:42am

i blame a lot of this on the leftard lunacy of the way boys are brought up nowadays ( i assume most killers are male).

boys need a function and a purpose and they need to be made to bear responsibility as this gives their life meaning.

when all a young boy is given is lectures about male "rape culture" and  male "oppression" and when he is given the social cultural hypnosis that life is just about your rights and pleasuring yourself and you dont have to take any responsibility for yourself then he becomes TRULY LOST.

men need a "mission in life", they need a goal and they are competitive and they are masculine and they are full of hormones and they need to be actively working towards a meaningful goal.

and young boys dont get any of that.
no mentoring by good strong masculine role models.

if they try to apporach a female they will certainly be awkard and clumsy and this is easily construed as sexual harrasment so they are scared of women.

now you have the recipe for a deep and bitter resentment .
a resentment about the bloody fact of your existence in the first place.
a resentment about the fact that life is harsh and unfair and unjust (which is the christian message that you need to take up your cross and carry on with nobility).

so the angry confused aetheist nihilistic male youth doesnt take up his cross and move forward with nobility , he takes up his gun and moves forward with resentment.
and its no good punishing the evil, he moves forward and punishes the innocent first.
they get the first bullets.

thats what happens when you have a corrupt social and cultural narrative run by air headed leftie intellectuals who dont know what they are doing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 50
Send Topic Print